The Last Of Us Remastered (PS4). Get your selfie sticks out!

Anything to do with games at all.
Wedgie
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The original Last of Us coming to PS4 with enhanced grap
by Wedgie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:23 am

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... ps3-owners

Sony is considering a discount for owners of The Last of Us on PlayStation 3 who also buy the upcoming PlayStation 4 version.

Writing on the EU PlayStation blog, Naughty Dog's Eric Monacelli responded to a fan question regarding a discount for those who had already splashed out on the PS3 game (and perhaps also a season pass) less than a year ago.

"We're looking into the business model for all this and will post about this once we have input from all regions", he explained.

Some fans have criticised Sony's decision to sell the game for full price on PlayStation 4 - £49.99 in the UK - so soon after the release of the initial game.

As well as including all of the game's DLC, the Remastered edition will also include higher resolution character models and textures plus improved shadows and lighting.

A commentary track from creative director Neil Druckmann and lead actors Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson will also be included.

Hopefully this comes to fruition.

And thank god I nabbed the game (and season pass) from the christmas PSN sale and traded in the retail copy. The offer probably would be limited to digital copies unless Sony ask everyone for a photo of them holding The Last of Us PS3 disc.

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008

by Poser » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:32 am

Wedgie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:23 am wrote:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-17-sony-mulls-the-last-of-us-ps4-discount-for-ps3-owners

Sony is considering a discount for owners of The Last of Us on PlayStation 3 who also buy the upcoming PlayStation 4 version.

Writing on the EU PlayStation blog, Naughty Dog's Eric Monacelli responded to a fan question regarding a discount for those who had already splashed out on the PS3 game (and perhaps also a season pass) less than a year ago.

"We're looking into the business model for all this and will post about this once we have input from all regions", he explained.

Some fans have criticised Sony's decision to sell the game for full price on PlayStation 4 - £49.99 in the UK - so soon after the release of the initial game.

As well as including all of the game's DLC, the Remastered edition will also include higher resolution character models and textures plus improved shadows and lighting.

A commentary track from creative director Neil Druckmann and lead actors Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson will also be included.

Hopefully this comes to fruition.

And thank god I nabbed the game (and season pass) from the christmas PSN sale and traded in the retail copy. The offer probably would be limited to digital copies unless Sony ask everyone for a photo of them holding The Last of Us PS3 disc.

If you've used the redeemable code from inside the box (I haven't... don't even know what it's for) against your PSN id, maybe that would work? Possibly?

Harry Bizzle
Joined in 2008

by Harry Bizzle » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:05 am

Wedgie wrote:The offer probably would be limited to digital copies unless Sony ask everyone for a photo of them holding The Last of Us PS3 disc.

I think on PS4 the way the offer for like AC4 and BF4 works is you put the PS3 disc in the PS4 when you want to play. You need it in order for the digital copy to run.

instagram: @habiz
Bertie
Joined in 2011

by Bertie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:16 am

£20 for the PS4 edition and I'm in, all over it. Any more and it will be hard to justify, if it is more than £30, then they are just taking the piss!

KjGarly
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter

by KjGarly » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:32 am

Pre-ordered for 35 Snoops off Zavvi.

Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Buffalo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:25 pm

Bertie wrote:£20 for the PS4 edition and I'm in, all over it. Any more and it will be hard to justify, if it is more than £30, then they are just taking the piss!

30 snoops for a remastered version of one of the greatest games of all time is 'taking the piss'?

Right ok.

Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:54 pm

Harry Bizzle » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:05 am wrote:
Wedgie wrote:The offer probably would be limited to digital copies unless Sony ask everyone for a photo of them holding The Last of Us PS3 disc.

I think on PS4 the way the offer for like AC4 and BF4 works is you put the PS3 disc in the PS4 when you want to play. You need it in order for the digital copy to run.

How do that work with the Season Pass/DLC stuff, if you haven't brought them.

In other news: Sometime in May, Naughty Dog are removing the Season Pass off the PSN store.

"The Grounded Bundle is indeed part of the season pass for The Last of Us, which will only be available for four more weeks. So come the week of May 13, the season pass will be removed from the PlayStation Store."

http://www.psu.com/a023052/The-Last-of- ... ew-content

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:13 pm

They're removing the season pass once the season is over. makes sense to me.

Bertie
Joined in 2011

by Bertie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:16 pm

Buffalo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:25 pm wrote:
Bertie wrote:£20 for the PS4 edition and I'm in, all over it. Any more and it will be hard to justify, if it is more than £30, then they are just taking the piss!

