All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374 ... 452  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:56 pm 
Been dabbling in this again recently. Must be at about 55 hours now, and still only been to Whiterun and Solitude out of the main holds. :fp:

Installed both patches (360), and I'm sure I have more glitches now than before. The sound also seems worse, although that could just be my imagination. It's like the audio's been compressed, and just doesn't sound as clear as it did before.

Anyway, bar a few glitches (bear falling out of the sky and crashing to its death right in front of me, and a cavern wall not loading and so me walking through thinking it was leading to another area before falling to my doom in a sea of blue nothingness) it's still enjoyable.

Feels like there's no end in sight at all, but that's not a bad thing particularly at the moment while I'm still having fun.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:27 pm 
Two achievements left! Oblivion Walker which I can't do on my first char (I let one alive so cant grab the weapon) so will use rest of my characters on that, and another being Shout Master.

I'm not sure what other one asks for. Does it have to be 20 different shouts, or just different words? I'm thinking former...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:29 pm 
Seven wrote:
Two achievements left! Oblivion Walker which I can't do on my first char (I let one alive so cant grab the weapon) so will use rest of my characters on that, and another being Shout Master.

I'm not sure what other one asks for. Does it have to be 20 different shouts, or just different words? I'm thinking former...

It has to be 20 unique shouts.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:37 pm 
Zellery wrote:
Seven wrote:

Right, cheers :) Guess I'll rush through storyline (as I've finished that on my mage) as my first character to pick up more shouts or something.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:39 pm 
Seven wrote:
Zellery wrote:
Seven wrote:

Right, cheers :) Guess I'll rush through storyline (as I've finished that on my mage) as my first character to pick up more shouts or something.

You can bug the Werewolf quest if you haven't already done it, so you can obtain 2 daedric artifacts. That way you could still get the Oblivion Walker achievement in your first play through.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:43 pm 
I've already done that sadly, it was one of earliest quests I've finished.

The one I didn't get was that bit where you have to kill guy if you want to keep that thing that kept giving some town's people nightmares , I didn't want to kill him though

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:46 pm 
Aaah fair enough. Next play through it'll have to be then! :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm 
I have three characters on go, other two barely touched any of Oblivion Walker-related achievements so no worries there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:06 pm 
I'm gonna go back to this after I finish MGS2. It has been too long.

So, continue on with Gully, my level 30 battle mage or make a Stealth build with bow arrow skills and daggers :?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:41 pm 
That 20 shouts achievement get! Wasn't too bad, I just booted up my mage who've already completed main quest and just went off and find other shouts I haven't gotten.

Only one achievement left, it'll take while until I've got all artifacts...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:34 pm 
Dr Cottle wrote:

So, continue on with Gully, my level 30 battle mage or make a Stealth build with bow arrow skills and daggers :?

Worth making the stealth build at some point just to see how OP it is.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:12 pm 
Saint of Killers wrote:
Dr Cottle wrote:

See, I can imagine this, sneaking around, bow and arrow out, critical hits all over the place. It would be awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:22 am 
Dr Cottle wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Dr Cottle wrote:

See, I can imagine this, sneaking around, bow and arrow out, critical hits all over the place. It would be awesome.

Thats how I play. Sneak and all that up at 100 now, so i take down giants in one bow hit (if its critical). FAiling that i sneak up behind people and slit their throats with my 130 damage daedric fire sword 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:35 am 
For a stealth build, i think if you go for the silent casting perk you may be able to use the invisible spell without alerting people to your presence.

Also i think i somehow managed to upgrade the blade of woe twice. I'll check when i get home.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:39 am 

AKA: Somebody Else's Problem
Dr Cottle wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Dr Cottle wrote:

Pfft, sneaking is for wimps. Running into battle, a flurry of steel and anger. That's the way to go.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:58 pm 
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Dr Cottle wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Dr Cottle wrote:

Pfft, sneaking is for wimps. Running into battle, a flurry of steel and anger. That's the way to go.

