All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:31 pm 

AKA: dan_e1990
Boo! wrote:
How many hours?

I'd say 6 is pretty spot on, on hard. Will check later

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:30 pm 
The wife just got in from a solid day's shopping and handed me the Ltd Ed as a Valentine's present! :shock: :wub: :D
Totally out of the blue. God, I love her.
Will start it tonight. Special thanks to Brer, who, having found out I'd owned the original for years and not played it, persuaded me to get stuck in. It was great, and I'm super-excited about playing the sequel later.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:48 pm 
:D Saw it in Tesco.

Wife didn't buy it though :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:26 pm 
Something Fishy wrote:

Need to give her more lovin', Fishy... ;)

That, or clothes... :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:31 pm 
:lol: yeah probably not as much lovin as was once the case but that's a mutual 40 something thing :lol:

Clothes though.. that will be happening on Wednesday so a visit to the game shop may be in order!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:15 pm 
So far, this is a riot! :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:37 am 
Diceman wrote:
So far, this is a riot! :D

Glad to see you're enjoying it man :D
I just finished it tonight, great ending, really good story, and by the end I was so tooled up and powerful every second was like the final scene in the original game where you watch the game doing all this amazing darkness stuff you couldn't do in the game!

Overall pros and Cons

Pros:
Story is Great
Action is so much better than the original
Looks gorgeous
Great acting and dialogue

Cons
Not long enough
Story still can't top the original

Solid 8/10, my obsessive love for the characters and story probably bumps it up to a 9 tho.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:40 am 
Nice. I loved the first and the books so look forward to it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:44 am 

AKA: Anung
Sealed the deal as a purchase then! I'm trying to play through the original again and while I love the gooseberry fool out of the characters and that I can't really be arsed with the gameplay side of it.

Jackie's VA and hair annoy me for some reason. I like the idea of this being short and sweet rather than drawn out and padded out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:13 am 
Brerlappins little hat wrote:
Fade wrote:
Did you even play the first game?

She isn't really a love interest anyways. She's Isaac's conscience and a visual representation of the marker.

Yes i did. Shes a crap shock tactic that crops up once an hour every hour and goes OOOOOH YOU KILLED MEEEE and strawberry floats off.

Where as Jenny pops up every hour and goes OOH YOU LOVED ME and strawberry floats off.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:56 am 
Fade wrote:
Fade wrote:

She isn't really a love interest anyways. She's Isaac's conscience and a visual representation of the marker.

Yes i did. Shes a crap shock tactic that crops up once an hour every hour and goes OOOOOH YOU KILLED MEEEE and strawberry floats off.

Where as Jenny pops up every hour and goes OOH YOU LOVED ME and strawberry floats off.

Yeah thats true, aside from the fact that she doesnt, and youre wrong. But yeah aside from all that, wise words there, Fade.

Quote:
Jackie's VA and hair annoy me for some reason. I like the idea of this being short and sweet rather than drawn out and padded out.

Taking in everything, talking to all NPCs and exploring everywhere i could id say it took 6 hours. So it definitely doesnt outstay its welcome and not a bit of padding in sight. Theres also the vendettas campaign which seems cool, and a NG+ option.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:40 am 

AKA: Discovery
Gave few hints to the missus but with my luck she will most likely buy me call of duty 2 :(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:23 pm 
Played an hour or so of this just now and it's class.

That is all.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:49 pm 
Something Fishy wrote:

Was she all out of cash after buying your manhood?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:13 pm 

Taking in everything, talking to all NPCs and exploring everywhere i could id say it took 6 hours. So it definitely doesnt outstay its welcome and not a bit of padding in sight. Theres also the vendettas campaign which seems cool, and a NG+ option.

Sounds good to me man. Will wait for it to drop in price a little and when I don't have ever game on earth to complete.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:32 pm 
Fade wrote:
Fade wrote:

Yeah thats true, aside from the fact that she doesnt, and youre wrong. But yeah aside from all that, wise words there, Fade.

Quote:

I was exaggerating to make a point. What you said doesn't happen either.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:35 pm 

In Dead Space 2 what brer says happens alot!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:12 pm 
Picked it up yesterday did it (on easy) in about 5-6 hours. Pretty good game

One level surprised me though. The Brothel when you walk past a certain room with Venus.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:20 pm 
Anung wrote:

Seriously. She pops up and goes WAAAAAH IM DEAD and gooseberry fool so often it has zero impact on you after about the 9000th time. Dead Space 2 has a story and character so mindnumbingly gooseberry fool they couldve been written for an episode of Glee.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:31 pm 
Anung wrote:

Seriously. She pops up and goes WAAAAAH IM DEAD and gooseberry fool so often it has zero impact on you after about the 9000th time. Dead Space 2 has a story and character so mindnumbingly gooseberry fool they couldve been written for an episode of Glee.

You may not like the story or characters. But strawberry floating god, they're average at worst. If you actually took any real interest in the story of the game you'd realise is quite deep. The marker(s) are pretty much the villain(s) of the games thus far. The hallucinations are your interaction with the marker, the game's villain. To give you constant reinforcement of what you're fighting leading up to the climax of the game where you destroy it.

ANYWAYS.

Just finished this game. DAT ENDING
The Lightness 3? X-D

Sad though :(
Kind of confused as to what exactly happened though. Someone explain it to me?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next