Star Trek Online - Now Free-to-Play

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
TheTurnipKing
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Star Trek Online - Now Free-to-Play
by TheTurnipKing » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:41 am

Trelliz wrote:Excellent, I'll sort out joining later when I get back. What is the fleet uniform? I was quite liking the TNG film uniform...

The fleet uniform is just a different costume slot which is created by the fleet master. It doesn't affect your regular uniforms, which will sit in a seperate slot, and can be switched between at will.

It is a tradition, or an older charter or something that fleet uniforms are required to be ridiculously, nigh offensively hideous. Like, neon green and pink, or something. :lol:
Last edited by TheTurnipKing on Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Xeno
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Star Trek Online - Now Free-to-Play
by Xeno » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:22 pm

Was I the only one who took out the dread on the second wave episode? Took me about 10 minutes due to reinforcements appearing.
Falsey wrote:
Xeno wrote:Chewing takes effort. What he needs is Emma Watson to chew his food then transfer it to him for him to swallow.

I dont know why, but that sounds strawberry floating incredible.

Wuijibobo wrote:You're a funny man Xeno. I like you... That's why I'm going to kill you last.
User avatar
Mogster
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Star Trek Online - Now Free-to-Play
by Mogster » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:18 pm

Ooh. Invite me! Invite me! :o

Talos@Mogster

EDIT: Cheers!
I stream stuff, sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/mogster85
User avatar
Mogster
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Star Trek Online - Now Free-to-Play
by Mogster » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:39 pm

Thanks for the invite. The emblem's on my ship, but no way am I wearing that travesty of a uniform. :lol:
I stream stuff, sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/mogster85
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Star Trek Online - Now Free-to-Play
by Trelliz » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:23 pm

Mogster wrote:Thanks for the invite. The emblem's on my ship, but no way am I wearing that travesty of a uniform. :lol:


You can change it.
Professor Emeritus of Spooky Languages
User avatar
TheTurnipKing
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Star Trek Online - Now Free-to-Play
by TheTurnipKing » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:29 pm

Mogster wrote:Thanks for the invite. The emblem's on my ship, but no way am I wearing that travesty of a uniform. :lol:

It's just kind of "meh", rather than a travesty.

Telling you, it needs to be neon green and pink. :lol:

Then we stand out if we're in a group, and we can wear something less conspicuous when we're just pissing around.
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: Star Trek Online - Now Free-to-Play
by Somebody Else's Problem » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:58 pm

Can I have an invite, please?

McNeil@tehneil
Something Fishy

PostStar Trek Online - Now Free-to-Play
by Something Fishy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Can I have an invite please? Dulasnebes@trebell
User avatar
Xeno
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Star Trek Online - Now Free-to-Play
by Xeno » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:16 pm

I think I sent the invites.

I also updated the message of the day :)
Falsey wrote:
Xeno wrote:Chewing takes effort. What he needs is Emma Watson to chew his food then transfer it to him for him to swallow.

I dont know why, but that sounds strawberry floating incredible.

Wuijibobo wrote:You're a funny man Xeno. I like you... That's why I'm going to kill you last.
User avatar
Wiggy G32
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: cpc3232

PostRe: Star Trek Online - Now Free-to-Play
by Wiggy G32 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:33 pm

i put a few things in the fleet bank but its now full can someone expand it? ive got plenty of stuff i dont use that i can put in there. Also can i put bound items in there or will they not work for others?
Something Fishy

PostStar Trek Online - Now Free-to-Play
by Something Fishy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:38 pm

I shall log on and look. Thank you.
User avatar
TheTurnipKing
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Star Trek Online - Now Free-to-Play
by TheTurnipKing » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:47 pm

I tend towards using Sierra 1 as the basis for a uniform. Clean, trek-like... but perhaps not ideal for a fleet uniform. Not really obnoxious enough.

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Star Trek Online - Now Free-to-Play
by Cheeky Devlin » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:27 pm

Wiggy G32 wrote:i put a few things in the fleet bank but its now full can someone expand it? ive got plenty of stuff i dont use that i can put in there. Also can i put bound items in there or will they not work for others?