I was expecting warrior style play to be a lot harder. It isn't. It is fun though: lopped off a Forsworn's head and accompanied it as it rolled down a series of steps (the ones wot lead to Sundered Towers) :twisted: :lol: killing other Forsworn as I did so. Another plus for warrior builds, for me anyway, is that I clear dungeons a lot quicker than when I was stealth (even taking into account all the deaths >_>).

mcjihge2 wrote:
For a stealth build, i think if you go for the silent casting perk you may be able to use the invisible spell without alerting people to your presence.

I have that perk. Dunno about invis, but Destruction spells are cast silently (well, you can still hear 'em but enemies can't).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:48 pm 
1000'ed :mrgreen: Oblivion Walker doesn't seem like long to get actually, probably because I had so much fun with these quests. Even if one of them makes me change into cannabi :(

USB arrived today, so I converted my 360 saves to PC, and after few tweaks, it runs smoothly and looks even better than 360 version :wub: I've been meaning to post my characters, which I am able to - so here they are:

My first character (archery), Shichi
My fire/ice mage (although he also uses shock spells at times), Kamex
Dagger/Sword DualWielding Redguard, Naomi

I also made new character, Orc named Maxo. He's going to be gentleman Speech-heavy person :wub: (That, and wields 2h maces / Sword&Shield :3)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:57 pm 
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:

For the truly unsubtle approach my mage tests every room and corridor with a nice and friendly fireball and then storms in followed by my 2 Dremora Lords with a precision ice storms. It's getting a little silly now though as I'm at a point where the last Dragon Priest I fought (Otar the Mad) lasted only a few seconds and barely made it out of his coffin due to being stabbed by the Lords and smacked in the head by Lydia with a mace while I cast Soul Trap.
It's quite a sad sight seeing some guy triumphantly rise from the dead only to get his arse handed to him before he realises where he is.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:11 am 
Howard: Skyrim DLC will feel like expansion packs

Quote:
DLC for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be more expansive than the five add-ons released for Bethesda's last title, Fallout 3, but you'll have to wait a little longer to get your hands on it, the developer has revealed.

Speaking in an interview with Kotaku, studio chief Todd Howard confirmed that work is underway on DLC but gamers shouldn't expect the rapid-fire add-on releases offered following Fallout 3's launch back in 2008.

"For Fallout 3 we did five DLCs. That was a very aggressive path for us," he explained.

"Our plan now is to take more time, to have more meat on them [for Skyrim]. They'll feel closer to an expansion pack.

"With Fallout 3, it was, 'Ten dollars is the sweet spot for us and we know we want to put out five of them. And we had overlapping teams. We were coming off Fallout 3 and right back in."

That turned out to be "a real hardcore loop," Howard added. "We just think we can do better content if we approach it a different way."

Though it seems you'll have to wait longer for the expansions, the studio is planning on smaller updates to keep you busy in the meantime.

"Because that gap is going to be bigger, we want to put little things out for free in between. We've already done that for PC with the high-res pack. We're trying to figure out what those things are."

Elsewhere in the interview, Howard explained that some of the additions shown off during a video montage at the DICE summit in Las Vegas last week could make it into these DLC packs.

"There are definitely things in there that we are planning on exploring," he confirmed.

"It looks like a ton of stuff that could ship right now, but it's in a sizzle video. It's, you know, it's not bug-tested, polished, balanced.

"That wasn't all of it. It's probably 60 per cent of it. The other 40 per cent doesn't show as well in a video or we didn't have good footage."

Howard didn't put a date on when we might see the first batch of new content for the game, saying only that development was in the "very early" stages.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... -fallout-3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:57 pm 
Sounds good! I'd rather they take their time over it than churn out average quality DLC.

Currently strutting about Skyrim with the Jagged Crown upon my bonce, visiting the Jarls, hoping they'd mention my fancy new (new for me) headgear seeing as it's been missing for yonks. Not a bloody word. Not been over to Windhelm though...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9035 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 368, 369, 370, 371, 372, 373, 374 ... 452  Next