PlayStation Vita: 20V1T4

Our best bits.
User avatar
Dante
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: DanteCWA

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: Launching February 22nd 2012
by Dante » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Due to some recent issues between me and Amazon I ended up going to ShopTo for the Vita - got a confirmation it should be dispatched tomorrow; only thing is theres out no one is going to be in the house tues or weds and i'm only in for the morning parts.

grrr :x
Come join the GRcade World of Warcraft guild on the EU "The Maelstrom" server
Tanks wanted!
GRcadians!
User avatar
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: Launching February 22nd 2012
by HSH28 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:10 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:There is talk on amazon about them posting the 1st class and super saver orders tomorrow and the next day delivery orders on Tuesday and this has caused quite a stir. I'm hopeful if my 1st class order is posted tomorrow I will have it Tuesday :mrgreen: .


Thats what they always do, they can't knowingly send something out to beat the street date, but they need to ensure that the cheaper delivery options get there on time.

Not sure why its causing a stir when its what happens everywhere.
User avatar
mitch
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: Launching February 22nd 2012
by mitch » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:12 pm

It's winding them up as paying for first class/courier stated get it for release day, while Super Saver had a later arrival date. Just hope Amazon have got better after the 3DS mess. Only ordered there as I had a ton of credit.
User avatar
Delusibeta
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Canyon

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: Launching February 22nd 2012
by Delusibeta » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:14 pm

mitch wrote:You may want to cancel that and go to Zavvi - they are doing the game for £19.95. Though you may not get it for a few years.

Just had a look at the Amazon Forum regarding Vita, bit mental.

Mate, the last time I pre-ordered something from Zavvi a few days from release (Fallout New Vegas for a similarly bonkers price), it didn't turn up for a month. I'd happily pay £6 for it to be sure it'll arrive before the end of the week. Besides, it's £250-ish total: I think I can ignore the fact that I'm paying £6 than the minimum.
Image
User avatar
mitch
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: Launching February 22nd 2012
by mitch » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:17 pm

I've done the same with Uncharted and Katamari, it's a shame as they are often very cheap, but bloody useless at sending the goods.

Hope ChoicesUK can get my orders out, got ICO/Shadow of Colossus a whole week early from them.
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: Launching February 22nd 2012
by KjGarly » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:24 pm

HSH28 wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:There is talk on amazon about them posting the 1st class and super saver orders tomorrow and the next day delivery orders on Tuesday and this has caused quite a stir. I'm hopeful if my 1st class order is posted tomorrow I will have it Tuesday :mrgreen: .


Thats what they always do, they can't knowingly send something out to beat the street date, but they need to ensure that the cheaper delivery options get there on time.

Not sure why its causing a stir when its what happens everywhere.


Wrong, they sent out the 3DS First Class delivery the night before it's release. Super Savers got theirs sent 2 days before release. I remember panicking that it wasn't going to get sent and around 8:30pm the night before it's release I got the dispatch email with the tracking info.
Image ImageImage
User avatar
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: Launching February 22nd 2012
by HSH28 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:58 pm

KjGarly wrote:
HSH28 wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:There is talk on amazon about them posting the 1st class and super saver orders tomorrow and the next day delivery orders on Tuesday and this has caused quite a stir. I'm hopeful if my 1st class order is posted tomorrow I will have it Tuesday :mrgreen: .


Thats what they always do, they can't knowingly send something out to beat the street date, but they need to ensure that the cheaper delivery options get there on time.

Not sure why its causing a stir when its what happens everywhere.


Wrong, they sent out the 3DS First Class delivery the night before it's release. Super Savers got theirs sent 2 days before release. I remember panicking that it wasn't going to get sent and around 8:30pm the night before it's release I got the dispatch email with the tracking info.


So like I said, they send the cheap delivery options out earlier to get there on time for launch, but have to send out the paid for delivery options later on.

It always happens like that.
Zaichik
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: Launching February 22nd 2012
by Zaichik » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:41 pm

So what's the benefit in paying for expedited delivery if it's going to be sent out later (and possibly arrive later) than the first class and free postage orders? I think that's what got people up in arms. That, and the fact that, with the 3DS launch, the Super Saver people got theirs on or before the release date, whereas a lot of the First Class and expedited didn't get theirs until the day after release - some, like mine, weren't even sent until the day of release.
User avatar
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: Launching February 22nd 2012
by HSH28 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:48 pm

Zaichik wrote:So what's the benefit in paying for expedited delivery if it's going to be sent out later (and possibly arrive later) than the first class and free postage orders? I think that's what got people up in arms. That, and the fact that, with the 3DS launch, the Super Saver people got theirs on or before the release date, whereas a lot of the First Class and expedited didn't get theirs until the day after release - some, like mine, weren't even sent until the day of release.


