US Politics - Trump cancels summit having to do with North Korea

Our best bits.
User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics - $4.4 million paid into Trump's lawyer's shell company by Russian oligarch, AT&T etc
by Karl » Wed May 09, 2018 12:28 pm

Moggy wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Preezy wrote:So they burnt (burned? burnt?) a US flag in the Iranian parliament after Trump's decision yesterday :fp:

That'll help, good job.


I have never understood why people are so offended by a flag being burnt, I’m not much of a flag person though.


My friend was head of protocol at Wimbledon during the Olympics. During the final, the US flag fell off its post to the floor and she had to write a grovelling letter of apology to the office of Michelle Obama, who was in attendance, as the flag hitting the ground is seen as a grave insult according to tradition.


That’s amazing :lol:


It really is. :lol: The whole American flag 'thing' they have over there is so so weird.

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - $4.4 million paid into Trump's lawyer's shell company by Russian oligarch, AT&T etc
by Peter Crisp » Wed May 09, 2018 12:37 pm

Lagamorph wrote:Burning is the recommended way of disposing of a flag that's no longer suitable for display.


I love the fact that Americans go around with the flag draped on cars when it's not allowed by the flag rules they bang on about.

https://www.almanac.com/content/america ... guidelines

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics - $4.4 million paid into Trump's lawyer's shell company by Russian oligarch, AT&T etc
by Alvin Flummux » Wed May 09, 2018 12:52 pm

Karl wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Preezy wrote:So they burnt (burned? burnt?) a US flag in the Iranian parliament after Trump's decision yesterday :fp:

That'll help, good job.


I have never understood why people are so offended by a flag being burnt, I’m not much of a flag person though.


My friend was head of protocol at Wimbledon during the Olympics. During the final, the US flag fell off its post to the floor and she had to write a grovelling letter of apology to the office of Michelle Obama, who was in attendance, as the flag hitting the ground is seen as a grave insult according to tradition.


That’s amazing :lol:


It really is. :lol: The whole American flag 'thing' they have over there is so so weird.


The Cult of the Flag is no laughing matter.

Fetch me old brown trousers, bring them to me now, I'll wear them in the rigging as they fire across the bow. Fetch me old brown trousers, I fear we may be hit, for even if they shoot me now, they'll never see me... ;)
User avatar
Harry Ola
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - $4.4 million paid into Trump's lawyer's shell company by Russian oligarch, AT&T etc (p803)
by Harry Ola » Wed May 09, 2018 12:54 pm


Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - $4.4 million paid into Trump's lawyer's shell company by Russian oligarch, AT&T etc
by Moggy » Wed May 09, 2018 12:55 pm

Karl wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Preezy wrote:So they burnt (burned? burnt?) a US flag in the Iranian parliament after Trump's decision yesterday :fp:

That'll help, good job.


I have never understood why people are so offended by a flag being burnt, I’m not much of a flag person though.


My friend was head of protocol at Wimbledon during the Olympics. During the final, the US flag fell off its post to the floor and she had to write a grovelling letter of apology to the office of Michelle Obama, who was in attendance, as the flag hitting the ground is seen as a grave insult according to tradition.


That’s amazing :lol:


It really is. :lol: The whole American flag 'thing' they have over there is so so weird.


Their whole patriotism/nationalism thing is weird. Just look at how they react when an NFL player dares to kneel during the national anthem.

To be that offended over a flag or an anthem must come from a sense of deep insecurity.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - $4.4 million paid into Trump's lawyer's shell company by Russian oligarch, AT&T etc
by Jenuall » Wed May 09, 2018 12:57 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:Burning is the recommended way of disposing of a flag that's no longer suitable for display.


I love the fact that Americans go around with the flag draped on cars when it's not allowed by the flag rules they bang on about.

https://www.almanac.com/content/america ... guidelines


Blimey, there's some cray gooseberry fool in there.

The flag should be displayed on all days, especially on... <List of Special Dates>


What is that all about - if I'm displaying it on ALL days how come I need a separate list of "special days" on which to display it? Do I have to draw more attention to it on those days? Paint it strawberry floating gold or something? :lol:

"Howdy - I'd like to point out that this here flag is "SPECIALLY" on display today! Not like one of them there regular days!"

ImageImage
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - $4.4 million paid into Trump's lawyer's shell company by Russian oligarch, AT&T etc
by Tafdolphin » Wed May 09, 2018 12:59 pm

Karl wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Preezy wrote:So they burnt (burned? burnt?) a US flag in the Iranian parliament after Trump's decision yesterday :fp:

That'll help, good job.


I have never understood why people are so offended by a flag being burnt, I’m not much of a flag person though.


My friend was head of protocol at Wimbledon during the Olympics. During the final, the US flag fell off its post to the floor and she had to write a grovelling letter of apology to the office of Michelle Obama, who was in attendance, as the flag hitting the ground is seen as a grave insult according to tradition.


That’s amazing :lol:


It really is. :lol: The whole American flag 'thing' they have over there is so so weird.


The best thing was, Mrs Obama didn't give a gooseberry fool in person. My friend apologised profusely after the ceremony and Michelle was apparently completely cool with it. Also, she was as awesome in person as you'd expect her to be, apparently.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: US Politics - $4.4 million paid into Trump's lawyer's shell company by Russian oligarch, AT&T etc
by Preezy » Wed May 09, 2018 1:00 pm

Jenuall wrote:What is that all about - if I'm displaying it on ALL days how come I need a separate list of "special days" on which to display it? Do I have to draw more attention to it on those days? Paint it strawberry floating gold or something? :lol:

Painting the flag gold is a US Federal Offence, punishment is a mandatory 25 year stint at Guantanamo Bay.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - $4.4 million paid into Trump's lawyer's shell company by Russian oligarch, AT&T etc
by Jenuall » Wed May 09, 2018 1:05 pm

Preezy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:What is that all about - if I'm displaying it on ALL days how come I need a separate list of "special days" on which to display it? Do I have to draw more attention to it on those days? Paint it strawberry floating gold or something? :lol:

Painting the flag gold is a US Federal Offence, punishment is a mandatory 25 year stint at Guantanamo Bay.


