World Cup 2018

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRC-SRB, GER-MEX, BRA-SWI
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:32 am

PES Fan wrote:
Drumstick wrote:Anyone else watching the documentary on BBC2? What the press did to Sven was strawberry floating unforgivable.


Sven also had the small issue of not being able to keep his dick in his pants.

Capello was hounded, but not to the extent of Sven because he wasn’t going around cheating on his wife. Sven made himself a easy target by doing that


You think it's acceptable for the press to do what they did because Eriksson's private life was in disarray?

Image Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRC-SRB, GER-MEX, BRA-SWI
by Moggy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:34 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:
PES Fan wrote:
Drumstick wrote:Anyone else watching the documentary on BBC2? What the press did to Sven was strawberry floating unforgivable.


Sven also had the small issue of not being able to keep his dick in his pants.

Capello was hounded, but not to the extent of Sven because he wasn’t going around cheating on his wife. Sven made himself a easy target by doing that


You think it's acceptable for the press to do what they did because Eriksson's private life was in disarray?


He thinks Sven was married so I’m not sure we should take what he said seriously. ;)

PES Fan
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRC-SRB, GER-MEX, BRA-SWI
by PES Fan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:39 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:
PES Fan wrote:
Drumstick wrote:Anyone else watching the documentary on BBC2? What the press did to Sven was strawberry floating unforgivable.


Sven also had the small issue of not being able to keep his dick in his pants.

Capello was hounded, but not to the extent of Sven because he wasn’t going around cheating on his wife. Sven made himself a easy target by doing that


You think it's acceptable for the press to do what they did because Eriksson's private life was in disarray?


Read what I said. He made himself a easy target.

He was bedding high profile women who then sold their story to the press. So of course the press were going to go after him. As England manager you are always a target and he made himself a easier target due to cheating on his wife. Capello wasn’t treated the same as Sven was he? I rarely saw anything about Capello on the front page. Maybe because he wasn’t going around bedding TV presenters and his secretary.

PES Fan
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRC-SRB, GER-MEX, BRA-SWI
by PES Fan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:41 am

Moggy wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
PES Fan wrote:
Drumstick wrote:Anyone else watching the documentary on BBC2? What the press did to Sven was strawberry floating unforgivable.


Sven also had the small issue of not being able to keep his dick in his pants.

Capello was hounded, but not to the extent of Sven because he wasn’t going around cheating on his wife. Sven made himself a easy target by doing that


You think it's acceptable for the press to do what they did because Eriksson's private life was in disarray?


He thinks Sven was married so I’m not sure we should take what he said seriously. ;)


Alright girlfriend then.

Not sure it makes any difference. Cheating is still a banana splitish thing to do to anyone.

I lost a lot of respect for Giggs as a man when his whole story came out.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRC-SRB, GER-MEX, BRA-SWI
by Moggy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:42 am

PES Fan wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
PES Fan wrote:
Drumstick wrote:Anyone else watching the documentary on BBC2? What the press did to Sven was strawberry floating unforgivable.


Sven also had the small issue of not being able to keep his dick in his pants.

Capello was hounded, but not to the extent of Sven because he wasn’t going around cheating on his wife. Sven made himself a easy target by doing that


You think it's acceptable for the press to do what they did because Eriksson's private life was in disarray?


Read what I said. He made himself a easy target.

He was bedding high profile women who then sold their story to the press. So of course the press were going to go after him. As England manager you are always a target and he made himself a easier target due to cheating on his wife. Capello wasn’t treated the same as Sven was he? I rarely saw anything about Capello on the front page. Maybe because he wasn’t going around bedding TV presenters and his secretary.


He wasn’t married, he had no wife.

Your argument is basically the same as “well what did she expect to happen wearing a short skirt like that!”.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRC-SRB, GER-MEX, BRA-SWI
by Moggy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:44 am

PES Fan wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
PES Fan wrote:
Drumstick wrote:Anyone else watching the documentary on BBC2? What the press did to Sven was strawberry floating unforgivable.


Sven also had the small issue of not being able to keep his dick in his pants.

Capello was hounded, but not to the extent of Sven because he wasn’t going around cheating on his wife. Sven made himself a easy target by doing that


You think it's acceptable for the press to do what they did because Eriksson's private life was in disarray?


He thinks Sven was married so I’m not sure we should take what he said seriously. ;)


Alright girlfriend then.

Not sure it makes any difference. Cheating is still a banana splitish thing to do to anyone.

I lost a lot of respect for Giggs as a man when his whole story came out.


