All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 187  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:39 pm 

AKA: Glowychebs
Ord wrote:
glowy69 wrote:
zXe wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
1cmanny1 wrote:
Not another Halo game :roll:
I think it is got to be one of the worst series of this gen.
They must be milking it dry by now.

The last installment was 2007, we've just had a couple of prequels since then. Plus it's still the best multiplayer FPS around.

what? :lol:

Its close.

And yeah cmanny. There hasnt been a "proper" halo game since Halo 3 you muppet. :fp:

Seriously? I'd consider Halo: Reach to be the best Halo game since the first one. If Reach isn't a "proper" Halo game then I don't know what is. I found Halo 2 and 3 to be very sub par compared to Reach.
Regardless, 1cmanny1 has a point. The franchise has been milked to strawberry float. Six Halo games (including Halo 4) this gen is a joke.

You read the books? Its not milking a franchise, theres a whole world waiting to be made into a game, what I meant was the ones with master chief in, and going on "proper" halo games this gen, as in the spartans, weve had 2 :| in 7 years or 4 if you include ODST & the remake

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:43 pm 

AKA: ord1000
I'm not moaning about Halo 4. However the fact that Reach isn't considered a "proper" Halo game is laughable to me.
I do wish they would leave Halo 4 until the next gen came out though. Halo used to be something a bit special. Now it's just become a bit mundane. like the Call of Duty series.
From te single player perspective I've personally Halo: Combat Evolved and Reach have been the stand out titles in the series. The rest has been a bit "meh!"

Last edited by Ord on Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:46 pm 

Ord wrote:
I'm not moaning about Halo 4. However the fact that Reach isn't considered a "proper" Halo game is laughable to me.
I do wish they would leave Halo 4 until the next gen came out though. Halo used to be something a bit special. Now it's just become a bit mundane. like the Call of Duty series.

There hasnt been a new halo game since reach has there? 2 years ago? and before that? 2007. Im not sure whats wrong with 3 new halo games in 7 years, its not even one every other year is it.

Anyway I cant wait for halo 4 :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:50 pm 

O.D.S.T was in 2009. That's a Halo game. The game uses the Halo brand and is set in the Halo universe. It's a Halo game. Just because Spartans aren't in it doesn't means it isn't a Halo game. Get a grip!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:51 pm 

AKA: Anung
ODST is one of the best Halo games as well. It was a better Halo game than 2 and 3 were.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:51 pm 

Ord wrote:
O.D.S.T was in 2009. That's a new Halo game. The game uses the Halo brand and is set in the Halo universe. It's a Halo game. Just because Spartans aren't in it doesn't means it isn't a Halo game. Get a grip!

Thats still 4, in a 7 year spell. Get a grip :lol: Im just saying, I didnt enjoy ODST at all, would have preferred them to have stayed in the books thats all.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:53 pm 
Reach may well be a "proper" Halo game, but (in my opinion :shifty: ) it's probably the worst. A cast of clichés it's almost impossible to really feel anything for topped off with that motion blur (it's also important to note the distinct lack of motion blur in Halo: Anniversary. 343 clearly realised it made Reach look terrible). I mean, yes, the firefight mode was the best it's ever been, but who buys a Halo game for the Horde-rip-off-minigame?

At least ODST tried something a little different.

The only annoying thing I've noticed in Halo: Anniversary is that when you save a checkpoint mid-level in (offline) co-op, leave the game and load it up again you've got to start the level from scratch. Not sure if that's how it works in single-player, but it's quite annoying. Everything else in it (no motion-blur, full-screen split-screen, and the removal of the local co-op countdown (seriously, who the Christ thought that was necessary?)) leaves me fairly confident that 343 will make Halo fantastic again. The games with the Chief are always the best, anyway :wub:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:00 pm 

glowy69 wrote:
Ord wrote:
O.D.S.T was in 2009. That's a new Halo game. The game uses the Halo brand and is set in the Halo universe. It's a Halo game. Just because Spartans aren't in it doesn't means it isn't a Halo game. Get a grip!