30 Great British Pounds Sterling for a remastered version of one of the greatest games of all time is 'taking the piss'?

Right ok.

When you already own the PS3 version and the dlc, yes, I'd say it is. It isn't a 'new' game, despite how awesome it is first time round.

£35 at zavii, I paid ~ £29 at Christmas for it on PS3 digitally, asking me for another £35 for the same game on PS4 6 months later is too much in my opinion.

Frankly, I'm getting quite bored of a the 'remastered' stuff. Give us new stuff!

Fuzzy Dunlop
Joined in 2008

by Fuzzy Dunlop » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:32 pm

Bertie wrote:When you already own the PS3 version and the dlc, yes, I'd say it is. It isn't a 'new' game, despite how awesome it is first time round.

£35 at zavii, I paid ~ £29 at Christmas for it on PS3 digitally, asking me for another £35 for the same game on PS4 6 months later is too much in my opinion.

Then it's fairly simple. Don't buy it.

Bertie wrote:Frankly, I'm getting quite bored of a the 'remastered' stuff. Give us new stuff!

I don't understand this mentality at all, it's not like this PS4 version is delaying the next Naughty Dog game for example.

Do you often contemplate the complexity of life?
Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:41 pm

Maybe not delaying (how can you delay something that hasn't been announced) but a large part of their team is said to be working on this while a smaller team works on UC4. So it could be argued that it is kind of holding up the game after UC4. Kind of. Maybe. Perhaps.

Thing is, this release, like with the new gen GTA V, is something fans of the game have asked for and so while I too would rather playing something new (like their rumoured space game) I don't mind this re-release as it's something people want.

Fuzzy Dunlop
Joined in 2008

by Fuzzy Dunlop » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:50 pm

I would have thought Naughty Dog's focus would have been the other way round, big team on UC4 and a small team on this re-release. They obviously have a target date for the new Uncharted and I can't see them missing that due to this release.

He just seems to be moaning for the sake of it. If you don't wanna pay 40 quid or whatever then buy it a year later when it's a lot cheaper?

Bertie
Joined in 2011

by Bertie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:28 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:50 pm wrote:I would have thought Naughty Dog's focus would have been the other way round, big team on UC4 and a small team on this re-release. They obviously have a target date for the new Uncharted and I can't see them missing that due to this release.

He just seems to be moaning for the sake of it. If you don't wanna pay 40 quid or whatever then buy it a year later when it's a lot cheaper?

Ok.

TLoU is a great game, i want to play it again on PS4. I own the season pass digitally, you can pick up the disc version on PS4 for £35. I don't want to pay much more money to get the new PS4 version, I think it is a bit cheeky for those who have paid to date. I also don't really like the current trend of re-releasing old stuff, especially as I think we're a little short of new games.

Simples.

Adam Ash
Joined in 2008

by Adam Ash » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:30 pm

Apparently there are talks about a discount being offered for people who already have it. No idea how that would work and probably won't happen. Be great if it did, I actually got the PSN version so would be great if I could do a cheap upgrade.

Fuzzy Dunlop
Joined in 2008

by Fuzzy Dunlop » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:33 pm

Hopefully they offer some kind of discount for people who already own the PS3 version.

EDIT: What Adam said. I have the disc version, so no discount for me! :(

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:25 pm

There's no reason they couldn't take the season pass price off of the digital version of the game. no reason at all.

Denster
Joined in 2008

by Denster » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:09 pm

I didn't buy the season pass and have traded it in so i'll be expecting to pay full price. Would have paid full price for it anyway tbh.

jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:35 pm

Yes, it would be a more acceptable price if the game came out 5 years ago.

Songwriter
Joined in 2008

by Songwriter » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:42 am

Don't have a PS3 I purposely have not watched one gameplay video or read one review - in hope that one day it would come to PS4.

I can't wait.

Without spoiling anything - what makes it game of the year/generation?

Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008

by Poser » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:50 am

Songwriter » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:42 am wrote:Don't have a PS3 I purposely have not watched one gameplay video or read one review - in hope that one day it would come to PS4.

I can't wait.

Without spoiling anything - what makes it game of the year/generation?

For me, unparalleled character involvement. The gameplay is great, you can play it how you want, but the plot is amazing. I don't mean to make it sound like a passive experience, it's anything but. However, you just find yourself really giving a gooseberry fool about the characters you're controlling.

Other people may cite different reasons. You are also correct to avoid media and previews. Go into it as cold as you possibly can.

Enjoy!

Return to “Games”