It’s a banana splitish thing to do, but it’s nothing to do with anybody else. The papers ought to leave people’s personal lives alone, unless there is a reason to bring it up, e.g. a politician preaching family values while cheating.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRC-SRB, GER-MEX, BRA-SWI
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:45 am

It runs close to victim blaming - cheating is a horrible, scummy thing to do and I have no respect for Sven as a man, but very few people deserve to be dragged over hot coals like he was, especially by Mazher Mahmood. Sven wasn't one of them.

Image Image
PES Fan
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRC-SRB, GER-MEX, BRA-SWI
by PES Fan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:54 am

Moggy wrote:
PES Fan wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
PES Fan wrote:
Drumstick wrote:Anyone else watching the documentary on BBC2? What the press did to Sven was strawberry floating unforgivable.


Sven also had the small issue of not being able to keep his dick in his pants.

Capello was hounded, but not to the extent of Sven because he wasn’t going around cheating on his wife. Sven made himself a easy target by doing that


You think it's acceptable for the press to do what they did because Eriksson's private life was in disarray?


He thinks Sven was married so I’m not sure we should take what he said seriously. ;)


Alright girlfriend then.

Not sure it makes any difference. Cheating is still a banana splitish thing to do to anyone.

I lost a lot of respect for Giggs as a man when his whole story came out.


It’s a banana splitish thing to do, but it’s nothing to do with anybody else. The papers ought to leave people’s personal lives alone, unless there is a reason to bring it up, e.g. a politician preaching family values while cheating.


He was a high profile celeb. There is no such thing as a private life when you are in his position. He was even happy to discuss these affairs in his autobiography ffs.

I’m just stating the facts like if he managed to keep his dick in his pants like Capello and the tons of other England managers before and after him then he probably would have avoided this unwanted attention. He probably would have spent more time on the back pages rather than front pages.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRC-SRB, GER-MEX, BRA-SWI
by Drumstick » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:54 am

And these scandals always conveniently seemed to break right before a big tournament. banana splits of the highest order.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRC-SRB, GER-MEX, BRA-SWI
by Moggy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:57 am

PES Fan wrote:
Moggy wrote:
PES Fan wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
PES Fan wrote:
Drumstick wrote:Anyone else watching the documentary on BBC2? What the press did to Sven was strawberry floating unforgivable.


Sven also had the small issue of not being able to keep his dick in his pants.

Capello was hounded, but not to the extent of Sven because he wasn’t going around cheating on his wife. Sven made himself a easy target by doing that


You think it's acceptable for the press to do what they did because Eriksson's private life was in disarray?


He thinks Sven was married so I’m not sure we should take what he said seriously. ;)


Alright girlfriend then.

Not sure it makes any difference. Cheating is still a banana splitish thing to do to anyone.

I lost a lot of respect for Giggs as a man when his whole story came out.


It’s a banana splitish thing to do, but it’s nothing to do with anybody else. The papers ought to leave people’s personal lives alone, unless there is a reason to bring it up, e.g. a politician preaching family values while cheating.


He was a high profile celeb. There is no such thing as a private life when you are in his position. He was even happy to discuss these affairs in his autobiography ffs.

I’m just stating the facts like if he managed to keep his dick in his pants like Capello and the tons of other England managers before and after him then he probably would have avoided this unwanted attention. He probably would have spent more time on the back pages rather than front pages.


He wasn’t a “high profile celeb” he was a football manager.

I understand that the press report on things like this. The point is that they shouldn’t, it’s not relevant to their jobs.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRC-SRB, GER-MEX, BRA-SWI
by Drumstick » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:13 am

Tunisia manager's take on Dele:

He is an excellent player. A great player, he is the future of the English national team. He can play anywhere, in midfield, behind the forward or as a forward. He is better than, say, Philippe Coutinho. It's very important because we know about the link-up play between Alli and Kane, they find each other easily on the pitch. They play together all season so that's very important. If we manage to split this partnership on the pitch, it will be very good. This is the message I'm telling my players.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
PES Fan
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRC-SRB, GER-MEX, BRA-SWI
by PES Fan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:16 am

Moggy wrote:
PES Fan wrote:
Moggy wrote:
PES Fan wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
PES Fan wrote:
Drumstick wrote:Anyone else watching the documentary on BBC2? What the press did to Sven was strawberry floating unforgivable.


Sven also had the small issue of not being able to keep his dick in his pants.

Capello was hounded, but not to the extent of Sven because he wasn’t going around cheating on his wife. Sven made himself a easy target by doing that


You think it's acceptable for the press to do what they did because Eriksson's private life was in disarray?


