Wolfenstein - Enemies fall into pieces very good

Anything to do with games at all.
Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Wolfenstein: The New Order
by Peter Crisp » Thu May 01, 2014 2:38 pm

This has shot into my top 3 most wanted games list :slol: .

It looks like such stupid fun :D .

Vermilion wrote:I'd rather live in Luton.
PCCD
Joined in 2008

by PCCD » Fri May 02, 2014 2:40 am

Minimum PC specs are out -

64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8
Intel Core i7 or equivalent AMD :dread:
4 GB System RAM
50 GB free HDD space :dread:
GeForce 460, ATI Radeon HD 6850
High Speed Internet Connection
Steam account and activation required

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2014/05/01/pc-m ... -new-order

360 version comes with four discs and an 8GB mandatory installation

The Holly and Delusi wrote:PENALTY: Blatant lies. Five minutes in the Sin Bin.
Tragic Magic
Joined in 2008

by Tragic Magic » Fri May 02, 2014 6:43 am

i7 is the minimum?!

Cal
Joined in 2008

by Cal » Fri May 02, 2014 7:26 am

PCCD wrote:Minimum PC specs are out -

4 GB System RAM

So, the main question for me is: PC or PS4 version? I do have an i7, but it's fairly old now (2010) and runs at just 2.80GHz. My GPU is pretty decent (GTX760 2GB) and I have 12GB Ram. Yet I'm still not sure my rig will run Wolfenstein at all comfortably. The difficulty is that the pre-order PC version with the Doom 4 Beta is just £24.99 on GameKeysNow, compared to around £40+ for the PS4 version - but at least I can be fairly certain the PS4 version will run without complaint.

Advice?

Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008

by Poser » Fri May 02, 2014 7:51 am

Don't you usually get both?!

Cal
Joined in 2008

by Cal » Fri May 02, 2014 8:02 am

Poser » Fri May 02, 2014 6:51 am wrote:Don't you usually get both?!

It's a very bad habit I'm trying to break. ;)

Drunken_Master
Joined in 2008

by Drunken_Master » Fri May 02, 2014 8:10 am

Those specs aren't the minimum specs. They're the minimum specs required to get the game running at 'next-gen' levels. Which is 1080P, 60FPS and whatever detail levels are deemed to be next gen.

Cal, get it on the PC. I've seen it on sale for less that £20 in some places. Quoting I7 as the 'minimum' processor is utterly laughable. Especially when you consider that i7s can vary from dual core up to six core. And there are i5s which will beat i7s.

If you can't run the game with all the bells and whistles I'll eat my hat.

Prime Directives : Prosecute those who steal memes from other forums. :fp:
Cal
Joined in 2008

by Cal » Fri May 02, 2014 8:19 am

Drunken_Master » Fri May 02, 2014 7:10 am wrote:Those specs aren't the minimum specs. They're the minimum specs required to get the game running at 'next-gen' levels. Which is 1080P, 60FPS and whatever detail levels are deemed to be next gen.

Cal, get it on the PC. I've seen it on sale for less that £20 in some places. Quoting I7 as the 'minimum' processor is utterly laughable. Especially when you consider that i7s can vary from dual core up to six core. And there are i5s which will beat i7s.

If you can't run the game with all the bells and whistles I'll eat my hat.

Yeah, I suspect the game will be fine, but I can't know for sure until it's out and by the time we have the first reports back from other PC gamers as to the game's actual demands it might be too late to get the version with the Doom 4 Beta (which I really would like to have). I'm holding off on pressing the button for the PC version (much to my amazement) until probably the very last moment. I dunno. I really want to stop buying dual formats (it's crazy and it's ultimately a waste of money), but I feel torn between PC and PS4 for this game - one of my most anticipated titles this year. My Fear is I'll buy the PC version and it won't perform at max settings so I'll be forced into buying the PS4 version, anyway. :| Godammit.

Super Dragon 64
Joined in 2008

by Super Dragon 64 » Fri May 02, 2014 8:37 am

Has it been confirmed that the PS4 version is akin to maxing out the PC version? I wouldn't be surprised if the PC version at maximum settings is better than the PS4 version.

Also:

Drunken_Master wrote:If you can't run the game with all the bells and whistles I'll eat my hat.

degoose
Joined in 2008

by degoose » Fri May 02, 2014 8:54 am

i have an amd athlon II quad core 3.0 , 8gb ram and a hd5850 1gb ram. Pretty sure mine will run this fine so PC for me.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega"
Steam:degoose, Xbox:degoose v2 , PSN:degoose, Switch: 0760-2133-6729
Jingle Ord The Way
Joined in 2008

by Jingle Ord The Way » Fri May 02, 2014 9:43 am

Cal » Fri May 02, 2014 6:26 am wrote:
PCCD wrote:Minimum PC specs are out -

4 GB System RAM

So, the main question for me is: PC or PS4 version? I do have an i7, but it's fairly old now (2010) and runs at just 2.80GHz. My GPU is pretty decent (GTX760 2GB) and I have 12GB Ram. Yet I'm still not sure my rig will run Wolfenstein at all comfortably. The difficulty is that the pre-order PC version with the Doom 4 Beta is just £24.99 on GameKeysNow, compared to around £40+ for the PS4 version - but at least I can be fairly certain the PS4 version will run without complaint.

