The Walking Dead - Season 2 (Telltale)

Anything to do with games at all.
tomvek
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostThe Walking Dead - Season 2 (Telltale)
by tomvek » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:55 am

Developer: Telltale Games
Release Date:
PC/PSN: December 17th
XBLA: December 18th

The Walking Dead is a point 'n' click adventure game that follows a ragtag group of survivors, including player character Clementine, trying to eke out a living in a world ravaged by the undead. Each episode features a number of choices, whether they be major or seemingly consequential, which molds the player's experience into a more personal one based around what kind of character they want Clementine to be.

Massive spoilers from TWD Season 1 abound!
It's been many months since little Clementine's life fell into ruins. After a mysterious viral outbreak that causes corpses to rise from their graves and devour the living ripped through Georgia, the 8-year-old girl was left stranded in her treehouse with naught but a hammer and her lucky baseball cap to keep her company. A few days later, she heard a man's voice echo throughout her neighborhood, heralding the arrival of Lee Everett, the protagonist of Season 1 and her guardian/parental figure who would guide her through the horrors of the dystopia that awaited them.

After a myriad of heartbreak, loss and misery, the pair made their way to Savannah, the coastal city where Clementine believed she could fine her missing parents. Shortly after arriving, Lee's world was thrown into turmoil when his surrogate daughter was kidnapped, leading to him getting infected by the virus on his quest to save her. Using the last of his strength, Lee rescued the girl from her sinister captor, but succumbed to his bite shortly afterwards. At this point, Clementine also discovered the reanimated corpses of her missing parents, because Telltale's writers apparently enjoy crushing the souls of their audience. Collapsing in a jewlery store, Lee was then either left to turn by Clem in order to spare her the grief or put out of his misery by the wee lass, depending on the player's choices.

Season 2 picks up sometime after the events of The 400 Days DLC chapter, and finds Clem on her own in the wilderness, surviving but still shaken by the decimation of her parental figures. How will the story unfold? Play the game and find out!

Clementine is the 9-year-old protagonist of the story who is extremely wise and skilled with a gun for someone her age.

Omid is a goofy history buff who bonded with Lee over their mutual appreciation of Civil War heritage sites. Before Lee's passing, he was appointed Clementine's guardian by the man himself.
Poor Omid was too good for this sinful earth and got killed off unceremoniously by a mook at the beginning of Episode 1.

Christa is Omid's wife who has a kind heart despite her suspicious nature and constant worrying. She accepted the role of Clem's surrogate mother following Lee's death, but is also pregnant with her own child.
She is currently MIA after having a tussle with some bandits in the woods.

Winston is a mysterious and sinister man who appears to be pursuing Clementine for some reason.
He turns out to be an ultragoon who gets murked by Clem not even a third of the way through Episode 1. So much for the mystery, I guess.

Luke is a member of the new group Clementine joined in Episode 1. Kindhearted and empathetic, Luke seems to have a better attitude towards the little girl than most of the other members of the group.

Nick is the cabin group's token hotheaded member, and is apparently infamous for his itchy trigger finger and propensity to act without thinking.
Depending on the player's actions at the end of Episode 1, Nick is either missing, having disappeared into the woods following a walker ambush, or in a depressed funk over the death of his uncle.

Pete is Nick's uncle and the cabin group's moral compass, but is prone to upsetting others with his bluntness and pragmatism. Nevertheless, he's a good guy with whom Clementine formed a near-instant bond.
Depending on the player's actions at the end of Episode 1, Pete is either dead, being devoured by walkers; or bitten on the leg. Time will tell what his ultimate fate will be.

Last edited by tomvek on Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Walking Dead - Season 2 (Telltale)
by Victor Mildew » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:46 am

Ad7 will remember that.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Rog » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:17 am

Wonder if they'll wait until Wolf has finished it's run before release.

KjGarly
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter

by KjGarly » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:07 am

With Wolf you bought the whole thing didn't you rather than have the option of buying each episode like The Walking Dead or getting the season pass.

Rubix
Joined in 2008

by Rubix » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:37 am

PLAY | Persona 3 Reloaded [3h]
WATCH | Ted Lasso S3, HiJack S1, Red Dwarf S4, Dexter S2
RACE | Chew Valley 10k (June), GNR (Sept), Cardiff Half (Oct)
Dblock
Joined in 2008
AKA: Discovery

by Dblock » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:33 pm

Doesn't make sense for them to release this soon when Wolf has just recently came out.

Teltale is amazing though

''Saying it's because I was controlling you and making you sad when actually I just asked you to wear some trousers'' :lol: :lol:
Dandy Kong
Joined in 2008
AKA: Dandy Kong

by Dandy Kong » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:55 pm

After this announcement I think I'll skip The Wolf Among Us altogether. I don't find that whole 'fairy tales with an edge' setting as appealing as that of The Walking Dead.

The pictures suggest Clementine will be in it (and thus a continuation of the story line of the first episode?). I wonder who will be the lead character after the death of Lee...

Curls
Joined in 2008

by Curls » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:43 pm

Dandy Kong wrote:After this announcement I think I'll skip The Wolf Among Us altogether. I don't find that whole 'fairy tales with an edge' setting as appealing as that of The Walking Dead.

The pictures suggest Clementine will be in it (and thus a continuation of the story line of the first episode?). I wonder who will be the lead character after the death of Lee...

Why oh why do i read these things.

I already knew that Lee got bit though, so I guess it was obvious enough. One more episode left for me of Season 1 and then I may download 500 days.

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:47 pm

There's blood on Clem's hat! :x

If they even try to kill her off.....

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Yoshimi
Joined in 2008

by Yoshimi » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:36 pm

I'm guessing you play as Clem, and meet up with the people from 500 days.

However, they may pull a fast one and have Clem die in the first episode.

bear
Joined in 2008

by bear » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:55 pm

I wonder how much work the writers of the last game did on this seeing as they have now left Telltale.

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:14 pm

Dandy Kong
Joined in 2008
AKA: Dandy Kong

by Dandy Kong » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:19 pm

glowy69 wrote:There's blood on Clem's hat! :x

If they even try to kill her off.....

That already happened during episode 1. I think when Lee found her hat there was aready blood on it. And otherwise it happened during... well, you know, that event at the end of the game.

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:20 pm

I still need to replay 400 Days with everyone onside.

Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:27 pm

Yoshimi wrote:I'm guessing you play as Clem, and meet up with the people from 500 days.

Seriously if they ever do this, I will unleash the fires of hell on them.

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:31 pm

Hopefully they change her voice actor. She really wasn't that great in the first series. I was almost always aware that it was an adult doing a kids voice.

PCCD
Joined in 2008

by PCCD » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:55 pm

I still haven't played 500 days :fp:

Will have to reinstall it to see if my completed save is still there, if not then that's a perfect excuse for a play through

The Holly and Delusi wrote:PENALTY: Blatant lies. Five minutes in the Sin Bin.
Cosmo
Joined in 2010

by Cosmo » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:00 pm

Fade wrote:Hopefully they change her voice actor. She really wasn't that great in the first series.

No. If they change the voice then it's no buys from me.

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:02 pm

SquintyMcSquint wrote:
Yoshimi wrote:I'm guessing you play as Clem, and meet up with the people from 500 days.

Seriously if they ever do this, I will unleash the fires of hell on them.

You have my backing.

Also change Clem's voice actor?

Just no.

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:08 pm

Cosmo wrote:
Fade wrote:Hopefully they change her voice actor. She really wasn't that great in the first series.

No. If they change the voice then it's no buys from me.

But she's gonna be older anyways. her old voice sounds like a bad anime dub at points.

Return to “Games”