The Wrestling Thread: WWE WrestleMania XL - 6/7 April 2024

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
BAKA
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III: WWE Elimination Chamber - TONIGHT 12am, WWE Network
by BAKA » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:50 am

Predictable, but hugely enjoyable match. Did not expect Bliss to hit a Twisted Bliss from on top of one of the pods. James is really bringing the crazy at the moment. Great performance from Banks too. Bliss delivering a great heel promo at the end 8-)

BAKA
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III: WWE Elimination Chamber - TONIGHT 12am, WWE Network
by BAKA » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:56 am

Booking really just don't know what to do with Hardy or Wyatt. Didn't end as flatly as their last match. Matt was selling like a trooper, I just wish they'd figure out a payoff.

Tag match was redundant, Asuka and Jax ended well, I feel like they've had a better match in the past though (NXT?). Not the slightest bit interested in this contract signing.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:13 am

I guess we’re finally getting Ronda and The Rock (or Angle) against Hunter and Stephanie.

BAKA
Joined in 2008

by BAKA » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:18 am

Not sure how I felt about that. Angle & Rousey both delivered that pretty poorly. The crowd seemed mixed (were they shouting 'You sold out'?). It looked like she might burst into tears, she even walked bizarrely leaving. I think the typical WWE crowd will smell blood and break her. Can you imagine her delivering a promo to a post-Mania Raw crowd?

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:26 am

The segment was off the rails until the last 5 minutes, though the whole set-up was all rather hokey.

If she proves to be good in the ring I think she’ll probably win the crowd over in the end.

I can see them heading towards an undefeated Asuka against her for SummerSlam, if not earlier.

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:32 pm

The clip of the contract signing WWE uploaded to their YouTube is hilarious. Edited version of the segment followed by a nice slo-mo version of Steph slapping Rousey because obviously.

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
CuriousOyster
Joined in 2008

by CuriousOyster » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:38 pm

Love Braun but jesus he ruined that EC match. Boring.

Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:46 pm

WWE (Vince) really can be stupid sometimes. It’s been clear for months now that Strowman should be the one facing Lesnar. Especially if Lesnar is leaving after wrestlemania. Absolutely nothing will be achieved by having Reigns beat Lesnar at Mania. For this to have worked Strowman should also not have faced Lesnar in the triple threat recently that would have required wwe (Vince) to have been even more on the ball.

On Ronda. She as expected is looking awful on the mic. This was obvious as she has always seemed uncomfortable on the mic in ufc as well. Hopefully she will be decent in the ring, which I expect her to be.

On the wrestlemania match though, if it’s the Rock as her partner then awesome (to me anyway). If it’s Angle then again WWE screwed up big time by panicking and using Angle twice last year when they really didn’t need to. If this was his big wrestling return then it would have meant something now it will just be almost a throw away segment, part of the wrestlemania experience.

Yid Army
KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:18 pm

The international edit of RAW is real hard work this week: back-to-back-to-back promos. Currently at half an hour and it’s still talk. :fp:

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread III
by ITSMILNER » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:33 am

What’s the rumoured card for WrestleMania this year then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:52 am

John Cena vs. The Undertaker
WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns
WWE Champion AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
Ronda Rousey and Kurt Angle (or long shot The Rock) vs. Triple H and Stephanie McMahon
WWE RAW Women's Champion Alexa Bliss vs. Asuka
WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz vs. Seth Rollins vs. Fin Balor (vs. ?)
Finals of the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Maybe Sasha Banks vs. Bayley

Don't know what Braun Strowman is doing yet.

shadow202
Joined in 2012

PostRe: RE: Re: The Wrestling Thread III
by shadow202 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:01 am

KK wrote:John Cena vs. The Undertaker
Ronda Rousey and Kurt Angle (or long shot The Rock) vs. Triple H and Stephanie McMahon

Also Charlotte will surely be defending her title

captain red dog
Joined in 2008

by captain red dog » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:47 pm

I don't see the appeal of Reigns vs Brock. We have all known since last WrestleMania that this match was happening and that Reigns will be going over. I don't see why they continually have to telegraph the result of Mania a year in advance.

PES Fan
Joined in 2008

by PES Fan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:59 pm

KK wrote:John Cena vs. The Undertaker

Don’t see Asuka facing Alexa.

Thought they had her beat Alexa, Bayley, Sasha and Nia, so she can make the switch to Smackdown. I think she’d end up facing Charlotte, once she wins at fast lane. Sasha will take on Bayley then we’d be left with Nia vs Alexa.

Apparently Rey vs Cena is another rumoured match.

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:28 pm

Alberto Del Rio is on 5 Star Wrestling tonight, Rey Mysterio is not on the show due to a family emergency

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:45 pm

I tuned in at 7pm and they were showing highlights from last week and then again at around 7:30pm and it was still highlights so I presumed it was cancelled due to the weather. 5 Star Wrestling’s Twitter wasn’t much help either.

There’s barely anybody in the crowd tonight.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:14 pm

WWE has gone and announced a second Royal Rumble for April, this one from Saudia Arabia! They’re calling it the “Greatest Royal Rumble” as it’s going to feature a 50 man Rumble. They said broadcasting is to be announced in the coming weeks, so sounds like it will be a Network Show.

Slimgrady
Joined in 2010

by Slimgrady » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:15 pm

Jesus, they’re really taking the piss with trying to “make history” these days, with all the first evers and biggest evers, they kind of lose their impact when they’re constant. 50 men though?! That’s a lot of jobbers to fly out!

Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Rog » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:40 pm

Rousey isn't just gooseberry fool, she's ultra gooseberry fool. Won't be with the company this time next year. Couldn't even time saying one word correctly and then gave the worst samoan drop I've ever seen.

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:09 pm

Steph's new hair has aged her about 10 years.

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter

Return to “Stuff”