Bring it on! :nod:

That list has loads of contradictory stuff in it as well, such as:

The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.


So not like you do during military funerals then?

All the stuff about the US flag having the most prominent position compared to any other flags is just so childish. :fp:

ImageImage
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - $4.4 million paid into Trump's lawyer's shell company by Russian oligarch, AT&T etc (p803)
by Peter Crisp » Wed May 09, 2018 1:10 pm

Preezy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:What is that all about - if I'm displaying it on ALL days how come I need a separate list of "special days" on which to display it? Do I have to draw more attention to it on those days? Paint it strawberry floating gold or something? :lol:

Painting the flag gold is a US Federal Offence, punishment is a mandatory 25 year stint at Guantanamo Bay.


That's another part of the US that really amazes me.
They go on and on about being the freeist (sp?) country on earth but the US police all seem to be ultra authoritarian twats who see nothing wrong with physically assaulting you for simply questioning them.
The recent example of the 2 black guys in starbucks is a good example they'd been in the shop just 3 minutes when the cops were called and arrived a minute later and they arrested them. How bad does a country need to get when you can't even wait for a friend at a coffee shop for a few minutes without thinking you may get arrested?
strawberry floating hell, half of the people who shop in WH Smiths would be in prison by now for the crime of reading a magazine without paying for it.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Benzin
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: US Politics - $4.4 million paid into Trump's lawyer's shell company by Russian oligarch, AT&T etc (p803)
by Benzin » Wed May 09, 2018 1:11 pm

What about if they come second or third at the Olympics and the other flags HAVE to be higher? :dread:

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: US Politics - $4.4 million paid into Trump's lawyer's shell company by Russian oligarch, AT&T etc (p803)
by Preezy » Wed May 09, 2018 1:13 pm

You read a magazine without paying for it? Povvo scum.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - $4.4 million paid into Trump's lawyer's shell company by Russian oligarch, AT&T etc (p803)
by Moggy » Wed May 09, 2018 1:17 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:They go on and on about being the freeist (sp?) country on earth


They are not free and they never have been.

They have been told all of their lives that they are the freest nation on the planet and they believe it. But it’s not actually true. strawberry float, they were not even a (pisspoor) democracy until the 1960s. :lol:

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: US Politics - $4.4 million paid into Trump's lawyer's shell company by Russian oligarch, AT&T etc (p803)
by Lagamorph » Wed May 09, 2018 1:17 pm


Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - $4.4 million paid into Trump's lawyer's shell company by Russian oligarch, AT&T etc (p803)
by Moggy » Wed May 09, 2018 1:18 pm

Benzin wrote:What about if they come second or third at the Olympics and the other flags HAVE to be higher? :dread:


They don’t ever come second or third. USA IS NUMBER ONE.

USA USA USA USA USA

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - $4.4 million paid into Trump's lawyer's shell company by Russian oligarch, AT&T etc (p803)
by Peter Crisp » Wed May 09, 2018 1:18 pm

Preezy wrote:You read a magazine without paying for it? Povvo scum.


Only the parts of the mag I'm uninterested in so I have all the good stuff to read after I buy it.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - $4.4 million paid into Trump's lawyer's shell company by Russian oligarch, AT&T etc (p803)
by Peter Crisp » Wed May 09, 2018 1:25 pm

Moggy wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:They go on and on about being the freeist (sp?) country on earth


They are not free and they never have been.

They have been told all of their lives that they are the freest nation on the planet and they believe it. But it’s not actually true. strawberry float, they were not even a (pisspoor) democracy until the 1960s. :lol:


I had so many, many arguments on the US politics forum about the fact that the US is not a democracy but a republic.
Holding democratic elections doesn't count apparently.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - $4.4 million paid into Trump's lawyer's shell company by Russian oligarch, AT&T etc (p803)
by Hexx » Wed May 09, 2018 1:28 pm



(Follows a Fox story on the 01%)

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - $4.4 million paid into Trump's lawyer's shell company by Russian oligarch, AT&T etc (p803)
by Peter Crisp » Wed May 09, 2018 1:37 pm

It really honestly never occurs to him to wonder why 90% of the coverage is negative.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - $4.4 million paid into Trump's lawyer's shell company by Russian oligarch, AT&T etc (p803)
by Moggy » Wed May 09, 2018 1:38 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:They go on and on about being the freeist (sp?) country on earth


They are not free and they never have been.

They have been told all of their lives that they are the freest nation on the planet and they believe it. But it’s not actually true. strawberry float, they were not even a (pisspoor) democracy until the 1960s. :lol:


I had so many, many arguments on the US politics forum about the fact that the US is not a democracy but a republic.
Holding democratic elections doesn't count apparently.


It seems a bit pedantic to argue over whether it is a republic or a democracy.

But it certainly wasn’t a free democracy up until the 1960s, when some members of society were not even allowed to use the front doors of a concert hall and were banned from drinking water from certain drinking fountains. And that’s before we even get into voting…

It’s a piss poor democracy now (as is the UK!) but they really don’t have a very long history of democracy.


Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests