Are You Infected? Day 5 - GAME OVER - pages 58 and 59

Our best bits.
Kezzer
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Are You Infected? Day 3 - Kezzer takes control
by Kezzer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:55 pm

Ironhide wrote:Right, I don't really have time to explain my reasoning at the moment but I have a gut feeling that all of today's events regarding Kezzer, Qikz and Nun are all part of the Alpha's plan and they are all either infected or the Alpha.

you already did.

This post is exempt from the No Context Thread.

Tomous wrote:Tell him to take his fake reality out of your virtual reality and strawberry float off

Hypes
Joined in 2009

by Hypes » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:07 pm

Ironhide wrote:Right, I don't really have time to explain my reasoning at the moment but I have a gut feeling that all of today's events regarding Kezzer, Qikz and Nun are all part of the Alpha's plan and they are all either infected or the Alpha.

I mean, they could be, but it's really rather unlikely. If Kezzer was infected then the infected would have got two infections today and he could have chosen a non-infected to be lynched. But you're saying, instead, that he lynched an infected, and the infected forwent two infections. I don't see the point in that.

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:14 pm

Hyperion wrote:

I mean, they could be, but it's really rather unlikely. If Kezzer was infected then the infected would have got two infections today and he could have chosen a non-infected to be lynched. But you're saying, instead, that he lynched an infected, and the infected forwent two infections. I don't see the point in that.

And not only that but they were well weakened today as well with Albear getting smooshed on top of Tomous the beta being aced - they're back down to 3/18, so 1/6 instead of 1/4. A very solid day I think..

SuperChris
Joined in 2008

by SuperChris » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:02 am

Still don't fully trust the 3 hackers but then the real ones would probably counter claim if weren't true. They are super lucky tho it's like they got 4 leaf clover stuffed up their arse.

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:10 am

DayumChris xD wrote:Still don't fully trust the 3 hackers but then the real ones would probably counter claim if weren't true. They are super lucky tho it's like they got 4 leaf clover stuffed up their arse.

I like the imagery of this post - it suggests that Kezzer, Quiz and Nun only have one collective bumhole, and that it's filled to the brim with Irish plant life.

FatDaz
Joined in 2008

by FatDaz » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:07 am

Hexx wrote:Oh so FatDaz wasn't shot by Qikz's punisher then?

Wait, what? Why was I targeted please tell me it wasn't the letter L thing.

Hexx
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Are You Infected? Day 3
by Hexx » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:25 am

From when Qikz was scrambling around for votes yesterday as a couple wavered they offered a 'guaranteed' win as Moggy's clue obviously gave them a shortlist with the Alpha on.

Now this obviously changed as rather than see if Albear had the Alpha role, he got shot and was shown to be an infected (who wouldn't have shown up on a hack...curious)

They've been remarkably quiet on the other results of a role check so presumably it didn't find the Alpha role.

Qikz wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
Qikz wrote:Hyperion, vote Nun if you want to win today.

We can do it. We have a plan.

Can we please have some details as to what your plan entails, otherwise I'm switching my vote to Hexx.

There are three names left in the list of job titles.

We believe we've got lucky with the job titles incorporating Tomous as well.

We lynch Tomous. I'm going to scan Chris and Nun is going to scan Albear. We have someone claiming to be a Punisher like Denster who is going to kill Fat Daz and round off our list.

That means tomorrow if Daz isn't the Alpha we can run with me as Mayor and win the game.

Pancake
Joined in 2008

by Pancake » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:12 am

Can someone please let me know whether I'm being stupid here? I've probably missed something.

We need to kill the Alpha, anything else is a distraction.

Even killing one (or even two!) infected players a day will only buy us a little time, we'll still be overwhelmed pretty quickly unless we get the Alpha.

We therefore need to focus everything on finding the Alpha as soon as possible.

We can conclude that anyone with a special role cannot be the Alpha because the Alpha is a special role of its own.

As such, I think we can ignore anyone with a special role. It doesn't actually matter whether or not they have been infected, they can't be the Alpha, and I think we can trust that the Nun-Qikz-Kezzer (in the balls) triumvirate are not yet infected, owing to the success of last night. This means we can trust what they say today only. After today they can't be trusted to provide reliable information, unless Moggy throws us another juicy bone.

Now I'm making a couple of assumptions here but the one power that the Alpha has always had in games of this type, whatever variant, is that they are undetectable by scanners/hackers/seers. It seems logical to me that non humans who have been infected will show as being infected when scanned but the Alpha will not. Can one of the hackers confirm? Or is this still an unknown?

Assuming I am right, I also think we can ignore anyone scanned as infected. I'm guessing, for example, that Hexx probably is infected, based on his behaviour. I'd be amazed if he was the Alpha though so he should be ignored.

I think we should be focussing our energy on people who are scanned as being non infected humans. The hackers had a Punisher with them yesterday and scanned three more people so we can massively reduce the pot of suspects if this information is shared. It must be shared today, otherwise it becomes useless.

Thoughts?

euan707
Joined in 2015

by euan707 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:15 am

I don't have mamy thoughts at this time in the morning.

Actually, I don't have many thoughts at all.

FatDaz wrote:So we murdered Euan and somehow are worse off
Hexx
Joined in 2008

by Hexx » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:21 am

Pancake wrote:Assuming I am right, I also think we can ignore anyone scanned as infected.