Advice?

As Brer said its I'd tech 5. It'll run absolutely fine on your PC. What reslotion will you be playing at?
My last PC was similar to your specs and I could run Rage at 2560x1440 at maximum settings at a rock solid 60fps. This shouldn't really be anymore different. I picked it up for £20 on PC which is about £15 cheaper than PS4. That's a hell of a price difference.
Downloading 50gb on the other hand :dread:

ImageImage
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Lagamorph » Fri May 02, 2014 9:58 am

I suspect my laptop will struggle with this one if I wanted to max out the settings.
i7 (Can't recall the clock speed but I think it maxes out at around 2.80GHz)
8GB RAM
2x5870m 1GB graphics cards (But they are laptop versions so weaker than their desktop counterparts)

I might plum for the PS4 version for now, then when I get a new desktop possibly later this year, I'll snag the PC version when it's in a Steam sale or something.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
Cal
Joined in 2008

by Cal » Fri May 02, 2014 10:17 am

Ord » Fri May 02, 2014 8:43 am wrote:As Brer said its I'd tech 5. It'll run absolutely fine on your PC. What reslotion will you be playing at?
My last PC was similar to your specs and I could run Rage at 2560x1440 at maximum settings at a rock solid 60fps. This shouldn't really be anymore different. I picked it up for £20 on PC which is about £15 cheaper than PS4. That's a hell of a price difference.
Downloading 50gb on the other hand :dread:

I think the safest policy is to wait until the final week prior to launch to see if there are any advance reviews on YT which mention the PC demands. If the coast then looks clear I'll plum for the PC version...but I still won't know for sure. This is the worry now with a 4 year-old PC as we move into the next raft of 'next-gen' games...I had a good run, as did many other PC owners, when PC games were well ahead of the last gen-gen consoles, but now things start to get far more unpredictable. :(

Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

by Peter Crisp » Fri May 02, 2014 11:34 am

It would be madness to make a game that requires an i7 as while many gamers will have them I fairly sure they are still in the minority. It would be a severe sales limitation.

Vermilion wrote:I'd rather live in Luton.
Cal
Joined in 2008

by Cal » Fri May 02, 2014 11:49 am

Brerlappin wrote:[quote="[url=http://grcade.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=3433237#p3433237]dude are you even listening to what people are saying here? AN I7 AND A 760 WILL RUN THIS FINE. An i7 and a 760 will easily perform as well as a PS4. Id tech 5 is such a shitty engine that i managed to get Rage running 60fps on a core 2 duo and a 9600GT

I am listening, Brer. I understand and appreciate the advice. I'll probably go for the PC version and just hope you guys are right.

Mogster
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Mogster » Sat May 03, 2014 9:20 am

Yeah, there was a time when a game's recommended specs were effectively the real minimum spec. These days they always seem to be massively exaggerated for no apparent reason. I played a bit of the PC version at Eurogamer last year, which ran great and certainly didn't look like it would need that sort of hardware.

I'm Let's Playing my way through the Tomb Raider series: https://www.youtube.com/c/JevanMoss
Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Rog » Sat May 03, 2014 10:29 am

Mogster » Sat May 03, 2014 9:20 am wrote:Yeah, there was a time when a game's recommended specs were effectively the real minimum spec. These days they always seem to be massively exaggerated for no apparent reason. I played a bit of the PC version at Eurogamer last year, which ran great and certainly didn't look like it would need that sort of hardware.

If I was a cynic I would probably suggest that they're trying to do exactly what was happening to Cal. Make people think they can't play it on their PC so they go for the more expensive (yet inferior) console version.

Tragic Magic
Joined in 2008

by Tragic Magic » Sat May 03, 2014 6:44 pm

I don't get why you'd buy an inferior version at twice the price if your PC is even half decent enough to run a game.

Harry Bizzle
Joined in 2008

by Harry Bizzle » Sat May 03, 2014 9:49 pm

Looking like it might be time to upgrade my i3.

instagram: @habiz
KjGarly
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter

by KjGarly » Sun May 04, 2014 4:50 am

My laptop should be able to run this then :shifty:

i7 3.2Ghz, 12GB Ram and a GTX 670m and there was no problem running Rage at Max everything over 60fps.

Return to “Games”