All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Jump | Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

Which did you enjoy the most?
Dreamcast 16%  16%  [ 17 ]
PlayStation 2 27%  27%  [ 28 ]
Xbox 19%  19%  [ 20 ]
Gamecube 38%  38%  [ 39 ]
Total votes: 104
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:17 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Worst thing about the Gamecube was the piss poor cables they supplied the GC with. The quality of the composite cables was awful, they made the picture look strawberry floating horrible. :fp: Nintendo. They cheaped out on the Wii's cables too.

Sega, on the other hand are strawberry floating awesome. Look at the Dreamcast, the picture quality is still exemplary if you use the VGA mode the DC supported. And the DC's SCART cable supported full RGB mode.

_________________
Image

Prime Directives : Prosecute those who steal memes from other forums. :fp:


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:20 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: I'm on my way...
IAmTheSaladMan wrote:
Beans wrote:
I can't believe so many of you gaylords are voting for the cube. It was probably the worst of the 4.


Have you ever played one? Most people I know that hate on Gamecube have never even played one. The machine is probably worth owning for the Resident Evil remake alone.


REMake + RE0 are the best looking games of that generation. For eye candy, nothing else even comes close.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:22 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Don't they both still use static backgrounds? The real answer is F-zero GX, at that speed, in 4 player splitscreen.

_________________
"exceptionally annoying" - TheTurnipKing


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:44 pm 
Member ♥
User avatar

Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa
Gamecube comes top for me as well; Resident Evil, Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 4, F-Zero GX, Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart: Double Dash and various others that I can't remember right now provided me with literally years of enjoyment.

Then it was the XBox; the advent of Live and PGR2 and Halo 2. Playing with the Poopgang lot on either game was terribly fun. Me, Craig, Thanny and Superking. Good times. Also enjoyed Halo 2 with the guys who used to post on Wakinglimb.

Next is PS2. Great games like Vice City and San Andreas among loads of others, but something never quite clicked with me for some reason. Can't deny that the good games were bloody incredible though.

Then Dreamcast. Nothing much to say about it really, I never owned it during it's initial run and have never had the chance to rectify my lack of experience with the console. Which is a damn shame. Sonic Adventure 2 and House of the Dead 2 were bloody brilliant on it though. :wub:

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:08 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
AKA: SanCarlos
Although I consider the GameCube a better console, having gorged on Metroid Prime, Resi 0 and PSO in the same day and then Wind Waker 2 months later in my first year at Uni I voted Dreamcast because back when I was almost ready to give up gaming as a hobby I got Jet Grind Radio on Import ( :shifty: ) and it restored my faith in the medium. I also lost countless hours in PSO (which got me an interview in GamesTM 8-) ) and have yet to play a Christmas game quite like Shenmue.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Carlos on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:08 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: I'm on my way...
Tineash wrote:
Don't they both still use static backgrounds?


Pre-rendered, yes, but rarely static - it's what made them look so surpassingly lovely...


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:44 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Snowdash wrote:
Even the Gamecube logo screen couldn't melt Beans' heart of stone.

:lol:

It just didn't have enough top quality games. RE4 was amazing and I suppose Prime wasn't bad. Wind Waker was just a gooseberry fool version of OOT with gooseberry fool graphics. Sunshine was awful and everything else was either meh or gooseberry fool.

_________________
Follow me on twitter
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:29 pm 
Member

Joined in 2008
Has to be the PS2. I enjoyed the Xbox and Gamecube but neither had a library of games anywhere near as good as the PS2 managed.

_________________
Sonic Boom is awful. If you buy that abomination or trick someone else into buying it then you deserve pain, misery and suffering.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:35 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland
mic wrote:
IAmTheSaladMan wrote:
Beans wrote:
I can't believe so many of you gaylords are voting for the cube. It was probably the worst of the 4.


Have you ever played one? Most people I know that hate on Gamecube have never even played one. The machine is probably worth owning for the Resident Evil remake alone.


REMake + RE0 are the best looking games of that generation. For eye candy, nothing else even comes close.


That's a pretty bold statement but you'll find few who played those games that will argue with you. If only Capcom gave Resi 2 and 3 the same treatment instead of what amounted to expensive PS1 ports.

Also when I mentioned exclusives earlier I somehow forgot Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door, probably my favourite RPG that generation.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:36 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: B6
Snowdash wrote:
glowy69 wrote:
Snowdash wrote:
Dreamcast crack club. o/


\o/

spinny :wub:


Glowy knows.

