Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)

Anything to do with games at all.
jiggles
Joined in 2008

PostGran Turismo Sport (PS4)
by jiggles » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:18 pm

Last edited by jiggles on Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:19 am, edited 19 times in total.
Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gran Turismo Sport (PS4) - The Virtual Reality Driving Simulator
by Saint of Killers » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:27 pm

Beta early next year. Will be VR compatible.

bear
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)
by bear » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:28 pm

What the hell is going on with that yelping nonsense in the middle of the trailer? That's really awful.

Still, I like some of the GTs so I'm interested.

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:59 pm

So is this a new controller for the Wii or a new console?

is this Gt7 or a stop gap?

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
floydfreak
Joined in 2008

by floydfreak » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:24 pm

guessing a stop gap till GT7 is released

NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:59 am

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... -turismo-7

"Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's president and CEO Jim Ryan provided some clarity in the wake of Sony's conference at Paris Games Week.

"We're not announcing Gran Turismo 7 at this stage," he told Eurogamer.

"Fair to say [series director Kazunori Yamauchi] has been making these games for some considerable time now. I think it's reasonable to assume that something else might come down the road. Is it a Prologue? No, I think it'll be more than that.

"The old days, when the games were offline, the experience was defined by what's on the disc. You had a distinction between a Prologue and a full GT, it was very stark. When the game becomes more of an online connected experience, that distinction blurs. This will be much more than a Prologue type experience."

jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:03 pm

I'd rather they just shifted GT to being a £50 per year subscription service with rapid iteration instead of numbered releases. It's driving cars around racetracks. It doesn't need sequels within a generation.

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:11 pm

GT Sport to ship without any sound. May be made available as DLC at a later date.

Ironhide
Fiend
Joined in 2008

by Ironhide » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:45 pm

jiggles wrote:I'd rather they just shifted GT to being a £50 per year subscription service with rapid iteration instead of numbered releases. It's driving cars around racetracks. It doesn't need sequels within a generation.

You're bloody mad.

floydfreak
Joined in 2008

by floydfreak » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:00 pm

Gran Turismo and PD have to up their game big time other games and devlopers have overtaken PD with their updates on games playabilty of games dlc etc

Project Cars & Forza6 are leaps and bounds ahead of GT now PD have alot to do to catch up with cars tracks etc Both of those games have some quality cars in which are not in GT at all

NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Thu May 12, 2016 9:20 pm

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/05 ... n-19th-may

Hello GT fans! We’re thrilled to announce that on 19th May we’ll be streaming brand-new GT Sport footage from an exclusive London event, and sharing new details about the latest entry in Polyphony Digital‘s acclaimed racing series. Not only that, but we’ll also be streaming Pre-Season Test of FIA Gran Turismo Championship Cups – the Nations Cup Pre-Season Test and the Manufacturer Fan Cup Pre-Season Test. We’re also lucky enough to have nine full-scale Vision GT Cars and two quarter-size models present at the event, which is a world first!

If you want to stay in the know, make sure you watch the stream via either the PlayStation Europe YouTube channel or the Gran Turismo YouTube channel on the 19th May, from 6.45pm BST.

gamerforever
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Gran Turismo Sport (PS4) - The Virtual Reality Driving Simulator | Unveiling - 19th May
by gamerforever » Thu May 12, 2016 9:32 pm

Its got to a point where the prospect of a new gran turismo does not fill me with any excitement - partly because it always gets delayed and partly because the last 4 have got progressively worse. Would have preferred they stopped investing so much in this franchise and let evolution get another driveclub out in all honesty. These simulators are boring and theres project cars anyway.

GrinWithoutaKat
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Gran Turismo Sport (PS4) - The Virtual Reality Driving Simulator | Unveiling - 19th May
by GrinWithoutaKat » Fri May 13, 2016 1:48 pm

I've not really kept up with this, but is it like the PS4 gen version of GT Prologue?

Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008

by Trelliz » Fri May 13, 2016 2:01 pm

GrinWithoutaKat wrote:I've not really kept up with this, but is it like the PS4 gen version of GT Prologue?

They're going to twist the language to say it any other way, but i expect so.

jawa2 wrote:Tl;dr Trelliz isn't a miserable git; he's right.
Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Thu May 19, 2016 12:37 pm

Live stream starts here at 7.30 PM:

Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

by Peter Crisp » Thu May 19, 2016 3:06 pm

I can't wait to swerve all over the place and pretty much always finish last in VR as I can't drive in real life :dread: .

I'm going to be so, so gooseberry fool at this :slol: .

Vermilion wrote:I'd rather live in Luton.
satriales
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gran Turismo Sport (PS4) - The Virtual Reality Driving Simulator | Out 15th November
by satriales » Thu May 19, 2016 6:42 pm

I think this is a new trailer (it is to me anyway):

Photomode looks immense (potentially hundreds of locations) but the rest doesn't show anything new really, and graphically I'm not seeing a leap over the PS3 games.

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Thu May 19, 2016 6:47 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:Live stream starts here at 7.30 PM:

This is starting now!

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Gran Turismo Sport (PS4) - The Virtual Reality Driving Simulator | Out 15th November
by Victor Mildew » Thu May 19, 2016 6:50 pm

It doesn't mayer how many snazzy angles they show, the actual gameplay and graphics in there looks like the same old gooseberry fool. Looks a generation behind the likes of driveclub.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
Death's Head
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: Gran Turismo Sport (PS4) - The Virtual Reality Driving Simulator | Out 15th November
by Death's Head » Thu May 19, 2016 7:04 pm

Ad7 wrote:It doesn't mayer how many snazzy angles they show, the actual gameplay and graphics in there looks like the same old gooseberry fool. Looks a generation behind the likes of driveclub.

After UC4 I'm expecting graphics that look better than reality, otherwise it is just lazy devs.

Yes?

Return to “Games”