All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 13960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 550, 551, 552, 553, 554, 555, 556 ... 698  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:09 am 
White Rabbit wrote:
Lotus wrote:
White Rabbit wrote:
Lotus wrote:
Does anyone here have the full version of Quarrel? If so, does it get more difficult later on? It doesn't seem to have a difficulty setting, and I haven't lost a round so far. It's fun, but there's no challenge. Couple of full anagrams as well just now. 8-)

Have you played any rounds where your turn is timed? I sometimes panic on them and totally screw up. :fp: Other than that I've been doing pretty good too and your opponents do get more difficult to beat. It's a good little game, a bit like the word games in the paper, word polygons etc.

Ah, no. How do you access those? I can only see the one mode on...Starfish Island or something. Quick Play or whatever it's called.

There are other modes in the full version such as Domination and Showdown in which you're given approx 20 seconds for your go. I think it's just the Quick match and Challenge modes where you have aslong as you want (of course if you have the same amount of letters then you run the risk of your opponent getting the fastest time). From what I've played you do begin to face more skilled opponents but I think where this game will be the most fun and challenging is playing it online against real people ( I haven't tried this yet for fear of embarrasing myself :lol: ).

Okay, thanks. I only have the trial. Sounds a bit more interesting with those other modes...not sure I'm convinced though. I don't have XBL Gold, so the online wouldn't matter to me. Might give it a miss.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:51 pm 
Eurogamer loved Happy Action Theatre.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... ter-review

I have to say it's brilliant fun.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:12 pm 
Is there anything out today?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:15 pm 
Emeritus
Moggy wrote:
Is there anything out today?

Warp - I've updated the thread title now :)

Post subject: Re: XBLM - Warp out now
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:50 pm 
... and here's the EG review of Warp (7/10):

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-15-warp-review

Post subject: XBLM - Warp out now
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:56 pm 
Apparently there a dash update now available that fixes the washed out colour issue of the new dash and video playback. Haven't updated yet myself but apparently it has done the trick. Was really annoying me!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:57 pm 
Says it also improves performance, my 360 was slow after full update. When it's getting better, I still welcome more performance.

Even my PC loads faster than 360 :shifty:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:00 am 
Seven wrote:
Says it also improves performance, my 360 was slow after full update. When it's getting better, I still welcome more performance.

Even my PC loads faster than 360 :shifty:

What is slow about it? The dash is pretty nippy for me, not as fast as the blades used to be, but nothing ever has been. Tried clearing the system cache?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:33 am 
Just loads up stuff too slow for my liking. It's allright now, but I never had this problem with last dash upgrade (which I loved, granted not much as blades in early days but it was useable, and accessable)

I'm just still bitter about this dash really. Got in as part of preview, and I dislike how everything is. I've gotten used to it though, mainly because of Quick Play feature.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:16 am 
Little Racers Street looks fun, and it's once again reminded me of wherethefuck is the Mashed style game gone (think it was called GAS?)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:09 am 
Please can someone do me a really big favour and let me know all the arcade games, demos and add-ons that were released on XBLM last week? And what the deal of the week was?

My internet connection is slower than dial up at the minute and literally grinds to a halt when trying to sign in to anything like XBL or Steam. Even some sites like Hotmail and Facebook refuse to load and just grind to a halt. No idea what's causing it but I always like to check XBL every day. So it's really irritating me that I don't know what came out last week. :(

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:16 am 
Tragic Magic wrote:
Please can someone do me a really big favour and let me know all the arcade games, demos and add-ons that were released on XBLM last week? And what the deal of the week was?

My internet connection is slower than dial up at the minute and literally grinds to a halt when trying to sign in to anything like XBL or Steam. Even some sites like Hotmail and Facebook refuse to load and just grind to a halt. No idea what's causing it but I always like to check XBL every day. So it's really irritating me that I don't know what came out last week. :(

Arcade
Warp

DLC
Epic Quest Table (Pinball FX 2)

Deals
33%-ish off Batman Arkham City DLC & Avatar gubbins
Nightwing Bundle Pack (560)
Robin Bundle Pack (560)

Demos
Mass Effect 3

Aaaaaaand that's it as far as this week's update is concerned.
Previous week had Shank 2 and Gotham City Impostors on Arcade, a Forza 4 American LeMans Series pack and Lego Harry Potter go up on Games on Demand.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:42 am 
Thanks Delusibeta

*Took me 15 minutes to post this reply :| *

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:41 pm 
Shank 2 is nowhere near as good as the first one. The enemies are all really cheap, the level design is dull, the bosses are gooseberry fool, no decent story, crap Achievements, and it's really hard.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:21 pm 
First one is unbelievably dull. Feels like a flash game. Was absolutely wrecked the other day and played it for half an hour because I was honestly to tired to get up and switch it off.

You keep thinking something good might happen, but it never does.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:57 pm 
I don't know, I sat down with it from start to finish the other week and didn't think it was that bad. It suffers from gooseberry fool Boss Syndrome like all games do, but the combat mechanics were solid enough for the most part otherwise. Slice slice, shoot, chainsaw to the FACE.

Basically I forgave all of its nonsense because it was in a sale. It's the XBLA way.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:59 pm 
I got it for basically free in a Humble Bundle and it's still dull as dirt.

Was marginally interested in the story so Wiki'd it and it's totally stupid and Shank is a tosser anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:32 pm 
Is the option to have a custom picture on the dashboard gone now?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:37 pm 
CitizenErased wrote:
Little Racers Street looks fun, and it's once again reminded me of wherethefuck is the Mashed style game gone (think it was called GAS?)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24144

They say it'll be out in the next two months.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:10 pm 
Where is everyone buying their Gold subs these days? My current sub is not up until the end of July, but Ive been forking out €60 for the past 6 years, and I know there are cheaper options out there.

Does anybody use the likes of www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com ? Is it reliable?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 13960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 550, 551, 552, 553, 554, 555, 556 ... 698  Next