Almost dead xbox... resell value?

Anything to do with games at all.
JiggerJay
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Almost dead xbox... resell value?
by JiggerJay » Wed May 26, 2010 10:32 am

deadpopstar wrote:
Cats Hate Mangos wrote:On the upside, this has convinced me never to buy a pre-owned xbox, ever.

This.

I dread to think how many knackered 360's are on the pre-owned market as anybody can get an overheating console working for long enough to pass a 2 minute quick test in a shop. When I see the condition of some pre-owned stuff I wonder why the hell the shop has bought them in and who in their right mind would buy them anyway. When you couple this with the cracking bundle deals you can get to secure a brand new minty fresh console it really seems a no brainer.

Luckily you get a 3 month warentee from the shop itself!

Skarjo wrote:You can buy all the fancy houses you want, we still remember you in a bath covered in ketchup for a free copy of CSI.

Instagram Twitter
Lonely Angel
Joined in 2009

by Lonely Angel » Wed May 26, 2010 12:16 pm

I'd only ever buy a pre owned console from cex. Game is gooseberry fool.

JiggerJay
Joined in 2008

by JiggerJay » Wed May 26, 2010 1:25 pm

Lonely Angel wrote:I'd only ever buy a pre owned console from cex. Game is gooseberry fool.

But CEX are gooseberry fool! I have bought preowned stuff from them before to find it was incomplete or scratched to buggery.

Skarjo wrote:You can buy all the fancy houses you want, we still remember you in a bath covered in ketchup for a free copy of CSI.

Instagram Twitter
deadpopstar
Joined in 2010

by deadpopstar » Wed May 26, 2010 2:31 pm

Yeah, tis true about the warranty but is still a buggerance to have to drag faulty stuff back to the store to get sorted. I could never use a pre-owned controller etc either what with all that toe jam and dead skin gunk floating around the sticks! :shifty:

Lonely Angel
Joined in 2009

by Lonely Angel » Wed May 26, 2010 3:05 pm

Yeah discs. But they spend like 20 minutes testing a console, compared to Game who are just YH LUKS GUD and gives you money.

Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Thu May 27, 2010 10:04 pm

deadpopstar wrote:
Cats Hate Mangos wrote:On the upside, this has convinced me never to buy a pre-owned xbox, ever.

This.

I dread to think how many knackered 360's are on the pre-owned market as anybody can get an overheating console working for long enough to pass a 2 minute quick test in a shop. When I see the condition of some pre-owned stuff I wonder why the hell the shop has bought them in and who in their right mind would buy them anyway. When you couple this with the cracking bundle deals you can get to secure a brand new minty fresh console it really seems a no brainer.

:lol: I traded my failing Xbox in at Gamestation 8-)

Never buy a second hand one.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.

Return to “Games”