We need more energy credits deposited in the Fleet account before we can set up a new repository. Another 831,838 to be precise. :cry:

For the time being it might be worth removing any of the scan-data we've deposited and keeping the space for actual items and stuff. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Is it worth renaming the Fleet ranks to match the forum ranks?
For example...
User (1 pip) = Recruit
Member (2 pips) = Recruit
Regular (3 pips) = Recruit
Resident (4 pips) = Member
Veteran (5 pips) = Sergeant
Legend (5 pips) = Junior Officer
Steve's Mum (1 pip) = Officer
HAS NO GAEMS (2 pips) = Senior Officer
Deal With It (3 pips) = Leader
Image
Something Fishy

PostStar Trek Online - Now Free-to-Play
by Something Fishy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:39 pm

Looks like I will get on to accept tomorrow now as long as my memory doesn't fail me again, might need a nudge if I clearly forget.
User avatar
TheTurnipKing
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Star Trek Online - Now Free-to-Play
by TheTurnipKing » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:52 pm

One of the ranks needs to be Tea Boy.
Something Fishy

PostStar Trek Online - Now Free-to-Play
by Something Fishy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:53 pm

Thats me sorted then. Well, tea old man.
User avatar
Wiggy G32
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: cpc3232

PostRe: Star Trek Online - Now Free-to-Play
by Wiggy G32 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:01 am

thats anoying about the funds ill add a bit more when im next on. anyone know about bound items? i know u cant sell them once bound but can you share them? and as for research data does anyone use it? ive got so much and i cant be bothered with it so if anyone wants to take it off my hands id be happy to give it to them
User avatar
Donk
Member
Joined in 2009
AKA: Donk

PostRe: Star Trek Online - Now Free-to-Play
by Donk » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:47 am

Mogster wrote:Thanks for the invite. The emblem's on my ship, but no way am I wearing that travesty of a uniform. :lol:


I worked so hard on it too. :(


Cheeky Devlin wrote:
Wiggy G32 wrote:i put a few things in the fleet bank but its now full can someone expand it? ive got plenty of stuff i dont use that i can put in there. Also can i put bound items in there or will they not work for others?


We need more energy credits deposited in the Fleet account before we can set up a new repository. Another 831,838 to be precise. :cry:

For the time being it might be worth removing any of the scan-data we've deposited and keeping the space for actual items and stuff. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Is it worth renaming the Fleet ranks to match the forum ranks?
For example...
User (1 pip) = Recruit
Member (2 pips) = Recruit
Regular (3 pips) = Recruit
Resident (4 pips) = Member
Veteran (5 pips) = Sergeant
Legend (5 pips) = Junior Officer
Steve's Mum (1 pip) = Officer
HAS NO GAEMS (2 pips) = Senior Officer
Deal With It (3 pips) = Leader


It makes sense to keep the scan data in the fleet bank, as it's something only a few people can be bothered with, and so anything crafted can be fed back into the community. I'm topping up the bank with my spare change from my million credits.

I was also thinking about doing something along the lines of that, I'll get around to it tonight! :)
User avatar
Donk
Member
Joined in 2009
AKA: Donk

PostRe: Star Trek Online - Now Free-to-Play
by Donk » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:48 am

Wiggy G32 wrote:thats anoying about the funds ill add a bit more when im next on. anyone know about bound items? i know u cant sell them once bound but can you share them? and as for research data does anyone use it? ive got so much and i cant be bothered with it so if anyone wants to take it off my hands id be happy to give it to them


Bound items cannot be shared, end of. You can recycle them though.
User avatar
TheTurnipKing
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Star Trek Online - Now Free-to-Play
by TheTurnipKing » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:41 am

Bound items were the worst idea MMO's ever had.

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1>3>4>2, Alvin Flummux, chalkitdown, CitizenErased, Peter Crisp, Yahoo [Bot] and 14 guests