Football Thread 16/17- Cheick Tiote R.I.P.

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Photek
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- Chelsea win the league
by Photek » Tue May 23, 2017 5:13 pm

Benzin wrote:In classic Palace fashion, seems like Sam wants to leave...

Moyes time!

Benzin
Joined in 2011

by Benzin » Tue May 23, 2017 5:17 pm

[/steve_keen.jpg]

darksideby182
Joined in 2008

by darksideby182 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:40 pm

Looks like he's quit odd move thought he could keep them moving up the league with a bit of squad investment.

Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
PuppetBoy
Joined in 2008

by PuppetBoy » Tue May 23, 2017 5:58 pm

twitter.com/WilliamHill/status/867061169672130562

:shifty:

It would make no sense at all. :lol:

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Tue May 23, 2017 6:24 pm

Maybe he really enjoyed his time at Sunderland? It's an odd move if he does go back there though.

Palace must already be favourites to go down next season.

PES Fan
Joined in 2008

by PES Fan » Tue May 23, 2017 6:28 pm

I don't think he'd go back to Sunderland. Watford could be a option for him and they need someone like him.

But the Palace chairman seems like a right banana split out of all this. Probably again mislead another manager like he did with Pullis over the transfer budget and now changed his mind. Wouldn't surprise me if Big Sam requested about three defenders and was told no.

Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Buffalo » Tue May 23, 2017 6:32 pm

Big Sam, I'd have him back in a heartbeat. We're probably beneath him now.

Benzin
Joined in 2011

by Benzin » Tue May 23, 2017 8:09 pm

PES Fan wrote:I don't think he'd go back to Sunderland. Watford could be a option for him and they need someone like him.

But the Palace chairman seems like a right banana split out of all this. Probably again mislead another manager like he did with Pullis over the transfer budget and now changed his mind. Wouldn't surprise me if Big Sam requested about three defenders and was told no.

After Pulis wanted the likes of Crouch, Walters and whoever other old high wage player he wanted (Caulker was found out to be awful and Sigurdsson was never going to Palace)? And then took the bonus early and left two days before season? Then lost in court? Yeah, Parish really is the twat there for not wanting the club to have potential financial ruin for the third time :lol:

Like, if it's over not signing Defoe on a 3 year deal on 120k a week then I'd rather have Parish, he and the Americans cannot be doubted over backing him in January, and FFP actually affects everyone not able to get those dodgy sponsorship deals... Though seems that some are saying he's doing semi retirement, which sounds like bollocks to me after Dowie and Pulis sagas...

I'd rather a chairman actually think of the financial implications anyway then bend to the will of any manager, the club nearly died 7 years ago, and relegation now is an even bigger scare to clubs like Palace...

Lotus
Joined in 2008

by Lotus » Tue May 23, 2017 8:57 pm

Surely the reason Moyes left without compensation was because getting out of Sunderland was a reward in itself. ;)

I hate Allardyce, but why would he want to go back. :? :dread:

Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Tue May 23, 2017 9:03 pm

Real Madrid have allegedly signed a 16 yr old from flamengo for £38m.

Shoe Army
BOR
Joined in 2008

by BOR » Tue May 23, 2017 9:11 pm

Big Sam has left Crystal Palace.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
PuppetBoy
Joined in 2008

by PuppetBoy » Tue May 23, 2017 9:17 pm

Retiring apparently.

bear
Joined in 2008

by bear » Tue May 23, 2017 9:20 pm

Would Allardyce have any trouble with the FAs fit and proper person test if he was involved in a bid for Sunderland?

Only way a return makes any sense to me but honestly the Sunderland link just seems like a way to seperate fool's from their money.

Lotus
Joined in 2008

by Lotus » Tue May 23, 2017 9:21 pm

Good if so, can't stand him.

I see Burnley have released Barton too. Hope he strawberry floats off for good.

