earphones

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Tragic Magic
Joined in 2008

Postearphones
by Tragic Magic » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:46 pm

Please can anyone recommend me a pair of earphones that aren't just going to die after a year? I've had 3 sennheisers where the left ear bud has died in a year so tried some RHAs and the exact same thing has happened to these. I like to have the best sound quality but I'm not prepared to pay £30 for something that breaks every time.

Stugene
Member ♥
Joined in 2011
AKA: Handsome Man Stugene

PostRe: earphones
by Stugene » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:50 pm

Taint
Tragic Magic
Joined in 2008

by Tragic Magic » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:03 pm

Thanks pal.

Holpil
Joined in 2008

by Holpil » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:41 pm

They're excellent for the price - I've been using them for 6 months daily and they're holding up very well.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:22 am

Holpil wrote:They're excellent for the price - I've been using them for 6 months daily and they're holding up very well.

Ditto this. I previously had a pair of the Sennheiser CX 300 II - they broke within a year whilst being handled very gently. The SoundMagics are just as good in terms of quality if not better and more durable.

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
more heat than light
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl

by more heat than light » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:47 am

+1 for E10's here too. Although the red ones are far more snazzy. :datass:

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:MHTL is an OG ledge
Floex
Joined in 2008

by Floex » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:14 am

Do the have a volume control on the side by any chance?

*EDIT* No, it's the next model up it seems.

Stugene
Member ♥
Joined in 2011
AKA: Handsome Man Stugene

by Stugene » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:38 pm

Drumstick wrote:
Holpil wrote:They're excellent for the price - I've been using them for 6 months daily and they're holding up very well.

Ditto this. I previously had a pair of the Sennheiser CX 300 II - they broke within a year whilst being handled very gently. The SoundMagics are just as good in terms of quality if not better and more durable.

I found the build quality on the CX 300 II's to be very poor in comparison to the CX 300s. The little sennheiser logos came off the sides after a few weeks, and then the cable burst from the bud. Made the move to the E-10s and after fiddling about with the different plug sizes, found that the double plugs gave the best results in terms of comfort and perfomance.

Wee comfort note: If the metal casing rubs against your ears, try using the double plugs and turning the cables so they go up and over your ears.

Taint
more heat than light
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl

by more heat than light » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:28 am

In case anyone wants a pair of these, theyre on an Amazon lightning deal today at 3pm.

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:MHTL is an OG ledge

Return to “Stuff”