The Podcast Thread

Anything to do with games at all.
Cal
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Podcast Thread.
by Cal » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:09 pm

degoose wrote:due to joypod finishing i have been looking around for more british based gaming podcasts. I found a couple i'm enjoying a fair bit so for anyone who wants something game related but also an interesting listen and funny at times (i don't like it being to serious) i have found Videogamer uk podcast and CVG off the record. Also the recycle bin podcast is a decent listen.

Thanks - I'll subscribe to those recommendations and give them a try. Always on the look-out for good videogame-related podcasts - great for listening to through the working day.

RetroEd
Joined in 2008

by RetroEd » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:23 pm

Ten of my favourites.

• CAGcast
  • Chet & Jon's Reassuringly Finite Gaming Playlist
  • GAMERadio
  • Giant Bombcast
  • GoNintendo
  • In-Game Chat
  • Mojo Radio
  • Player One Podcast
  • Retro Asylum
  • Retronauts

Goker
Joined in 2012

by Goker » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:31 pm

I've been enjoying Regular Features recently. Though, it's not really a videogame podcast.

degoose
Joined in 2008

by degoose » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:33 pm

Cal wrote:
degoose wrote:due to joypod finishing i have been looking around for more british based gaming podcasts. I found a couple i'm enjoying a fair bit so for anyone who wants something game related but also an interesting listen and funny at times (i don't like it being to serious) i have found Videogamer uk podcast and CVG off the record. Also the recycle bin podcast is a decent listen.

Thanks - I'll subscribe to those recommendations and give them a try. Always on the look-out for good videogame-related podcasts - great for listening to through the working day.

no probs, i'd say videogamer UK podcast is the more relaxed kind of podcast where they do go off on tangents and joke but do have some interesting chatter. CVG is pretty good and more straight to the point with news etc. The recycle bin is a bit like midnight resistance. It has a different guest every week , they talk about news ,what they have been playing and then anything else that pops up.

Back in my Play is also a good one for the retro podcasts along with of course retronauts. Back in my Play has done about 20 episodes i think so have already covered off Neo Geo , Super Mario World and Zelda 2.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega"
Steam:degoose, Xbox:degoose v2 , PSN:degoose, Switch: 0760-2133-6729
chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:28 am

Big strawberry floating bump!

Loved last week's Comedy Button. Always great when Anthony is in the room with the rest of them. And he's there again this week before he goes back to Seattle. :wub: The episode a while back when Ryan just randomly took out a comb from his coat pocket and started combing his hair had me lol'ing good even though you couldn't see it, Bromley's reaction was more than enough. Also, Brian's random quip about Jake Busey about a month ago probably had me laughing more than any other moment in the show. Great stuff. The whole gooseberry fool about Max's homemade cockpit is golden, too. That boy is beyond strange. :lol:

Skippy
Joined in 2008

by Skippy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:33 pm

The new Idle Thumbs theme :wub: :wub: :wub:

degoose
Joined in 2008

by degoose » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:27 pm

chalkitdown wrote:Big strawberry floating bump!

Loved last week's Comedy Button. Always great when Anthony is in the room with the rest of them. And he's there again this week before he goes back to Seattle. :wub: The episode a while back when Ryan just randomly took out a comb from his coat pocket and started combing his hair had me lol'ing good even though you couldn't see it, Bromley's reaction was more than enough. Also, Brian's random quip about Jake Busey about a month ago probably had me laughing more than any other moment in the show. Great stuff. The whole gooseberry fool about Max's homemade cockpit is golden, too. That boy is beyond strange. :lol:

Comedy Button has been great as always,fuuny one last week as most of them had been drinking and brian was a bit all over the place. Not sure if anyone else listens to it but Cagcast has been pretty damn good lately as well.

Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:56 pm

I listened to Garnett Lee's new podcast today and it made me realize the things that I liked the most about Weekend Confirmed. Mostly, those bits consisted of Garnett not talking. This means that the new podcast probably isn't for me.

degoose
Joined in 2008

by degoose » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:59 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:I listened to Garnett Lee's new podcast today and it made me realize the things that I liked the most about Weekend Confirmed. Mostly, those bits consisted of Garnett not talking. This means that the new podcast probably isn't for me.

there is also a new one with John Davison and Garnett Lee . I haven't had a listen to it yet but i always liked John's opinions.

Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:05 pm

degoose wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:I listened to Garnett Lee's new podcast today and it made me realize the things that I liked the most about Weekend Confirmed. Mostly, those bits consisted of Garnett not talking. This means that the new podcast probably isn't for me.

there is also a new one with John Davison and Garnett Lee . I haven't had a listen to it yet but i always liked John's opinions.

I like his opinions but can't stand his accent.

Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:19 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:
degoose wrote:

What? British?

Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:28 pm

Floex wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:
degoose wrote:

What? British?

He's been in the US too long to have a British accent. Its more mid atlantic.

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:45 pm

Does he still wank hopelessly over iOS games?

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
Harry Bizzle
Joined in 2008

by Harry Bizzle » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:24 pm

That's pretty much all I remember about him. Had a weird accent of a Brit who's spent too long in the New World and had too much going on to play anything except mobile games.

instagram: @habiz
Cal
Joined in 2008

by Cal » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:30 pm

degoose wrote:

How about you guys let us know which podcasts you are talking about - please? As much as he irritated me, I miss Garnett Lee and John Davison is always interesting to listen to. I'd like to hunt down these two podcasts...

Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:13 pm

If search the iTunes store for Garnett Lee then you'll find the one I'm talking about, it's called something like Garnett on games. I think he's up to about episode 5 or 6.

Adam Ash
Joined in 2008

by Adam Ash » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:51 pm

I've listened to all of the Garnett on Games podcasts. It's ok, bit odd just hearing him on his own and I usually cringe about 3 times per episode.

degoose
Joined in 2008

by degoose » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:14 pm

Cal » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:30 pm wrote:
degoose wrote:

How about you guys let us know which podcasts you are talking about - please? As much as he irritated me, I miss Garnett Lee and John Davison is always interesting to listen to. I'd like to hunt down these two podcasts...

It's called John + Garnett first for gamers .it relates to John Davison's app called first which is a game related app .it's kind of a forum app and news thing .

chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:18 pm

100th episode of 8-4 Play this week. :wub:

chalkitdown
Joined in 2008

by chalkitdown » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:32 am

Anyone watch Rev3 games on YouTube? They seem to be losing people faster than 1UP did back in 2008. First Max left, then Sessler, then Carboni just recently and now Scott Bromley has quit. The hell is going on there? I have no reason to watch that channel anymore now. strawberry float sake. Used to really enjoy it, too. I can't see the channel lasting much longer tbh.

Return to “Games”