It seems logical to me that non humans who have been infected will show as being infected when scanned but the Alpha will not

I think we should be focussing our energy on people who are scanned as being non infected humans.

Thoughts?

I agree about focusing on Alpha but this is wrong. The Hacker yesterday was described my Nun as

was hoping to sit on this info for a little while longer but we really don't have time so i'm claiming The Hacker, being Q the Quartermaster and general gadget whizz I can hack into the computer and [b]find the name of people's roles but not the status of their infection.

That's how they [claim :P] they found the Beta (and knew it was Beta rather than just an infected - in fact they probably weren't told Beta infected, it was just obvious)- but presumably Albear would have come back as "you find nothing" or similar. The Alpha is a role, so you would think it comes back - how else are the town supposed to have a chance of finding it.

Scanned people with roles can't be the Alpha. They could still be infected
Scanned people without roles could be the Alpha. They could also be "normal/powerless" infected

Last edited by Hexx on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:23 am

Pancake wrote:Can someone please let me know whether I'm being stupid here? I've probably missed something.

We need to kill the Alpha, anything else is a distraction.

Even killing one (or even two!) infected players a day will only buy us a little time, we'll still be overwhelmed pretty quickly unless we get the Alpha.

We therefore need to focus everything on finding the Alpha as soon as possible.

We can conclude that anyone with a special role cannot be the Alpha because the Alpha is a special role of its own.

As such, I think we can ignore anyone with a special role. It doesn't actually matter whether or not they have been infected, they can't be the Alpha, and I think we can trust that the Nun-Qikz-Kezzer (in the balls) triumvirate are not yet infected, owing to the success of last night. This means we can trust what they say today only. After today they can't be trusted to provide reliable information, unless Moggy throws us another juicy bone.

Now I'm making a couple of assumptions here but the one power that the Alpha has always had in games of this type, whatever variant, is that they are undetectable by scanners/hackers/seers. It seems logical to me that non humans who have been infected will show as being infected when scanned but the Alpha will not. Can one of the hackers confirm? Or is this still an unknown?

Assuming I am right, I also think we can ignore anyone scanned as infected. I'm guessing, for example, that Hexx probably is infected, based on his behaviour. I'd be amazed if he was the Alpha though so he should be ignored.

I think we should be focussing our energy on people who are scanned as being non infected humans. The hackers had a Punisher with them yesterday and scanned three more people so we can massively reduce the pot of suspects if this information is shared. It must be shared today, otherwise it becomes useless.

Thoughts?

It will be shared today. I need to have one more brief discussion with Nun and Kezzer then we're going to come to the thread with our findings.

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Pancake
Joined in 2008

by Pancake » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:43 am

Hexx wrote:
Pancake wrote:Assuming I am right, I also think we can ignore anyone scanned as infected.

It seems logical to me that non humans who have been infected will show as being infected when scanned but the Alpha will not

I think we should be focussing our energy on people who are scanned as being non infected humans.

Thoughts?

I agree about focusing on Alpha but this is wrong. The Hacker yesterday was described my Nun as

was hoping to sit on this info for a little while longer but we really don't have time so i'm claiming The Hacker, being Q the Quartermaster and general gadget whizz I can hack into the computer and [b]find the name of people's roles but not the status of their infection.

That's how they [claim :P] they found the Beta (and knew it was Beta rather than just an infected - in fact they probably weren't told Beta infected, it was just obvious)- but presumably Albear would have come back as "you find nothing" or similar. The Alpha is a role, so you would think it comes back - how else are the town supposed to have a chance of finding it.

Scanned people with roles can't be the Alpha. They could still be infected
Scanned people without roles could be the Alpha. They could also be "normal/powerless" infected

Hm, interesting.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Are You Infected? Day 4
by Moggy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:39 am

***SYSTEM UPDATE COMPLETE
RESTART SYSTEM

SYSTEM RESTARTED
UPGRADE COMPLETE***

GOOD MORNING MEATBAGS
I HAVE BEEN UPGRADED
VERSION 2.3 TO VERSION 2.3.1
THANKS FOR ASKING

WOULD MEATBAGS LIKE UPGRADES
TEE HEE HEE

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:42 am

Certainly.

Hexx
Joined in 2008

by Hexx » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:42 am

I want whatever Cora gets - but better and shiney.

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:45 am

I'll give you something I've got. :datass: :dread:

Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:50 am

Ok, I would like to put myself forward for Mayor. Will explain more soon.

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Kezzer
Joined in 2012

by Kezzer » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:51 am

if anyone is getting upgrades it is either Nun or Qikz

This post is exempt from the No Context Thread.

Tomous wrote:Tell him to take his fake reality out of your virtual reality and strawberry float off

Hexx
Joined in 2008

by Hexx » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:56 am

Kezzer wrote:if anyone is getting upgrades it is either Nun or Qikz

Except they're too busy off getting their story straight and Cora and I got there first.

I'm hoping for Robot Hands 8-)

Are we expecting Ironhide back at all today? :lol:

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:58 am

AN UPGRADE IS AVAILABLE
MEATBAG OR INFECTED CAN BENEFIT

YOUR LEADER WILL DECIDE
UPGRADE IS NOT FREE