Currently Playing in 2014....

Our best bits.
HM
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Currently Playing in 2014....
by HM » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:58 pm

Pokemon Fire Red

strawberry float critical hits. strawberry float Grimer.

Igor wrote:HM is the man you should all strive to be.
Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:24 pm

Brothers - Tale of Two Sons. Got past the bit where you reunite the giant lady and her bloke. I've really enjoyed what I've played so far.

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:30 pm

SquintyMcSquint wrote:Brothers - Tale of Two Sons. Got past the bit where you reunite the giant lady and her bloke. I've really enjoyed what I've played so far.

Says a lot that my biggest gripe with the game was the sometimes slow loading textures (thank to Unreal Engine 3?).

Harry Bizzle
Joined in 2008

by Harry Bizzle » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:55 pm

SquintyMcSquint wrote:Brothers - Tale of Two Sons. Got past the bit where you reunite the giant lady and her bloke. I've really enjoyed what I've played so far.

I love the bit where you meet the troll. Up until that bit there's nothing to really suggest that it's a fantasy setting with magic and what not, and then suddenly he comes into the scene and surprises you. The game and it's settings just get more and more impressive from there on out. Wonderful moment. Any reviewer who ruined that stuff with screenshots is an idiot.

instagram: @habiz
Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:58 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:

Says a lot that my biggest gripe with the game was the sometimes slow loading textures (thank to Unreal Engine 3?).

I didnt encounter that at all on 360 version...

Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:38 pm

Photek wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:

I didnt encounter that at all on 360 version...

Can't say I've noticed any bad textures pop in. 360 version also.

The animation was janky in the intro. That's all I got so far. Nit picky gooseberry fool.

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:03 pm

Maybe it was an issue with the PS3 version, but we are talking about an engine that is notorious for slow loading textures and so it would be more of a surprise to me if the game didn't suffer from it.

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:40 pm

Sonic Racing - The One Where the Vehicles Transform. (Vita)

It's hard!

Hard but a lot more enjoyable than Mod Nation.

Harry Bizzle
Joined in 2008

by Harry Bizzle » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:02 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:Maybe it was an issue with the PS3 version, but we are talking about an engine that is notorious for slow loading textures and so it would be more of a surprise to me if the game didn't suffer from it.

Played it on PS3 on a big huge screen and can't say I noticed any at all.

instagram: @habiz
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Buffalo » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:49 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:Sonic Racing - The One Where the Vehicles Transform. (Vita)

It's hard!

See!? You splits who were telling me I was gooseberry fool, I knew I wasn't the only one.
SoK, ma boi!

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:09 pm

:lol:

Regarding Brothers and slow loading textures :arrow: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=broth ... hQfU-4HIDw

I'm not saying it's peppered throughout the game like in Mass Effect 2, but it's definitely there. However! My point was that seeing as that (and the sometimes low fps) was my biggest gripe then the game must have a been a good one.

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:05 pm

Buffalo wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Sonic Racing - The One Where the Vehicles Transform. (Vita)

It's hard!

See!? You splits who were telling me I was gooseberry fool, I knew I wasn't the only one.
SoK, ma boi!

It's hard in the sense that getting first place isn't a doddle. Not even on the opening stages. I'm probably wrong, but sometimes it feels like there's a reverse rubber band effect going on; no matter how hard I try to to catch up to first place they're always tantalisingly out of reach and if I bump my vehicle on the side of the track then strawberry float it, may as well restart because you're definitely not getting first. Or maybe you will and then get pipped on the last turn. Ngh.

If it is my fault then I think it's either my choice of driver (Sonic with his slow acceleration) and that I am not drifting enough.

Joer
Joined in 2008

by Joer » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:36 pm

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

Just got to the Forsaken/bidden forest. Can't remember what it's called, but just got the Deku Leaf. It's just as good as I remember it being. :wub: I don't seem to have time for these kind of games now though, despite not actually doing anything in my time.

Also played a bit of FIFA 2001 earlier too, set my PS2 up in the bedroom earlier and gonna start playing that in bed since I never really owned one before. Just ordered the GTA games so will start with those.

HM
Joined in 2008

by HM » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:39 pm

Pokemon Fire Red

Train up Zubat to replace dead bird jesus. Get beasty Golbat who owns the ghost tower and 4th gym for me. Get fly, go to teach it to golbat. Golbat cannot learn fly in gen 3. My face.

The pokemon that can and can't learn fly is so strawberry floating retarded at times. How did it take till gen 4 for golbat to learn fly when pidgey can since gen 1? And Dodrio can fly, how? Just how?

So it's either don't use fly or go get a strawberry floating spearow out of my pc. strawberry floating nuzlocke challenge.

Igor wrote:HM is the man you should all strive to be.
Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:47 pm

Buffalo wrote:

It's hard!

SoK, ma boi!

You're both gooseberry fool ;)

It is the best of all kart racers.

Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

by Pedz » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:55 pm

Brerlappin wrote:RE4 HD
Unpopular opinion incoming, but, im kinda not really enjoying this all that much and i think the cracks are starting to show in the gameplay nowadays. strawberry floating Ashley is so god damn useless, and a total chore to have to look after. The game would be so much better off without her. The tank controls are really showing their age. As much as people rag on RE6, its controls are fantastic and going back to this sluggish tank gooseberry fool is just..ugh. I loved this to death when it came out but i gotta say, revisiting it hasnt been as kind to it as i thought it would be.

I think Resi 4 was best on the Wii.

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:33 am

Tokyo Jungle

How the hell does this game not have a look feature?! :fp: It wouldn't have even had to have been a 3D camera! Just the ability to see half a screen ahead would have sufficed. Or maybe even just the map showing you which way another animal is looking! It was a budget release and so I'm not expecting the world, but then not wanting to run blind into predators or prey is asking too much.

Enjoying the game despite said glaring omission.

Banjo
Joined in 2008

by Banjo » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:03 pm

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

I've never restarted so many missions in a game before. :slol: Terrific.

_wheredoigonow_
andretmzt
Joined in 2008

by andretmzt » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:46 pm

Just wait until you have to reset in one of the extra towers and it sends you back to the start. :dread:

HSH28 wrote:No Last Guardian.
No new exclusive PS4 games.
No longer free MP for PS4.

Microsoft win E3.
Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:27 pm

Resident Evil Revelations on the 3DS. The first boss scared the strawberry float out of me.

This game is very good so far, if it continues like this I may double dip on home console. It's a very tasteful combination of old Resident Evil and new Resident Evil. Some engine drawbacks probably caused by hardware capabilities, but apart from that it looks very nice.

Return to “Archive”