Thats still 4, in a 7 year spell. Get a grip :lol: Im just saying, I didnt enjoy ODST at all, would have preferred them to have stayed in the books thats all.

:fp:

Halo 3 (2007)
Halo Wars (2009)
Halo 3: ODST (2009)
Halo: Reach (2010)
Halo: Anniversary (2011)
Halo 4 (2012)

That will be six games in a 5 year spell. They are all Halo games set in the same Halo universe. Even Halo Wars the RTS which features Spartans is a bloody Halo game. Halo Anniversary the remake featuring Master Chief the Spartan. Is a Halo game. In total that will be six Halo games in the end of a 5 year period.
Milking.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:06 pm 
Hopefully they'll stop doing a game a year once 4 is out. The arrival of a new Halo game needs to go back to being an event again (especially if they're going to keep it as the flagship franchise). Like the lead up to Halo 3 :wub:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:08 pm 

A remake?
A RTS?

Why are you counting those? Do you have an issue with MGS being re released? Is that milking? Or all remakes especially if they happen in the same "gen" as games that have the same title?

The games that matter that have been release "new" halo games

Reach
Halo 3
ODST

And halo 4 when it appears. I dont think this discussion is going to go very far. Thats what I think and thats what you think. I dont even bring halo wars into any discussion ever to do with halo ever.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:09 pm 
glowy69 wrote:
I dont even bring halo wars into any discussion ever to do with halo ever.

A smart move. It should be stricken from the record.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:45 pm 
Ord wrote:
glowy69 wrote:
Ord wrote:

:fp:

Halo 3 (2007)
Halo Wars (2009)
Halo 3: ODST (2009)
Halo: Reach (2010)
Halo: Anniversary (2011)
Halo 4 (2012)

That will be six games in a 5 year spell. They are all Halo games set in the same Halo universe. Even Halo Wars the RTS which features Spartans is a bloody Halo game. Halo Anniversary the remake featuring Master Chief the Spartan. Is a Halo game. In total that will be six Halo games in the end of a 5 year period.
Milking.

There was Halo 2 as well this gen :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:51 pm 
BID0 wrote:
Halo 2 this gen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:53 pm 
Emeritus
I don't understand what's been so bad about returning to the Halo universe when the games have continued to be of good quality, the multiplayer community hasn't been forced to migrate with every release, the games aren't all in the same genre, and they don't all focus on the same characters.

I've been waiting for the next chapter in Master Chief's story for nearly half a decade, the Halo universe has expanded in interesting ways lately in the novels, and there's what looks like a great new team of people working on the game - lots to be excited about IMO!

What we really need less of right now is all these dull modern combat style FPS games with god-awful AI...

Frank wrote:
BID0 wrote:
Halo 2 this gen

:lol:

Erm yeah. What? Halo 2. Re mastered? :?

Frank wrote:
BID0 wrote:
Halo 2 this gen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_2#Windows_version ;)

I'm surprised we haven't seen anything on Windows Phone actually. I guess they can't get something like that to work.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:55 pm 
BID0 wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_2#Windows_version ;)

People don't play games on the PC.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:35 pm 
This entire generation has milked franchises you cant just point a finger at MS and Halo. Sony have been as bad PS3 has had 4 x Ratchets, 3 x Uncharted, 3 x Resistance, 3 x Motorstorms, 2 X Killzones there are others as well. Plus these titles also seem to have had portable iterations as well during the same period. They don't seem to come under flak for what is known as flogging a dead horse.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:37 pm 
Surely if we are now counting spin-offs (Halo Wars is an RTS) then Mario has been milked to death as well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:26 am 

I absolutely agree with the other franchises being milked to death this gen. It's sad. Including hand helds there's been at least 30+ iterations of various Mario games, 13 of Guitar Hero, 10 of Assassins Creed, 7 of Call of Duty, 6 of Halo, 5 of Zelda etc etc.
They just aren't special any more. I remember the huge fuss made over Halo 3. It was an event. I've personally found that the series has been greatly tarnished by the Microsoft annual releases of Halo based games.
Like I said. It's a sad state of affairs.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3738 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 187  Next