He thinks Sven was married so I’m not sure we should take what he said seriously. ;)


Alright girlfriend then.

Not sure it makes any difference. Cheating is still a banana splitish thing to do to anyone.

I lost a lot of respect for Giggs as a man when his whole story came out.


It’s a banana splitish thing to do, but it’s nothing to do with anybody else. The papers ought to leave people’s personal lives alone, unless there is a reason to bring it up, e.g. a politician preaching family values while cheating.


He was a high profile celeb. There is no such thing as a private life when you are in his position. He was even happy to discuss these affairs in his autobiography ffs.

I’m just stating the facts like if he managed to keep his dick in his pants like Capello and the tons of other England managers before and after him then he probably would have avoided this unwanted attention. He probably would have spent more time on the back pages rather than front pages.


He wasn’t a “high profile celeb” he was a football manager.

I understand that the press report on things like this. The point is that they shouldn’t, it’s not relevant to their jobs.


These stories sell papers, so they never are going to stop. It’s not a Sunday league manager.

When Rooney was getting ridiculed on here last year for cheating. I didn’t see you telling everyone to stop because it’s his private life.

Sven was clearly happy to discuss these affairs in his autobiography. Which is a weird thing to do for a ex manager or player as he could have told hundreds of other stories about his life as a manager rather than his sex scandals. He could have told us why he picked Vassell. Even Rooney made no mention of his infidelities in his book.

Drumstick wrote:And these scandals always conveniently seemed to break right before a big tournament. banana splits of the highest order.


To be fair there never was one under Hodgson that I can recall in the last three tournaments.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRC-SRB, GER-MEX, BRA-SWI
by Moggy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:20 am

There’s a big difference between a paper prying into somebody’s personal life and that person choosing to write about it themselves. Especially when they write about it after the papers have already ripped them apart for it.

I understand why the papers do it. I understand they are always going to do it. But I disagree that they should do it.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRC-SRB, GER-MEX, BRA-SWI
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:44 am

Drumstick wrote:Tunisia manager's take on Dele:

He is an excellent player. A great player, he is the future of the English national team. He can play anywhere, in midfield, behind the forward or as a forward. He is better than, say, Philippe Coutinho. It's very important because we know about the link-up play between Alli and Kane, they find each other easily on the pitch. They play together all season so that's very important. If we manage to split this partnership on the pitch, it will be very good. This is the message I'm telling my players.


Didn't realise Danny Murphy had made the switch from pundit to international manager.

Image Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRC-SRB, GER-MEX, BRA-SWI
by Photek » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:04 am

:lol:

I was listening to BBC's world cup daily podcast and Danny M was saying some whoppers again. He thinks Germany were lucky to win the last world cup and he thought Spain v Portugal would have been cautious and boring.

Terry butcher was on the same podcast and the sheer hatred for Germany from both of them was bizarre. Butcher reveling with glee that he got to put the result on the official office scoreboard. Germany's biggest rival is Holland, they don't give a toss about England.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRC-SRB, GER-MEX, BRA-SWI
by Preezy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:18 am

Well they do give a toss, just less of a toss that's all.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRC-SRB, GER-MEX, BRA-SWI
by Moggy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:31 am

The Sun :lol:



:lol:

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRC-SRB, GER-MEX, BRA-SWI
by Mafro » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:35 am

Have they fallen for a tweet from that parody Wetherspoons account? :?


HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
SandyCoin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRC-SRB, GER-MEX, BRA-SWI
by SandyCoin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:46 am

Mafro wrote:Have they fallen for a tweet from that parody Wetherspoons account? :?



Amazing. So many dumb people in England (sadly) :lol:

-----> My Illustration Blog | My Shop <------
User avatar
Irene Demova
Member
Joined in 2009
AKA: Karl

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRC-SRB, GER-MEX, BRA-SWI
by Irene Demova » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:42 am

PES Fan wrote:
PsychicSykes wrote:
The fact he's happy to mention it's something he's already discussed doesn't bode well for Germany.



Yet all the experts seem to think Sane being dropped was the problem. Like he would have somehow stopped the Mexican counter attacks. Mexico if they made the right pass or shot could have easily scored 3 in the first half. Sane was dropped because he constantly played shite for Germany. English fans moan when players are picked on reputation for England.

tbf if Germany had the option to switch to proper wingers they could have used them for width after Mexico packed the middle instead of having Kimmich being way too far forward all the time.

(btw Delph doing the midfielder to fullback thing just as well has really put a damper on all the hype around Kimmich and his versatility for me


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, Google [Bot], Snowcannon and 55 guests