Joined in 2008

PostRe: Battlefield 4 | Naval Strike | Out Now for Premium
by Adam Ash » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:06 pm

:(

Xeno
Joined in 2008

by Xeno » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:56 pm

I see they have found the password for the Phantom Trainee assignment.

All that hassle for a camo / paint.

Of course I have unlocked it. :lol:

Falsey wrote:
Xeno wrote:Chewing takes effort. What he needs is Emma Watson to chew his food then transfer it to him for him to swallow.

I dont know why, but that sounds strawberry floating incredible.

Wuijibobo wrote:You're a funny man Xeno. I like you... That's why I'm going to kill you last.
Zartan
Joined in 2008

by Zartan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:19 am

I have been trying to do a few of the level 100 assignments. There are a lot of pistol kills to get so that crosses over nicely with the Phantom Trainee one.

Does change the way I play, I wont be getting a knife kill for a while, sneak up behind some one .44 Magnum to the head

Xeno
Joined in 2008

by Xeno » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:22 pm

Loadout presets in tomorrows update.

Going into battle prepared is key to succeeding in Battlefield 4. With the new Loadout Presets, we’ve made it easier for you to quickly hit the Battlefield with the exact kit and vehicle Loadout of your choice.

Prepared 4 Battle – Every Time
Loadout Presets are a way to save kit or vehicle setups so that you can easily switch between them when going into a Battlefield 4 multiplayer match. With this time-saving feature, you no longer have to edit each slot individually in the Customize screen when you want to change your Loadout. Note that Loadout Presets will only be available on Battlelog in Battlefield 4, and not be reflected in-game. You apply Presets to your Loadout, which then follows you in-game when you save it.

For example, those who want quick access to a “field engineer” Preset can create one of these with the MX4, SRAW, Repair Tool, and Mechanic specialization – or any other combination of the player’s choice. If you are more of a combat engineer, you might want to create a Preset with the M1014 shotgun, RPG, M2 SLAM, and Offensive specialization – it’s all up to you.

Click the link for the images and the rest of the post.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ne ... t-presets/

Falsey wrote:
Xeno wrote:Chewing takes effort. What he needs is Emma Watson to chew his food then transfer it to him for him to swallow.

Wuijibobo wrote:You're a funny man Xeno. I like you... That's why I'm going to kill you last.
Xeno
Joined in 2008

by Xeno » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:47 am

Battlelog changelog
Added support for loadout presets. More details here: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ne ... t-presets/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

Platoons improvements
- You can see which servers your platoons members are playing on

Bug fixes
- Fixed issues with finding friends in the com center
- Fixed progression for items unlocked by kit shortcuts
- Tracking the phantom program no longer disables all of your suggestions
- Service-stars are now shown for kit shortcut unlocked items
- M224 Mortar is now shown in support unlocks list
- Battle reports are now properly aligned in Spanish
- And many more tweaks and fixes

Falsey wrote:

cooldawn
Joined in 2008

by cooldawn » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:48 pm

I've come back to have a blast on this after playing Killzone online and...it's still shocking. I can't believe the lag/rubber banding is still this bad.

They absolutely stated a desire to fix the game before selling DLC...and it's still an utter mess. Maybe instead of 64 player maps they should have started with better 32 player maps (up from 24) and leave the big stuff to the PC crowd to deal with. MAG 64 player objective maps makes this look like last generation.

The worst is that I don't even think DICE are even remotely embarrassed about it's performance online. For shame.

"Race drivers don't really care how fast they're going..we keep going faster and faster until we approach that limit of control and that's when we balance ourselves..that's how we make good time."
JOHN FITCH
1950's Le Mans driver
Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:19 pm

:lol:

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
Adam Ash
Joined in 2008

by Adam Ash » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:52 pm

So... Naval strike still a mess then?

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:01 pm

:lol:

That's strawberry floating brilliant.

How! I can't even fly a plane :fp:

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Xeno
Joined in 2008

by Xeno » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:36 pm

Apparently there will be an update today on all platforms as well as server. So far just the server has been updated.

R32 Server Update Notes
-Fix for an issue where the player could get stuck in a loading screen on a server that had an uneven number of slots
-Fix for the Live Scoreboard that would be active without a game on a server

Falsey wrote:

Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

by Peter Crisp » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:41 pm

I just want a fix for the rubber banding.

Vermilion wrote:I'd rather live in Luton.
Xeno
Joined in 2008

by Xeno » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:44 pm

They fixed it, they accidentally limited all conquest large servers to 44 players. :lol: They are now fixing that issue and should all be back to 64 players.

Joking aside they are hoping to get something out on the hardware front very soon, I would source that but for the life of me I can't remember where I read it.

Falsey wrote:

Minto
Joined in 2009

by Minto » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:49 pm

Played some of the new maps last night for the first time in a few weeks and still horrible rubber banding. Vanilla maps were fine though.

PSN: MintKorp - NNID: Mintoisking
Xeno
Joined in 2008

by Xeno » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:23 am

Apparently the server patch was the only update coming out yesterday and no client side, however you may want to try the servers again as they have added new hardware and the rubberbanding is mostly gone.

Falsey wrote:

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:40 am

Still playes like arse on the Naval strike DLC. So unfortunate as maps looks great fun.

Dat M4. :datass:

Xeno
Joined in 2008

by Xeno » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:23 am

Hi everyone,

As you know, we’ve been looking into resolving the “rubber banding” that some players on certain platforms have experienced with Battlefield 4 after the recent release of Naval Strike. We’ve found that the root cause of the issue was a configuration of certain hardware types dedicated to 64-player matches.

We have invested in new hardware to resolve this issue and deployed new higher-performance servers this week. In preparation, we conducted a significant amount of testing before installing the new servers to ensure they would correct the issue. We are already seeing performance improvement with 64-player matches and expect this to continue.

While the process took longer than we would’ve liked, we wanted to be 100% sure it was done right and that the long-term solution was properly in place.

Our objective is to deliver the best player experience possible. We feel this solution helps us deliver that to you. Stay tuned to our official channels for more information.

Thanks,

Karl Magnus Troedsson, DICE VP & GM

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/04/ba ... -solution/

Falsey wrote:

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:36 am

'some players' :lol:

So does this mean it is up and running?

Xeno
Joined in 2008

by Xeno » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:38 am

As far as I'm aware yes.

Falsey wrote:

Minto
Joined in 2009

by Minto » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:17 pm

They are lying. Played some naval strike today and still rubber banding!

Good maps ruined. Well done DICE

PSN: MintKorp - NNID: Mintoisking

Return to “Games”