The Blog Thread

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Skippy
Member
Joined in 2008

The Blog Thread
Postby Skippy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:38 pm

The Blogs of GRCade

Anneurin - Anny
Banjo - It's Fact Because It's My Opinion
Baron Zemo - 1up Gamer
Brerlappins Little Hat - The Facepalmed Gamer
Clarkman - So It Goes
Dalagonash - Dalagonash's Ramblings
Echarin - The Blog of Many Faces
Emilythestrange - Ginger Wookie
Frank - Frank
Fruits Punch Samurai - Joerayw's Blog
Jazzem - Past Act 1
Karlprof - Karlprof.com
Mafro - He Got Games
Rubix78 - Rubix's Gaming Blog
Skippy - The Video Games Ate My Baby
Spindash - Unreserved Seating
Toxic - Waves
Wyksie - Wyksie's Blog
Last edited by Skippy on Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:46 am, edited 17 times in total.
User avatar
Karl
Administrator
Joined in 2008
AKA: KP
Location: Sector C
Contact:

Re: The Blog Thread - Because Pimping is Wrong
Postby Karl » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:40 pm

It's not a blog per se, but I have lots of gooseberry fool up on karlprof.com* - it's like a portfolio type thing that I keep.

* Some of the application download links don't work yet. I'm so, so sorry. I've let you all down.
User avatar
emilythestrange
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Vekta
Contact:

Re: The Blog Thread - Because Pimping is Wrong
Postby emilythestrange » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:18 pm

I have a blog on blogger, but it's increadibly whiney/hormonal/irrational :oops:

http://emlee-emlee.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Skippy
Member
Joined in 2008

Re: The Blog Thread - Because Pimping is Wrong
Postby Skippy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:21 pm

So like all women's blogs then? :mrgreen: ;)
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

Re: The Blog Thread - Because Pimping is Wrong
Postby Mafro » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:25 pm

Only started it a few months ago - http://www.hegotgames.com
HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Yoshimi
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Near Edinburgh

Re: The Blog Thread - Because Pimping is Wrong
Postby Yoshimi » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:58 pm

It's not the most interesting (or frequently updated) place on t'internet, but I call it home...
www.johntstuart.co.uk
Now Playing: Batman : Arkham Knight (PC), Legend of Grimrock II (PC), Ori and the Blind Forest (PC)
Next up: Metal Gear Soild 5 : The Phantom Pain (PC), Fallout 4 (PC)
User avatar
gaminglegend
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: North East, UK

Re: The Blog Thread - Because Pimping is Wrong
Postby gaminglegend » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:16 pm

emilythestrange wrote:I have a blog on blogger, but it's increadibly whiney/hormonal/irrational :oops:

http://emlee-emlee.blogspot.com/

one of the best blog abouts and blog entries ever - keep it up!
Image
User avatar
Skippy
Member
Joined in 2008

Re: The Blog Thread - Because Pimping is Wrong
Postby Skippy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:37 pm

Out of interest is anyone else going for a career in Journalism other than me.
User avatar
gaminglegend
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: North East, UK

Re: The Blog Thread - Because Pimping is Wrong
Postby gaminglegend » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:51 pm

PsychoPriest wrote:Out of interest is anyone else going for a career in Journalism other than me.


I considered it, as modestly my English A level work was actually great - but in all I decided not to take journalism as a University subject - although Im still interested , but more like Entertianment than gaming.
Image
User avatar
emilythestrange
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Vekta
Contact:

Re: The Blog Thread - Because Pimping is Wrong
Postby emilythestrange » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:14 pm

Yup, and I very gratefully just started at another site (not D+PAD) with "pay prospects", which having done voluntary stuff for two years, I'm very glad about.

Infact I've just emailed in my first piece so fingers crossed it's OK :oops: I keep refreshing my email every 10 seconds.
User avatar
Skippy
Member
Joined in 2008

Re: The Blog Thread - Because Pimping is Wrong
Postby Skippy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:33 pm

I'm still waiting for D-Pad Dave to get back to me with something I sent him. Last year *shakes fist*
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

Re: The Blog Thread - Because Pimping is Wrong
Postby Mafro » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:46 pm

I have written reviews and features for one site but I hope to branch out a bit in the future a.k.a I'm offering my services to anyone that wants them (not in that way :o )
HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Skippy
Member
Joined in 2008

Re: The Blog Thread - Because Pimping is Wrong
Postby Skippy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:47 pm

There was this one guy who was planning to make a site and a magazine, it never materialised though which is pretty much what I expected anyway. Guy was aiming too high.
User avatar
Evil Ted
Member
Joined in 2008

Re: The Blog Thread - Because Pimping is Wrong
Postby Evil Ted » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:10 am

I keep a blog, but I'm not the only person writing in it, it's kind of a collaborative thingie with several other random people.

I used to keep solo ones but they all died when I stopped posting.

It hasn't really got a name yet.
Image
User avatar
Mr Yoshi
Member
Joined in 2008

Re: The Blog Thread - Because Pimping is Wrong
Postby Mr Yoshi » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:56 am

PsychoPriest wrote:Out of interest is anyone else going for a career in Journalism other than me.


Second year journalism student. Number one tip: Get stories in your local paper. It's easy. Spend half an hour doing vox pops, and you'll have something to run with. You should have a bit of range in your work, even if you're just aiming for games journalism - which unless you're lucky, will be difficult to live off in the long run.

And it's 10% writing skill, 90% social skills.
User avatar
Thongings
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Schmocation
Contact:

Re: The Blog Thread - Because Pimping is Wrong
Postby Thongings » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:44 pm

Local paper voxpops *shudder*

I had to do a few voxpops for a local paper, bloody horrible it was. The weird thing was that I was sent out with a camera and I didn't have much trouble getting people to talk, but as soon as you say about taking their picture, they do a runner!
The Artist Formerly Known As CrashHornet
User avatar
Mr Yoshi
Member
Joined in 2008

Re: The Blog Thread - Because Pimping is Wrong
Postby Mr Yoshi » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:43 pm

They're horrible, but they ended up being quite useful for getting news stories. I did mine in the most white and upper-class area of Sydney, and some women ran away from the camera, only to return in different clothes and with their makeup on just to rant about wanting less "ragheads" in the suburb.

Scary neighbourhood.
User avatar
Crimson
Member
Joined in 2008

Re: The Blog Thread - Because Pimping is Wrong
Postby Crimson » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:16 pm

Here's another blog to add to the list: Image

Created by Kev (Deception) but I also write the occasional piece. It's general banter but it's quite game centric at the moment.
User avatar
Fm
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Foolish Mortal

Re: The Blog Thread - Because Pimping is Wrong
Postby Fm » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:09 pm

I started a blog just this week.

http://www.showyourmoves.blogspot.com

I thought I'd make like one entry and get bored, but I've done five already and some of them are quite long. I do hope you enjoy them.
Pedz wrote:recharging shields are gay.
User avatar
Skippy
Member
Joined in 2008

Re: The Blog Thread - Because Pimping is Wrong
Postby Skippy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:28 pm

First post updated, also I'll soon have a new blog up and running.

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bertie, Dandy Kong, degoose, GrinWithoutaKat, JediDragon05, Mafro, Skippy, suzzopher, Yahoo [Bot] and 23 guests