The Politics Thread 3.0

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by DML » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:40 pm

Denster wrote:It shouldn't make any difference to you at all.


Thats like saying Liverpool winning a trophy shouldn't matter to you.

...but it does.

I feel the world is slightly saner for everyone knowing shes shite.

Image
User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by lex-man » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Tories have lost a vote on the NHS and public sectors pay cap. Although apparently it's non binding so they don't actually have to do anything. Still pretty embarrassing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 45241.html

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Lagamorph » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:07 pm

lex-man wrote:Tories have lost a vote on the NHS and public sectors pay cap. Although apparently it's non binding so they don't actually have to do anything. Still pretty embarrassing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 45241.html

Well the referendum wasn't binding either but they're plowing ahead, so surely they should with this as well.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Denster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:15 pm

DML wrote:
Denster wrote:It shouldn't make any difference to you at all.


Thats like saying Liverpool winning a trophy shouldn't matter to you.

...but it does.

I feel the world is slightly saner for everyone knowing shes shite.

It's nothing like that to be fair but whatever. As long as you're happier.

Moggy wrote:For £350m I'd join the Tory Party. :lol:
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Moggy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:24 pm

Lagamorph wrote:
lex-man wrote:Tories have lost a vote on the NHS and public sectors pay cap. Although apparently it's non binding so they don't actually have to do anything. Still pretty embarrassing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 45241.html

Well the referendum wasn't binding either but they're plowing ahead, so surely they should with this as well.


:lol:

User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by DML » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:00 pm

Denster wrote:
DML wrote:
Denster wrote:It shouldn't make any difference to you at all.


Thats like saying Liverpool winning a trophy shouldn't matter to you.

...but it does.

I feel the world is slightly saner for everyone knowing shes shite.

It's nothing like that to be fair but whatever. As long as you're happier.


Is it because you like May but don't like Liverpool?

I'm really not sure what you're getting at. Why would it not be aggravating to be surrounded by people telling you May is great when you don't believe it? It's much better/easierwhen the wider concensus agrees with me.

That's like saying you shouldn't be annoyed at anything because it's irrational. But everyone gets annoyed? I really don't get what you're angling at. I thought I was just stating common sense (if someone dislikes May).

Image
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Denster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:44 pm

It's that you'd find it unbearable. I just find your language choices strange at times.

Moggy wrote:For £350m I'd join the Tory Party. :lol:
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Denster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:56 pm

Mind you, you use overly dramatic language occasionally. I'm a callous Tory banana split.

I think you'll be fine.
:oops:

Moggy wrote:For £350m I'd join the Tory Party. :lol:
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by DML » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:28 pm

Denster wrote:It's that you'd find it unbearable. I just find your language choices strange at times.


Says the man who with a straight face uses the term 'wally john blacks'.

Image
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Denster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:44 pm

Not in the politics thread. That'd be unbearable.

Moggy wrote:For £350m I'd join the Tory Party. :lol:
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by DML » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:06 pm

Denster wrote:Not in the politics thread. That'd be unbearable.


Hmm. What a strange conversation.

Image
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Denster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:08 pm

Oh come on. I offered a generous olive branch before.

Moggy wrote:For £350m I'd join the Tory Party. :lol:
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by DML » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:11 pm

Denster wrote:Oh come on. I offered a generous olive branch before.


I'm not even arguing. I genuinely dont understand what this conversation is even about. Politics bothering someone shocker? Almost everyone is affected by politics nowadays. I certainly wasn't having a go at the Tory party beyond May.

Image
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Denster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:14 pm

I just found you saying it would be 'unbearable' a little dramatic. I think you're just more passionate about politics than I am.
Didn't think you were having a go at anyone.

Let's just move on to our next disagreement. :P

Moggy wrote:For £350m I'd join the Tory Party. :lol:
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by DML » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:19 pm

Denster wrote:I just found you saying it would be 'unbearable' a little dramatic. I think you're just more passionate about politics than I am.
Didn't think you were having a go at anyone.

Let's just move on to our next disagreement. :P


I don't mind Tory supporters talking up May but when it was my own non Tory supporting family (back when everyone seemed fooled by her) I found that genuinely irksome.

Now people aren't pushing May, it at least feels like an alternative point of view is at least being considered in the current shitshow.

Image
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Denster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:33 pm

Yeah. Paragraphs like that last one are what I'm on about.

Moggy wrote:For £350m I'd join the Tory Party. :lol:
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by DML » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:47 pm

Denster wrote:Yeah. Paragraphs like that last one are what I'm on about.


You find that overblown?

Image
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Denster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:47 pm

Only a little.

Moggy wrote:For £350m I'd join the Tory Party. :lol:
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by Lagamorph » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:50 pm

The official cost to the taxpayer of the Snap Election has been revealed as over £140million

More than £98m was spent on returning officers' fees and £42.5m on delivering election literature.

Last edited by Lagamorph on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Politics Thread 3.0
by DML » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:51 pm

Denster wrote:Only a little.


Lets just say I'm glad we're past that point. Imagine living in a world where we are still leaving the EU but its Labour in charge and everyone you like is saying how wonderful and awesome Corbyn is.

Don't pretend you wouldn't find that annoying! Thats the equivalent.

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, Blue Eyes, BTB, Denster, floydfreak, Grumpy David, Jenuall, lex-man, mic, more heat than light, satriales and 58 guests