All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:56 pm 
mic wrote:
You convinced me to give pcsx2 and it's great! Much more stable than Dolphin, with all the games I've tried working great, as opposed to Dolphin running 3/5 games either looking terrible or with extreme slowdown.

I just tried out REOutbreak and it runs flawlessly with vastly improved resolution and AA - take that not-backwards-compatible PS3!

Which reminds me - at the risk of derailing the topic - emulation begs a new question... if I own the game but NOT the console, am I still a pirate/ infringing copyright?

Guys for the more powerful emulators what sort of PC's/Graphic cards do you have?

I think my PC is underpowered for these. I own loads of games and I am hoping to run nearly all through my PC, bar the gun games, using original pads, so I can box a lot of stuff away.

Last edited by qupe on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:58 pm 
qupe wrote:
mic wrote:
You convinced me to give pcsx2 and it's great! Much more stable than Dolphin, with all the games I've tried working great, as opposed to Dolphin running 3/5 games either looking terrible or with extreme slowdown.

I just tried out REOutbreak and it runs flawlessly with vastly improved resolution and AA - take that not-backwards-compatible PS3!

Which reminds me - at the risk of derailing the topic - emulation begs a new question... if I own the game but NOT the console, am I still a pirate/ infringing copyright?

Guys for the more powerful emulators what sort of PC's/Graphic cards do you have?

I think my PC is underpowered for these. I own loads of games and I am hoping to run nearly through my PC, bar the gun games, using original pads, so I can box a lot of stuff away.

Anyone got any reliable links to the PS2 BIOS? All the ones I've tried seem to be potential virus-riddled .exe files :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:05 pm 
Andrew Mills - Sadly, linking to BIOs are against rules here - I don't mean to sound like mod, but it's better if nobody is linking to any as we want to remain this thread unlocked.

If you do have Silva on Steam though, ask him :shifty:

mic - Most people say if you have original copy and are playing them on emulation (rather than BIOs) it's legal. Myself however, I have no problems playing them IF I own the game legally in some form - which is why I got Mother 1+2 and Mother 3 on GBA before I play and completed Earthbound on Wii homebrew, and I will plan to play Mother 3 sometime this year without problems.

I like be able to pop in my PS2 discs and play the games, however :wub: Shame I can't do that with my Gamecube games w/ Dolphion however :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:39 pm 
Andrew, what's your email address?

Seven wrote:
...Most people say if you have original copy and are playing them on emulation (rather than BIOs) it's legal...

Presumably you mean "(rather than ISO's)"? You know it stills infringes copyright, right? I was more interested in your moral perspective...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:42 pm 
Yes I mean ISOs :shifty:

And I know, it's what people believe. Not me, it's still "naughty" as far as I know but as long as my morals are fine with it I don't mind really. The only thing I don't like to do is play game when I don't own it in any form.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:40 am 
JPG and Bmp are damn near indistinguishable, FYI. In most cases it would take a keen eye, or a magniying tool to discriminate.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:44 am 
Its fine in the US, where fair use applies: it's fine to make a backup copy, so long as it IS a backup and you retain the original.

IIRC, we were due to get some kind of "catchup" law like that relatively.recently but I'm not sure what the.status of that is.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:52 pm 
Anyone here use a 360 pad to play Wii games like Mario Galaxy and so on? How does it work out, are there any that should be totally swerved if controlling like that?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:17 pm 

AKA: Bigbruva
Just bought myself a Wiimote (with a Motion Plus and a Nunchuck) and Wireless Sensor Bar. Going to play play some of the games that I've missed 8-)

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:25 am 
qupe wrote:
Guys for the more powerful emulators what sort of PC's/Graphic cards do you have?...

AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.00GHz
ATI Radeon HD 5670
8GB RAM

Nothing special at all, yet I can max out all my modern games (RE5, DE:HR, Crysis, RAGE, etc) @ 1440x900 (the max resolution of my monitor), if not quite maxed out on my TV @ 1920x1080.

As I said before, PCSX2 runs like a dream, while Dolphin only seems to like running some games (thank god, including RE0 and REMake!). SMSunshine is awful, FZero GX is unplayable, really hit and miss.

Anyone suggest any fixes?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:50 pm 
Double post, I know, but can someone using the wiimote on their pc show me which bluetooth dongle you're using - I refuse to risk buying the wrong one and that wiki guide is a bit complex...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:47 pm 
mic wrote:
Double post, I know, but can someone using the wiimote on their pc show me which bluetooth dongle you're using - I refuse to risk buying the wrong one and that wiki guide is a bit complex...

Got this one for £1.33 delivered myself (in stock now) and it's working perfectly with the Wii Mote and Dolphin:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004Q6BAPI

:D

I also bought a wireless infrared sensor bar as well for a couple of quid off eBay to sit ontop of my monitor. Very handy :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:25 am 
Bought :D Won't be needing a sensor bar, though, since my wii is pretty central and the cable on the sensor bar could probably stretch all the way around the room (and it's a BIG room)!

PM me if you want me to email you that ps2 bios? Can't remember where I got it...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:23 am 

Sensor Bar and WiiMote have turned up. Going to try and get this running tonight. :wub:

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:01 pm 

Didn't even need to install drivers. Just connected it up to Windows 7 and it works! :shock: Downloading a game now to test the emulator.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:56 pm 

Ok, having real problems. The game boots but tells me that "Communications with the Wii Remote have been interrupted" and It doesn't recognise that the Wiimote is connected :fp: No idea what I'm doing wrong. *Edit* Turns out Dolphin doesn't support Wii Remotes with Motion Plus built in :x

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:12 pm 

AKA: Somebody Else's Problem
Fatal Exception wrote:
Ok, having real problems. The game boots but tells me that "Communications with the Wii Remote have been interrupted" and It doesn't recognise that the Wiimote is connected :fp: No idea what I'm doing wrong. *Edit* Turns out Dolphin doesn't support Wii Remotes with Motion Plus built in :x

I'll trade you a Wii remote with Motion Plus adapter for your Wii Remote Plus, if you want.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:33 am 
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but if I am looking at using my PSP for emulation and *cough* other murky things, what size memory card is the best to get?

Someone posted a link to an 8GB card that cost a fiver on Amazon. Is that okay?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:47 am 
:shock: That's terrible, FE! I was so excited for you (in a jealous 'I really hate you, you bastard' kind of way) and, more importantly, I'm in the same process myself and need as much help as I can get!

I was considering the motion+ controller and I'm glad I didn't go for it, opting to stick with my cheapo wiimote... so any more disasters, let us know. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:37 am 
Right, I can't find the PSP Thread (if anyone can, throw me a link to it please), but I have just bought a Dual Micro-SD Card Adaptor and 2 16Gb Micro Cards, so I am ready to delve into the dark, evil realm of PSP piracy. The cards may not be here for about 5 days and I will no doubt have loads of trouble formatting them both so they are actually read to use on my PSP, but can anyone help me out with what I would need to be able to open up my PSP to a whole world of legally-dubious shenanigans?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next