My point is that its nothing new, it always happens this way.

I suppose the point is that its more of a guarantee you'll get it on launch day, with the other options, yes you might get it early, but its also possible it'll turn up late.
User avatar
degoose
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: Launching February 22nd 2012
by degoose » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:22 am

not long now till the release, i'm getting a bit excited :)
Image
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega"
Steam:degoose, Origin:deg00se, PSN:degoose, WiiU:mdegrussa, 3DS/2DS:1220-7961-0527
User avatar
OwenDarko
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Norwich (very shortly)

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: Launching February 22nd 2012
by OwenDarko » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:34 am

Amazon always get the consoles to me on release day when paying first class.

It's the other game or accessories preorders they seem to have trouble with! They should just dispatch everything today..but no..

They are however dispatching my cheap Rayman preorder..so I'm thrilled I got a bargain for once!
Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: Launching February 22nd 2012
by Rex Kramer » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:40 am

OwenDarko wrote:Amazon always get the consoles to me on release day when paying first class.

It's the other game or accessories preorders they seem to have trouble with! They should just dispatch everything today..but no..

They are however dispatching my cheap Rayman preorder..so I'm thrilled I got a bargain for once!

The £5.96 Rayman? They are definitely honouring those orders?
PSN: Harmon_Smith
User avatar
suzzopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: Launching February 22nd 2012
by suzzopher » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:40 am

Still no movement on any of my pre-orders :x
Image
User avatar
OwenDarko
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Norwich (very shortly)

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: Launching February 22nd 2012
by OwenDarko » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:16 am

Rex Kramer wrote:
OwenDarko wrote:Amazon always get the consoles to me on release day when paying first class.

It's the other game or accessories preorders they seem to have trouble with! They should just dispatch everything today..but no..

They are however dispatching my cheap Rayman preorder..so I'm thrilled I got a bargain for once!

The £5.96 Rayman? They are definitely honouring those orders?


It states 'dispatching soon' on it..so yeah. I'll be very annoyed if they cancel it now..seeing as though it's changed status. I must add i did add 'first-class' post to this preorder.

Thats the only Vita game i've preordered moving though..everything else shows no movement.
Image
User avatar
suzzopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: Launching February 22nd 2012
by suzzopher » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:23 am

My cheap Rayman and Lumines are still there, under not yet dispatched.

I'm tempted to cancel my Amazon orders for the rest and switch them to Shopto.
Image
User avatar
Dante
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: DanteCWA

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: Launching February 22nd 2012
by Dante » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:25 am

suzzopher wrote:My cheap Rayman and Lumines are still there, under not yet dispatched.

I'm tempted to cancel my Amazon orders for the rest and switch them to Shopto.


My shopto order is in processing; payment all done last night, very likely to be dispatched this afternoon
Come join the GRcade World of Warcraft guild on the EU "The Maelstrom" server
Tanks wanted!
GRcadians!
User avatar
suzzopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: Is it Wednesday yet?
by suzzopher » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:33 am

Shopto have just taken the money for Ninja Gaiden(forgot I pre-ordered it).
Image
User avatar
Dante
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: DanteCWA

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: Is it Wednesday yet?
by Dante » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:46 am

suzzopher wrote:Shopto have just taken the money for Ninja Gaiden(forgot I pre-ordered it).


How many copies do you have of it now?
Come join the GRcade World of Warcraft guild on the EU "The Maelstrom" server
Tanks wanted!
GRcadians!
User avatar
suzzopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: Is it Wednesday yet?
by suzzopher » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:47 am

Dante wrote:
suzzopher wrote:Shopto have just taken the money for Ninja Gaiden(forgot I pre-ordered it).


How many copies do you have of it now?


Just a copy of Black at the moment.
Image
BAKA
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation Vita: Is it Wednesday yet?
by BAKA » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:26 am

Case is dispatching :o. Vita still hasn't entered the dispatch process, despite me changing delivery to 1st Class yesterday. Still wavering on ordering a game, but better not, so much heading my way this week (Vita, The Last Story: Special Edition, We Need to Talk About Kevin and Dellamorte Dellamore).

I wonder when we'll hear what's going up on PSN this week? They're supposed to be updating tomorrow right? I wonder if they'll add any more PSP games to their current PSP sale.

Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests