World Cup 2018

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
GrinWithoutaKat
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRO-ENG
by GrinWithoutaKat » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:27 pm

Hime wrote:What happened?


Keane got annoyed at Wright for getting ahead of himself and acting like England were already in the final, and they were just shouting over each other by the end of it.

Image
User avatar
Spindash
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: North West

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRO-ENG
by Spindash » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:29 pm

Hime wrote:Again, it's hard to disagree. Losing because you're not good enough is different to losing because you don't care. However I do agree with Corz about players carrying injuries, it's pretty bad to play people who are clearly injured but also added absolutely nothing.


I get the feeling that Southgate only has 12 or 13 players he sees as fitting the system. He's not exactly been quick to make subs in this tournament.

Anyway it's been memorable. V proud of the team even if they came up short tonight. I was expecting Croatia to tire towards the end but they showed the advantages of having so many senior players.

2020 it's coming home.

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRO-ENG
by Qikz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:30 pm

gooseberry fool strawberry floating GAME

I drunk a littrle too much so strawberry float

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRO-ENG
by KK » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:30 pm

England lost their third place play-off against Italy in 1990, 2-1.

A Bronze is coming home. :datass:

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRO-ENG
by Tomous » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:31 pm

England’s vulnerabilities and weaknesses were exposed, and if Kane takes that chance maybe it would be different, but they’ve gone out to an absolute midfield masterclass from Modric. Just ran the show. I have no idea why Southgate didn’t respond to it and try deal with it. It might not have worked but he should have at least tried.

Still, great tournament for England, one to be proud of.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRO-ENG
by Preezy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:31 pm

Lads I’m struggling to cope with the fact that Lovren has got to both a Champions League and World Cup final this season.

Darkest timeline confirmed.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRO-ENG
by KK » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:32 pm

ITV, couldn’t even afford Frank Sinatra.

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRO-ENG
by Mafro » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:32 pm

Hime wrote:What happened?


HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRO-ENG
by Hime » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:35 pm

Mafro wrote:
Hime wrote:What happened?


It's funny but Keane really is a bell end :lol:

Image
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRO-ENG
by Hime » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:38 pm

Qikz wrote:gooseberry fool strawberry floating GAME

I drunk a littrle too much so strawberry float

Good job you get sick pay unlike one of tyrant Death Head's minions.

Image
User avatar
Finish.Last
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRO-ENG
by Finish.Last » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:39 pm

Shame but really I would say Croatia were the better team - their better quality showed through in the end. England have been much better than I expected though, so it's been good fun.

So! On to Wimbledon! When does that start?

I called off his players' names as they came marching up the steps behind him....All nice guys. They'll finish last. Nice guys. Finish last.
User avatar
SandyCoin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRO-ENG
by SandyCoin » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:40 pm

Gutted obviously but the fact I actually got to jump up and cheer stupidly for England during a World Cup is enough for me. That's pretty rare.

I think once Sterling went off we looked pretty poor, but Croatia were clearly better. Modric is just sublime.

-----> My Illustration Blog | My Shop <------
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRO-ENG
by Qikz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:41 pm

Hime wrote:
Qikz wrote:gooseberry fool strawberry floating GAME

I drunk a littrle too much so strawberry float

Good job you get sick pay unlike one of tyrant Death Head's minions.


lmaop what a strawberry floating bellend

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRO-ENG
by Hime » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:44 pm

Qikz wrote:
Hime wrote:
Qikz wrote:gooseberry fool strawberry floating GAME

I drunk a littrle too much so strawberry float

Good job you get sick pay unlike one of tyrant Death Head's minions.


lmaop what a strawberry floating bellend

Sorry DH, I didn't anticipate this.

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRO-ENG
by Mafro » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:44 pm

Perisic is strawberry floating quality you can see why Mourinho wanted him so much last summer.

EDIT: Qikz :lol: :lol:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
GrinWithoutaKat
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRO-ENG
by GrinWithoutaKat » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:46 pm

I know it's probably too early, but I can't really see it as overachieving when they haven't beaten anyone ranked higher than them. Nobody expected them to get to a semi final, but are you really telling me at the start of the tournament nobody would have expected them to beat Tunisia, Panama and Sweden? Let's be honest, they would have expected to beat Croatia too, a team ranked below them like all the others. People are acting like going out to Iceland is the norm, but it's not. Defeats to Italy/Uruguay put them out of 2014, Italy in 2012, Germany in 2010, Portugal in 2006 and 2004, teams ranked higher than them.

We can talk about it being a young team and a bright future, but I can't see them ever getting a run of games this nice again.

Image
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRO-ENG
by KK » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:48 pm


Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRO-ENG
by Corazon de Leon » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:52 pm

GrinWithoutaKat wrote:I know it's probably too early, but I can't really see it as overachieving when they haven't beaten anyone ranked higher than them. Nobody expected them to get to a semi final, but are you really telling me at the start of the tournament nobody would have expected them to beat Tunisia, Panama and Sweden? Let's be honest, they would have expected to beat Croatia too, a team ranked below them like all the others. People are acting like going out to Iceland is the norm, but it's not. Defeats to Italy/Uruguay put them out of 2014, Italy in 2012, Germany in 2010, Portugal in 2006 and 2004, teams ranked higher than them.

We can talk about it being a young team and a bright future, but I can't see them ever getting a run of games this nice again.


I think criticism of this match is fine(and no matter how well they’ve done, no team or individual should be above criticism), because England were terribly limp for a large chunk of it, but it was a very promising tournament from a group of players who, if they can find a bit of a creative spark, could do very well at Euro 2018. There’s a lot of positives to take from this World Cup, so nobody should be too disheartened.

Image Image
User avatar
Kanbei
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Belfast

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRO-ENG
by Kanbei » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:58 pm



Thank god for Croatia, could hardly put up with all the nonsense for a day more :lol: First decent team England come up against all tournament and they lose.

User avatar
Spindash
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: North West

PostRe: World Cup 2018 - CRO-ENG
by Spindash » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:58 pm

Rankings mean nothing. Poland and Switzerland are ranked above England. Tunisia are one place below Croatia.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, Garth, PaperMacheMario and 105 guests