Resogun - PS4 | PSVita | PS3

Anything to do with games at all.
jiggles
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resogun - PS4 (Day 1 PS Plus title!)
by jiggles » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:53 pm

:lol: It's a kid mode for kiddies.

I just gave it a go. First attempt, near-perfect run. Multiplier only dropped the two times I died (both of which were just silly mistakes). Every human saved. No bombs used. 87,309,460

Bertie
Joined in 2011

by Bertie » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:49 pm

How do you save every human? I hear the warning for 'keepers detected' but only normally spot the ones that drop from the top and trace a line? Randomly, the green blob flies to a human box and keys one out.... Help?

Harry Bizzle
Joined in 2008

by Harry Bizzle » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:05 pm

They glow green. Kill everything that glows green or travels along a glowy green line and then that blob will appear and free the humans. When you hear "KEEPERS DETECTED" you need to be looking everywhere for green.

instagram: @habiz
jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:07 pm

Some will spawn in as just glowing green enemies, which you can take your time with.
Others have green targets around them, and must be killed in the order indicated.
Others will trace a path in and out of the level, and you must kill them before they leave.
The remaining humans are freed by having your multiplier at a certain level at a certain time in the stage. The multiplier will glow green when it's coming up.

You'll know what human is about to be freed by in-play keepers as their box will be pulsing green.

Death's Head
Joined in 2009

by Death's Head » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:55 am

jiggles wrote::lol: It's a kid mode for kiddies.

the two times I died

Didn't know it was possible to die. Well done. X 2 8-)

Yes?
jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:03 am

Wait, that pathetic score of yours is from a no death run? :lol:

You, uh, you know you have to shoot things, right? :simper:

Death's Head
Joined in 2009

by Death's Head » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:26 am

Pretty much all my scores are from no death runs. How many times do you die during the game? Try moving, up, down, left or right to avoid enemies and fire rather than just blindly shooting. :simper:

Yes?
jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:43 am

Alternatively, try playing to actually save all the humans and keep your multiplier going, instead of shitting your pants and running away any time an enemy so much as looks in your direction. :)

Bertie
Joined in 2011

by Bertie » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:56 am

Cheers for the help guys.

Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008

by Poser » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:17 am

You fly boys crack me up.

Adam Ash
Joined in 2008

by Adam Ash » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:44 pm

25 million on Experienced... So average. It's the bosses that always mess me up and I always, ALWAYS lose my multiplier just as it's about to hit x10 - drives me mad.

jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:12 pm

The only difficult boss is the second one. The first one you should have enough experience with to breeze, the cube is just great for safely building multiplier, the sphere's missiles are so slow they can just straight-up be outrun in the Nemesis ship, and the final boss just needs you to stay out of the red and short boost when you're trapped.

Adam Ash
Joined in 2008

by Adam Ash » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:22 pm

Yes the 1st boss is nothing, it's the second boss that often caused me my first death and to lose my multiplier. Yea the cube boss seems fairly easy.

I seem to have settled with Phobos as my ship choice.

jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Phobos is the pro ship for sure. Great overdrive for pushing scores beyond what's possible on the others, but you have to be godly to be able keep the multiplier going in it and dodge when things get hectic. Nemesis makes it much easier to keep the multi up, and keep alive, and save humans. You should save Phobos for when you're at the upper limit of what you can do with Nemesis.

Denster
Joined in 2008

by Denster » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Havent really tried with nemesis. Didn't know it was better for the multiplier.

jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:51 pm

Denster wrote:Havent really tried with nemesis. Didn't know it was better for the multiplier.

Well, you can zip around much quicker, the lock-on lasers mean your shots don't need to be lined up, and your bullets are far, far weaker so it takes much longer to kill bigger enemies (which helps keep the multi going as it's based on the last time you shot something or picked up/delivered a human).

Adam Ash
Joined in 2008

by Adam Ash » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:58 pm

Cheers Jiggles, I'll give Nemesis a try!

KingK
Joined in 2008

by KingK » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:44 am

Due to a colleague at work threatening to overtake my 33 million score on Rookie (I know I know) ive fired this up again tonight. Tried Phobos and lost multiplier due to lack of boost on more than one occasion but finally managed to finish game with it for that trophy.

then played with my favourite Nemesis and clocked up an almost perfect run to get 83.9million. Inexplicably lost multiplier on 2nd boss due to getting trapped at top of screen and dying. Spent most of level 3 getting back.to 5x. Also missed 1 human on final level

reckon I could get around 100million with a perfect run

and yes I know I need to play on Experienced and Veteran. I do. Occasionally.

Denster
Joined in 2008

by Denster » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:45 am

I dont like Nemesis. Guns are too flimsy.

Death's Head
Joined in 2009

by Death's Head » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:24 am

Is there any way of getting high scores other than just saving the humans and keeping the multiplier? I feel like I'm doing something badly wrong as I rarely die and although I only normally save 8 or so humans on most levels (usually 10 on 1 or 2), my high score seems a long way off of the top scores. Almost as if there is something else I'm not doing.

Yes?

Return to “Games”