US Politics

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Photek
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - Attorney General Jeff Sessions resigns at Trump's request (aka fired)
by Photek » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:48 pm

Preezy wrote:Another day, another mass shooting in the glorious United States of Batshit Mental:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46135459

Something seriously wrong with that country.

Could you wind down the vitriol of an entire country a touch man?

Grcades resident banana split.
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics - Attorney General Jeff Sessions resigns at Trump's request (aka fired)
by Garth » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:53 pm

Preezy wrote:Another day, another mass shooting in the glorious United States of Batshit Mental:

So 13 dead including the shooter, security guard gunned down first, an armed officer killed too - and people will still say they need more guns.

Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Garth » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:00 pm

Dual
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

by Dual » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:04 pm

#Thoughtsandprayers

abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

by abcd » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:13 pm

I'm not a fan of country music either.

Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

by Monkey Man » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:14 pm

Donate some ribs to the usual address.

Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

by Peter Crisp » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:19 pm

Photek wrote:

When talking about a country where an event such as this could depressingly be almost called routine and absolutely nothing will change as a result I don't think a bit of hyperbole is uncalled for.
Seriously, how many people have to die before the gun lobby admits that guns in the US are a problem?

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.

Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
Harry Ola
Joined in 2008

by Harry Ola » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:52 pm

This is shockingly routine.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:57 pm

This is absolutely not the right time to talk about firearm reform. Have some respect for those that have died. [/GOP]

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:57 pm

Monkey Man wrote:

Donate some ribs to the usual address.

The GOP probably paid one of its officials to push her.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:02 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:
Photek wrote:

When talking about a country where an event such as this could depressingly be almost called routine and absolutely nothing will change as a result I don't think a bit of hyperbole is uncalled for.
Seriously, how many people have to die before the gun lobby admits that guns in the US are a problem?

I think it's totally uncalled for, the US is so vast that the average dude in Seattle would have nothing in common with a dude in Texas, who would have nothing to do with another in New York and on and on. LA and South Carolina have as much in common as the UK and Finland do. Criticize the government, policy and the gun lobby but don't call an entire nation 'Batshit Mental' when the vast majority want Gun regulation, It's offensive.

Also saying 'mass shootings' are 'almost' routine is hyperbole to the nth degree, Minnesota is second bottom of states with mass shootings and having been there several times I never once felt fearful of being shot.

I don't call the UK 'bathist mental' over Brexit, the BNP and Ukip eejits, I do however criticize your government and ministers because I know not everyone in the UK is a racist pleb.

Last edited by Photek on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Eyes
Joined in 2011

by Blue Eyes » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:11 pm

Photek wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:
Photek wrote:

I think it's totally uncalled for, the US is so vast that the average dude in Seattle would have nothing in common with a dude in Texas, who would have nothing to do with another in New York and on and on. LA and South Carolina have as much in common as the UK and Finland do. Criticize the government, policy and the gun lobby but don't call an entire nation 'Batshit Mental' when the vast majority want Gun regulation, It's offensive.

Also saying 'mass shootings' are 'almost' routine is hyperbole to the nth degree, Minnesota is second bottom of states with mass shootings and having been there several times I never once felt fearful of being shot.

Come off it, mate. Anyone in America who isn't a gun nut would surely agree that they live in a strawberry floating mental country. It's not exactly pejorative to point this out and it obviously isn't meant to be taken as a personal insult to everyone in the country.

And it's not hyperbolic to say it's almost routine. It's actually underestimating it. Mass shootings occur every day there, but not all are reported.

Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

by Preezy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:14 pm

Photek wrote:I don't call the UK 'bathist mental' over Brexit, the BNP and Ukip eejits

I would (and do, to most people I meet).

I'll try and refrain from tarring everyone in America with the crazy brush though, apologies.

edit: also - bathist? We're not in Iraq, Photek :lol: ;)

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:14 pm

Being married to a US Citizen and also the father of one, I see this sh*t said every single day online and even over hear it and it is offensive to my wife because she feels that she's being lumped in with Trump voters and extremists.

Alvin Flummux
Joined in 2008

by Alvin Flummux » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:15 pm

If RBG passes while Trump is in office, he'll fill the seat with another Kavanaugh. It'll be incumbent upon the next Democratic president to expand the SCOTUS to dilute the conservative element.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:21 pm

There's pretty much a mass shooting for every day of the year in America. That makes it undeniably routine.

Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:22 pm

Drumstick wrote:There's pretty much a mass shooting for every day of the year in America. That makes it undeniably routine.

What if there's none for a year in a state the size of England, it's not 'routine' for that state at all and the millions of people living in it.

I've made my points, carry on with hating Trump. :toot:

Last edited by Photek on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hexx
Joined in 2008

by Hexx » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:23 pm

Photek wrote:Also saying 'mass shootings' are 'almost' routine is hyperbole to the nth degree

America (and PC said country) has a mass shooting every day. There's nothing 'almost' about it.

Last edited by Hexx on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hexx
Joined in 2008

by Hexx » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:24 pm

Photek wrote:
Drumstick wrote:There's pretty much a mass shooting for every day of the year in America. That makes it undeniably routine.

What if there's none for a year in a state the size of England?

Then in America mass shootings are still routine.

Denster
Joined in 2008

by Denster » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:28 pm

Photek wrote:Being married to a US Citizen and also the father of one, I see this sh*t said every single day online and even over hear it and it is offensive to my wife because she feels that she's being lumped in with Trump voters and extremists.

I honestly think you’re seeing offence where it isn’t intended. Personally, I think shootings have become almost routine in their regularity. No one is saying all Americans are all crazy or gun nuts or trump advocates. We’re saying the approach to gun control and complete lack of appreciation of how much the gun laws influence and provide ease of access to shooters and shootings and their denial of that responsibility is crazy.

Last edited by Denster on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Stuff”