Metal Gear Solid V | The Phantom Pain | MGO Now Available

Anything to do with games at all.
Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Metal Gear Solid V | Phantom Pain | Live Stream NOW!
by Victor Mildew » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:52 am

Amen brother.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
KjGarly
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter

by KjGarly » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:09 am

Typical CD :slol:

Just like Tomb Raider DE was no different in looks compared to the PS360 version which, personally for me, going from the PC/PS4 to the PS3 version made it look like a PS2 game. I know people said it was one of last gens best looking games but watching my stepdaughter play it on my old PS3 I was honestly shocked at how shoddy it looked and let's not mention the below 30FPS it runs at :dread:

Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:57 am

Dual » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:49 pm wrote:Is that Big Shell from MGS2?

No. It's Mother Base.

cooldawn wrote:Well I'm gutted. MGS, MGS2 and MGS4 showed fluid technical excellence at each generation but this seems forced and rigid. The FOX Engine may be pushing 1080p/60fps...but it looks like it too. Needs to be a big improvement before release.

Last generation be damned.

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008

by Poser » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:10 am

This looks majestic. Think I'm going to spend some more time with Ground Zeroes; still only done the main mission. Life and the World Cup have got in the way of games a bit recently.

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:03 am

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
zXe
Joined in 2008

by zXe » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:40 am

want now.. actually I don't because I have no ps4 yet. :cry:

CitizenErased
Joined in 2011

by CitizenErased » Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:23 am

So glad Kojima let us see that in action, it was the main game I wanted to see at E3. Looks just as good as I'd hoped minus the pop-in GZ suffered from, which I think is more down to how the engine works, be nice to see it not so obvious in the full game mind.

Would be amazing if the game was out this year, but I've been a MGS fan long enough to know it'll be out when Kojima is happy with it.

Harry Bizzle
Joined in 2008

by Harry Bizzle » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:58 am

cooldawn » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:11 pm wrote:Well I'm gutted. MGS, MGS2 and MGS4 showed fluid technical excellence at each generation but this seems forced and rigid. The FOX Engine may be pushing 1080p/60fps...but it looks like it too. Needs to be a big improvement before release.

Not sure we're looking at the same footage, here.

instagram: @habiz
NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:47 am

This looks great for cross-gen (I'm guessing the PS3/360 version is still going ahead), imagine how good MGS 6 will look!

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:14 pm

cooldawn » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:11 pm wrote:Well I'm gutted. MGS, MGS2 and MGS4 showed fluid technical excellence at each generation but this seems forced and rigid. The FOX Engine may be pushing 1080p/60fps...but it looks like it too. Needs to be a big improvement before release.

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:34 pm

:lol: :lol:

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
Adam Ash
Joined in 2008

by Adam Ash » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:47 pm

Looking incredible.

FlippinChicken
Joined in 2012

by FlippinChicken » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:46 pm

Mega hype

Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:58 pm

Saint of Killers » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:14 pm wrote:
cooldawn » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:11 pm wrote:Well I'm gutted. MGS, MGS2 and MGS4 showed fluid technical excellence at each generation but this seems forced and rigid. The FOX Engine may be pushing 1080p/60fps...but it looks like it too. Needs to be a big improvement before release.

Bloody hell. :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: I have watched that video in full, and bloody hell that box is very sturdy for a cardboard box with what Big Boss jumping up and back down several times, and jump out of the box from its front.

And it's quite cool that the player has to rescue himself in game. :lol:

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
cooldawn
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Metal Gear Solid V | Phantom Pain | E3 Gameplay P.89
by cooldawn » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:52 pm

You guys are just nuts if you think this looks anything like as good as it could/should be.

First, a couple of things from NeoGAF. The guy who posted this said...:
I swear, I get more impressed by the visuals every time I see this game. Considering these are from a YouTube video that has compression and framerate limits, it's still visually impressive.

...but look at what he is referring to.

I mean...what?! Flat textures, distant details completely gone, stupid last-generation bushes and a Codemasters' special to top it all off, a piss-filter.

Then there's these...(2013 top, 2014 bottom)

Who here can honestly say the 2014 build looks better, or even as good as the 2013 build? The lighting itself is completely different. In 2013 it looks sharper and it pops.

I was disappointed with Ground Zeroes but I thought this release would reveal some progress. It seems that isn't the case at all.

Ad7 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:39 am wrote:I'm just amazed to see a cooldawn post that doesn't reference gran turismo 6 in some way.

You know, you're right. GT6 took a visual hit, that's for sure (GT5 is still the benchmark) but even it's method for global illumination is still better than this.

strawberry floating hell...don't get me started on GT6.

*head explodes*

"Race drivers don't really care how fast they're going..we keep going faster and faster until we approach that limit of control and that's when we balance ourselves..that's how we make good time."
JOHN FITCH
1950's Le Mans driver
Minto
Joined in 2009

by Minto » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:57 pm

What about how the game actually plays? This is why I hate gaming now. Picking apart every screenshot and ones taken from youtube may I add. The game itself looks like it is amazingly fun.

Also those screens are at a different time of day from the last E3 build which is why they look different :simper:

PSN: MintKorp - NNID: Mintoisking
Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:07 pm

Everyone knows setting a game at dusk is nothing but a sly way to hide a downgrade, Minto. :roll:

One those 2014 images has a slight improved draw distance, btw :lol:

Seriously, though. I have no idea if it will end up looking better/worse than the reveal footage but I do know I had a great time PLAYING Ground Zeroes. That and the fact this follows up on/has similar mechanics to the awesomeness that was Peace Walker. So yeah, cannot strawberry floating wait to get stuck in to this POS lookin' game.

Harry Bizzle
Joined in 2008

by Harry Bizzle » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:17 pm

Just watched that gameplay demo. Looks superb.

The Fulton alone looks like it'll provide hours of laughs. And the new box abilities. :lol:

Love how you can call in support, too.

Can't wait to create an army of sheep. 8-)

instagram: @habiz
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Buffalo » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:35 am

cooldawn wrote:You guys are just nuts if you think this looks anything like as good as it could/should be.

First, a couple of things from NeoGAF. The guy who posted this said...:
I swear, I get more impressed by the visuals every time I see this game. Considering these are from a YouTube video that has compression and framerate limits, it's still visually impressive.

...but look at what he is referring to.

I mean...what?! Flat textures, distant details completely gone, stupid last-generation bushes and a Codemasters' special to top it all off, a piss-filter.

Then there's these...(2013 top, 2014 bottom)

Who here can honestly say the 2014 build looks better, or even as good as the 2013 build? The lighting itself is completely different. In 2013 it looks sharper and it pops.

I was disappointed with Ground Zeroes but I thought this release would reveal some progress. It seems that isn't the case at all.

Ad7 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:39 am wrote:I'm just amazed to see a cooldawn post that doesn't reference gran turismo 6 in some way.

You know, you're right. GT6 took a visual hit, that's for sure (GT5 is still the benchmark) but even it's method for global illumination is still better than this.

strawberry floating hell...don't get me started on GT6.

*head explodes*

NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:55 am

That's not piss filter, it's simply a different time of day.

Return to “Games”