How to remove "browser choice" in Windows 8?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Death's Head
Joined in 2009

PostHow to remove "browser choice" in Windows 8?
by Death's Head » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:58 pm

The annoying browser choice app has turned up on my tablet and even though I've opted to install Chrome through it, it won't go away. How do you get rid of the damn thing?

Yes?
Mogster
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: How to remove "browser choice" in Windows 8?
by Mogster » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:06 pm

Death's Head wrote:The annoying browser choice app has turned up on my tablet and even though I've opted to install Chrome through it, it won't go away. How do you get rid of the damn thing?

If you just want to get rid of the tile, then just unpin it like anything else. To actually uninstall it though you might have to go through Programs and Features.

I'm Let's Playing my way through the Tomb Raider series: https://www.youtube.com/c/JevanMoss
Death's Head
Joined in 2009

by Death's Head » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:47 am

I removed the tile, but on starting the desktop up pops the browser choice. If you go to add/remove programs, it isn't there. I tried to run "reg" but that seems to just flash up a quick message on the screen (I think it says something about a parameter missing) and then exits so I can't even get to the registry to see if I can disable it. :x

Slightly strawberry floating annoying.

Yes?
Mogster
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Mogster » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:19 pm

Death's Head wrote:I removed the tile, but on starting the desktop up pops the browser choice. If you go to add/remove programs, it isn't there. I tried to run "reg" but that seems to just flash up a quick message on the screen (I think it says something about a parameter missing) and then exits so I can't even get to the registry to see if I can disable it. :x

Slightly strawberry floating annoying.

Regedit is the registry editor, not reg. Apparently you can just disable it from the Start Up tab in the task manager though. Just right click it and select "Disable".

I'm Let's Playing my way through the Tomb Raider series: https://www.youtube.com/c/JevanMoss
Death's Head
Joined in 2009

by Death's Head » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:45 am

Seems to have stopped now. I'll investigate other options if it returns...

Yes?

Return to “Stuff”