Xbox 360 maintains its lead over the current-generation console market, selling more units in the U.S. than any other console for 14 of the past 15 months. Sustained consumer demand for Xbox 360 and Kinect have helped the console maintain its number one spot in 2011, proving that consumers continue to recognize the excellent value and amazing games and entertainment experiences delivered by Xbox 360. With an exciting holiday sales season coming up, marked by blockbuster game titles and great new hardware offerings, we continue to expect this to be the biggest year in Xbox history, and the distinction of being this year’s best-selling console worldwide.
August 2011 NPD highlights include:
· Holding 43 percent share of the overall current-generation console market, Xbox 360 sold 308,000 units in August, maintaining the number-one console spot in the U.S. for 2011. This marks the sixth month Xbox 360 has had more than 40 percent of the current-generation console market share. (Source: NPD Group, August 2011)
· Total retail spend on the Xbox 360 platform in August (hardware, software and accessories) reached $232 million, the most for any console in the U.S. (Source: NPD Group, August 2011)
· During the month of August, the top two console game titles were for Xbox 360: “Deus Ex: Human Revolution” and “NCAA Football 12.”
With a massive portfolio of new blockbuster and Kinect titles coming this holiday as well as new partnerships like Disney and UFC, Xbox 360 is well-positioned for continued success. Below is a list of some of the top exclusive game titles launching in the coming months.
· September 20: “Gears of War 3”
· October 11: “Forza Motorsport 4”
· October 11: “Kinectimals Now with Bears!”
· October 25: “Dance Central 2”
· October 25: “Kinect Sports: Season Two”
· November 15: “Kinect: Disneyland Adventures”
· November 15: “Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary”
Additionally, the highly-anticipated release of “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3” will launch on November 8.
All of the entertainment, partner support, record growth and sales momentum give us confidence that Xbox 360 will notch another record year.