Resistance 3. Best FPS on PS3

Anything to do with games at all.
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Resistance 3. Sony ruin Christmas
by Lagamorph » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:38 am

1cmanny1 wrote:
chalkitdown wrote:Ok, this game is awesome. Flew threw the first 7 chapters tonight and enjoyed it immensely.

How does one do that?

Do what? Enjoy something?

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:25 am

Just played through the Ravenholm bit. :shock: Well, I guess if you're gonna steal, you might as well do it from the best. That was strawberry floating brilliant! My favourite part of the game so far by far. Shitting my pants the entire time. :slol:

Gotta say, this game has some of the best weapons in an FPS this side or Turok 2. Each and every one of them are is so fun to use.

chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:52 pm

The train section :shock: This game is fantastic!

cooldawn
Joined in 2008

by cooldawn » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:32 pm

I need to play it again. I don't ever remember it being that good to be honest. There's that one cut-scene that was awesome...but that's about as good as it got.

"Race drivers don't really care how fast they're going..we keep going faster and faster until we approach that limit of control and that's when we balance ourselves..that's how we make good time."
JOHN FITCH
1950's Le Mans driver
chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:35 pm

I think maybe it's just scratching that Half-Life itch and that's why I'm enjoying it so much. It's similar to HL2 in so many ways. It's a get from point A to point b adventure where you stop by in many places along the way and meet different characters helping them with their problems before going on your way to the next hugely different locale, all the while huge strider-like monsters roam the world in the background. They even ripped certain sections off wholesale such as the Ravenholm bit and the underground caves section from Episode 1. The atmosphere is wonderfully eerie too. The boat trip through the New Orleans-esque town was a big highlight and the aforementioned Ravenholm part was my favourite of the game so far. And then there's the medpack and unlimited weapons aspects. It's just a breath of fresh air in this age of military shooters, there's no dudebro nonsense whatsoever and the story is even quite entertaining. It's such a huge step above R1 and R2, it's a shame it failed at retail. It's a million times better as a single player campaign than any of the Killzone games, too.

My only grip with the game is the dumb as gooseberry fool AI. They're not quite as bad as Resistance 1 but they still tend to make a beeline for you and you alone.

chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resistance 3. Best FPS on PS3
by chalkitdown » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:12 pm

Completed this last night. 8-) Incredible game from start to finish. I wish I had listened to Buff and Anung sooner. :(

Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Buffalo » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:14 pm

You should listen to me more often, I think. Glad you got round to playing it though, sure to be a cult classic.

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:17 am

I quite fancy giving this a play at some point so hopefully it'll make it's way to plus.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Christopher » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:23 am

Ad7 wrote:I quite fancy giving this a play at some point so hopefully it'll make it's way to plus.

Do Sony mail out discs as part of Plus? The game was £2 in Game over Christmas.

Great game, one of the best single player FPS campaigns since Half Life 2. Great atmosphere, great weapons and quite an interesting story.

I loved the Ravenholm homage level and the prison level was fantastic.

Dual
Joined in 2008

by Dual » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:14 pm

Can confirm thread title is correct.

chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:22 pm

Ad7 wrote:I quite fancy giving this a play at some point so hopefully it'll make it's way to plus.

It's not even on the PSN store to buy normally so it's very unlikely. I was waiting for over two years it to appear on Plus also before picking it up over Christmas for next to nothing.

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:27 pm

I might be able to bag a free copy anyway in that case.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
jawafour
Joined in 2012

by jawafour » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:51 pm

The online multiplayer and online co-op functionality is being terminated for all three games in the Resistance trilogy from 8 April.

I guess the games were better known for their single player campaigns but, especially for Resistance 3, this feels like the service is being stopped rather early.

I've still not got around to starting Resistance 3 but I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Buffalo » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:04 pm

We should get the Resistance 2 gang back together. Co-op in that was the tits.

cooldawn
Joined in 2008

by cooldawn » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:53 pm

suzzopher wrote:Great game, one of the best single player FPS campaigns since Half Life 2. Great atmosphere, great weapons and quite an interesting story.

:dread:

Buffalo wrote:We should get the Resistance 2 gang back together. Co-op in that was the tits.

I'd agree with that. For sure.

"Race drivers don't really care how fast they're going..we keep going faster and faster until we approach that limit of control and that's when we balance ourselves..that's how we make good time."
JOHN FITCH
1950's Le Mans driver

Return to “Games”