Benzin
Joined in 2011

by Benzin » Tue May 23, 2017 9:30 pm

Would be ok with him retiring if it was pre planned rather than so sudden, just feels so dodgy and frustrating that once again in the sticks regarding management... Especially given the difference Sammy Lee and co made...

The list of managers available doesn't exactly scream out quality either... Probably the biggest decision the board have to make now...

PES Fan
Joined in 2008

by PES Fan » Tue May 23, 2017 10:25 pm

Benzin wrote:
PES Fan wrote:I don't think he'd go back to Sunderland. Watford could be a option for him and they need someone like him.

After Pulis wanted the likes of Crouch, Walters and whoever other old high wage player he wanted (Caulker was found out to be awful and Sigurdsson was never going to Palace)? And then took the bonus early and left two days before season? Then lost in court? Yeah, Parish really is the twat there for not wanting the club to have potential financial ruin for the third time :lol:

Like, if it's over not signing Defoe on a 3 year deal on 120k a week then I'd rather have Parish, he and the Americans cannot be doubted over backing him in January, and FFP actually affects everyone not able to get those dodgy sponsorship deals... Though seems that some are saying he's doing semi retirement, which sounds like bollocks to me after Dowie and Pulis sagas...

I'd rather a chairman actually think of the financial implications anyway then bend to the will of any manager, the club nearly died 7 years ago, and relegation now is an even bigger scare to clubs like Palace...

You speaking like if you had Mark Hughes as manager. Pullis has turned West Brom a club who used to flirt with relegation every season to a established premier league side. He probably would have done the same at Palace, if he was given the support. Big Sam would have done the same. He was speaking about transfer targets the other day, so for him to leave after a meeting with the chairman suggests promises weren't kept.

I can see the chairman not being convinced to hand over the reigns if it was somebody like Mark Hughes after what he did at City or QPR. But Pullis and Big Sam have a very good track record of making teams that were relegation threatened into established premier league teams.

Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

by Preezy » Tue May 23, 2017 10:26 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:Real Madrid have allegedly signed a 16 yr old from flamengo for £38m.

Only made his first team debut 10 days ago :lol:

Game's gone mad.

Benzin
Joined in 2011

by Benzin » Tue May 23, 2017 10:58 pm

PES Fan wrote:
Benzin wrote:

You speaking like if you had Mark Hughes as manager. Pullis has turned West Brom a club who used to flirt with relegation every season to a established premier league side. He probably would have done the same at Palace, if he was given the support. Big Sam would have done the same. He was speaking about transfer targets the other day, so for him to leave after a meeting with the chairman suggests promises weren't kept.

I can see the chairman not being convinced to hand over the reigns if it was somebody like Mark Hughes after what he did at City or QPR. But Pullis and Big Sam have a very good track record of making teams that were relegation threatened into established premier league teams.

Pulis wanted Crouch and Walters in amongst his targets, at the time when there was uncertainty of staying up again, certainly not worth it from an owner's pov... Plus his actions of asking for the bonus up front before leaving two days before the season show how much a person he truly is...

Allardyce has released a statement stating it's his decision and taking a step back... And he got given £30million in January, so a lack of backing is hardly a likely reason (especially given Zaha offered a contract and potential chasing of Sakho)...

The club, and others, even with the riches and foreign backing cannot afford to splurge ridiculous amounts on average players... When Lingard is earning 100k a week, caution must be used...

Cue Palace going full ridiculous and getting Mancini in...

Blue Eyes
Joined in 2011

by Blue Eyes » Wed May 24, 2017 12:06 am

Farewell Big Sam. Never got the hatred of him. He was alright. And the FA are banana splits for firing him.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Wed May 24, 2017 7:30 am

Blue Eyes wrote:Farewell Big Sam. Never got the hatred of him. He was alright. And the FA are banana splits for firing him.

I like Big Sam but the FA had no choice in firing him. His greed got the better of him and he rightfully lost the England job.

Return to “Stuff”