Mr. Robot | Psychological thriller. Thursdays on Amazon UK.

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Floex
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Mr. Robot | Psychological thriller. Returns in October.
by Floex » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:17 pm

:mrgreen:

Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Mr. Robot | Psychological thriller. Returns 11th October.
by Monkey Man » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:17 pm

ImageImage
Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Mr. Robot | Psychological thriller. Thursdays on Amazon UK.
by Monkey Man » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:07 am

Back tonight in the US & Thursday on Amazon.

ImageImage
Cuttooth
Joined in 2008

by Cuttooth » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:37 pm

Really great opening episode to the season. It still feels weird seeing Wellick to a great degree after being missing for so long in season two.

Wacky, kind of dumb theory where the show is going:

I think they're basically trying to do The Matrix? With Angela talking about thinking it's now possible to have everything reset before her mum and Elliot's dad died I think they're trying to explore the possibility of mind uploading and transhumanism on a widespread scale.

Mr Robot and White Rose are early experiments in this, with Elliot's dad's consciousness uploaded into a young Elliot and Zheng actually having a sister who was uploaded into him and lives as White Rose. She's able to handle this better by knowingly coexisting and living as a transgender woman compared to Elliot/Mr Robot. That second part might be a kind of gross way to unnecessarily try to 'explain' why White Rose lives as a transgender woman though.

The end goal I guess being to use people as data storage to enable longevity and dream worlds? Maybe even clones judging by that weird as strawberry float thing with that little girl who looks like a young Angela.

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF

by Mafro » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:47 pm

Ive got absolutely no memory of what happened in last season's finale.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
smurphy
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child

by smurphy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Cuttooth wrote:Wacky, kind of dumb theory where the show is going:

I think they're basically trying to do The Matrix? With Angela talking about thinking it's now possible to have everything reset before her mum and Elliot's dad died I think they're trying to explore the possibility of mind uploading and transhumanism on a widespread scale.

Mr Robot and White Rose are early experiments in this, with Elliot's dad's consciousness uploaded into a young Elliot and Zheng actually having a sister who was uploaded into him and lives as White Rose. She's able to handle this better by knowingly coexisting and living as a transgender woman compared to Elliot/Mr Robot. That second part might be a kind of gross way to unnecessarily try to 'explain' why White Rose lives as a transgender woman though.

The end goal I guess being to use people as data storage to enable longevity and dream worlds? Maybe even clones judging by that weird as strawberry float thing with that little girl who looks like a young Angela.

I was thinking it was hinting at something like that. I hope it was planned from the start, if so. Each season has had some big twist on the perception of reality, so it makes sense the entire show would, too.

I like how they included Theresa May in the montage shots of the world going to hell. :lol:

Return to “Stuff”