The Politics Thread 3.0

Our best bits.
Hexx
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Hexx » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Lagamorph wrote:
Moggy wrote:I can imagine Corbyn as the sort of bloke that when going for dinner with colleagues says "I don't mind, anywhere will do" and then spends the whole night bitching at the choice that was made.

He'd also be one of those banana splits who orders all the most expensive stuff then demands the bill gets split evenly rather than everyone paying for just what they had.

Oh no way.

He'd totally be someone who ordered Steamed Hummus and collected Rain Water, and then magnanimously insist (without asking, and on everyone's behalf) to split the bill - in a group who varied from "Steak and Wine" to "Salad and Vimto".

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:00 pm

Hexx wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:
Moggy wrote:I can imagine Corbyn as the sort of bloke that when going for dinner with colleagues says "I don't mind, anywhere will do" and then spends the whole night bitching at the choice that was made.

He'd also be one of those banana splits who orders all the most expensive stuff then demands the bill gets split evenly rather than everyone paying for just what they had.

Oh no way.

He'd totally be someone who ordered Steamed Hummus and collected Rain Water, and then magnanimously insist (without asking, and on everyone's behalf) to split the bill - in a group who varied from "Steak and Wine" to "Salad and Vimto".

Hexx is correct. Although when the actual bill arrived I imagine he would be tutting quietly (but so everybody could hear) that people shouldn't order lobster when others only had the hummus and water.

Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:48 pm

Moggy wrote:
Squinty wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Karl wrote:any 'saved' money from the EU fees would have to be spent incentivising businesses to continue to operate in London.

AKA, you don't have to pay us tax!

I was reading a BBC news article the other day where they completed a freedom of information request on the government's letter to Nissan. They got fobbed off pretty much, with government saying the information was nationally sensitive but would be disclosed in the (probably distant) future.

Tax haven here we come.

It will be a tax haven for the rich international companies. I doubt local businesses will see much of a tax break. :lol:

Gotta keep their mates on board.

In other news, strawberry float me, it's embarrassing being from NI. gooseberry fool politicians are gooseberry fool.

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:31 pm

Grumpy David wrote:But as we pay more in than we get out, it's entirely possible that the amount of subsidies for agriculture remains the same, or could even increase.

Andrea Leadsom has previously stated she wants to abolish all farming subsidies and she's now Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs so LOL at those Leave voting farmers.

DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:24 pm

I just don't understand how the moment the NHS stuff was stated to be bullshit within hours of the win, how that wasn't an instant wake up call.

At this point anyone believing this stuff must be gullible as hell. It's nice to hear things you want to believe are true but there's no real evidence to support those views.

The worst bit is it's not like May and the Tories are even good at being maniacal. They are quite clearly crap, but the opposing MPs are too weak and their supporters still revelling in a victory that has yet to happen that they let them get away with it.

The good deal was the one we had. With us with the pound and not the Euro and a huge say in EU policy. That was a masterstroke. You threw it away for some magic beans you absolute strawberry floating idiots.

Also some people will also think you are racist and not just simply misinformed. Good going.

Meep
Joined in 2010

by Meep » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:24 pm

I would be disappointed if there was not a dramatic reduction in land subsidies. A large number of often wealthy individuals receive a small fortunate in money from taxpayers like me every year because of the existing arrangements. If Brexit is happening then at least take the opportunity to end this injustice and spend the money on services were it is desperately needed.

Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:34 pm

Memento Mori wrote:
Grumpy David wrote:But as we pay more in than we get out, it's entirely possible that the amount of subsidies for agriculture remains the same, or could even increase.

Andrea Leadsom has previously stated she wants to abolish all farming subsidies and she's now Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs so LOL at those Leave voting farmers.

Andrea Leadsom is the worst women I've ever met. We dodged a massive bullet when she failed to become prime minister.

Shoe Army
Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:12 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:

Andrea Leadsom is the worst women I've ever met. We dodged a massive bullet when she failed to become prime minister.

What happened? Bad attitude I take it?

Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:23 pm

Memento Mori wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:

What happened? Bad attitude I take it?

Ive met her through work three times, rude, uninterested, pretends to know what she's talking about but her assistant was constantly having to correct and steer her. It was pretty embarrassing.

Shoe Army
Mini E
Doctor
Joined in 2008

by Mini E » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:03 pm

So is this a thing that is actually happening?

That
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Joined in 2008

by That » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:41 pm

Another day, another reprehensible Daily Mail article. :dread:

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:52 pm

Might have a wank to that tomorrow, then.

No, I can't believe I went there either.

Lex-Man
Joined in 2008

by Lex-Man » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:16 am

Wouldn't legs it mean they have to cut off their own legs?

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

by Tomous » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:18 am

That is disgusting from so many different angles

Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:49 am

The Daily Mail everyone.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:17 am

I genuinely thought that was a parody when I saw it this morning. :lol: :fp:

captain red dog
Joined in 2008

by captain red dog » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:30 am

lex-man wrote:Wouldn't legs it mean they have to cut off their own legs?

The legs won't be leaving the body, they just appear external to the union of clothing.

Benzin
Joined in 2011

by Benzin » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:37 am

It's not even a new low for the Mail, but jesus :dread:

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:40 am

Benzin wrote:It's not even a new low for the Mail, but jesus :dread:

For a paper that supported the blackshirts and the Nazis, it would have to go a long way down to reach its low point.

"Legs-it" just shows what the Mail thinks of female leaders, no need to take them seriously as politicians, they have legs!!

Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:51 am

captain red dog wrote:
lex-man wrote:Wouldn't legs it mean they have to cut off their own legs?

The legs won't be leaving the body, they just appear external to the union of clothing.

That's just a kneejerk reaction.

Return to “Archive”