THIS IS ONISHIMA REQUESTING AERIAL COVER! SEND IN THE CHOPPERS! AND WHEN YOU FIND THOSE KIDS, DON'T WASTE ANY TIME - JUST NAB 'EM!!!









Image


Soul Caliber :wub:

The xmas advert though :fp:

Also Toy commander
Chu Chu rocket

And mother strawberry floating Shemnue 8-)

_________________
On dying light, 30/01/2015 18:57
Buffalo wrote:
I'll bet someone 55 foils that Glowy will own this game in under 7 days from this post.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:44 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
AKA: SanCarlos
Beans wrote:
Snowdash wrote:
Even the Gamecube logo screen couldn't melt Beans' heart of stone.

:lol:

It just didn't have enough top quality games. RE4 was amazing and I suppose Prime wasn't bad. Wind Waker was just a gooseberry fool version of OOT with gooseberry fool graphics. Sunshine was awful and everything else was either meh or gooseberry fool.


Are you just trying to be Hugo? Could you find no enjoyment in Eternal Darkness, Viewtiful Joe, Tales of Symphonia or F-Zero GX?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:46 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: B6
Wind waker was gooseberry fool?

:|

Get the strawberry float out beans

_________________
On dying light, 30/01/2015 18:57
Buffalo wrote:
I'll bet someone 55 foils that Glowy will own this game in under 7 days from this post.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:00 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
glowy69 wrote:
[Soul Caliber :wub:

The xmas advert though :fp:


Which advert?

_________________
Image Image
Karl wrote:
This is my E3 pledge: I will ban StayDead if Valve do not show Half-Life 3 in the PC gaming zone.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:03 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: B6
NickSCFC wrote:
glowy69 wrote:
[Soul Caliber :wub:

The xmas advert though :fp:


Which advert?


I cant find it but it was santa typing on his DC how he wanted soul caliber..no gameplay nothing at all to sell the game to potential customers :fp:

_________________
On dying light, 30/01/2015 18:57
Buffalo wrote:
I'll bet someone 55 foils that Glowy will own this game in under 7 days from this post.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:31 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Carlos wrote:
Beans wrote:
Snowdash wrote:
Even the Gamecube logo screen couldn't melt Beans' heart of stone.

:lol:

It just didn't have enough top quality games. RE4 was amazing and I suppose Prime wasn't bad. Wind Waker was just a gooseberry fool version of OOT with gooseberry fool graphics. Sunshine was awful and everything else was either meh or gooseberry fool.


Are you just trying to be Hugo? Could you find no enjoyment in Eternal Darkness, Viewtiful Joe, Tales of Symphonia or F-Zero GX?

F zero was alright. Never liked the others

_________________
Follow me on twitter
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:42 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Gamecube :wub:

Although I owned and loved all three.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:43 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Fargo wrote:
Gamecube :wub:

Although I owned and loved all three.


Ahem, there's four :?

_________________
Image Image
Karl wrote:
This is my E3 pledge: I will ban StayDead if Valve do not show Half-Life 3 in the PC gaming zone.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:47 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland
NickSCFC wrote:
Fargo wrote:
Gamecube :wub:

Although I owned and loved all three.


Ahem, there's four :?


One would assume he's not counting the Dreamcast as while it was an impressive piece of kit it was borderline dead on arrival.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:58 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
IAmTheSaladMan wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Fargo wrote:
Gamecube :wub:

Although I owned and loved all three.


Ahem, there's four :?


One would assume he's not counting the Dreamcast as while it was an impressive piece of kit it was borderline dead on arrival.


?

It was part of the last generation and part of this poll

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_(sixth_generation)

_________________
Image Image
Karl wrote:
This is my E3 pledge: I will ban StayDead if Valve do not show Half-Life 3 in the PC gaming zone.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:22 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland
I'm not saying it wasn't part of that generation of machines, only that I could understand why someone might ignore it.

_________________
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Jump | Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

All times are UTC+01:00

Affiliates

Super ONM - Unofficial Nintendo Magazine Forums Sick Kids Save Point Charity Gaming Marathon

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adam Ash, Albear, Alex, deathofcows, Frank, HSH28, IAmTheSaladMan, Minty14, Neo Cortex, NickSCFC, Preezy, Saint of Killers, Trelliz, Yahoo [Bot], Zellery and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited