Taskmaster - Channel 4 (Thursdays 9pm). Best show on television. Series 15 airing now!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
PuppetBoy
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Taskmaster - Channel 4 (Thursdays 9pm). Best show on television. Series 15 airing now!
by PuppetBoy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 pm

I enjoyed the first episode. The egg task felt like very familiar territory. The team task was a nice idea.

This is definitely the least familiar I've been with a lineup. I've seen a couple of episodes of Inside No 9. And I listen to some podcasts Elis James is on, who occasionally makes reference to John Robins. I'm aware they do a show together that I've not listened to. And I'm not really sure I've seen the others before. :lol:

Elis James would be a good booking for this show though.

SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Taskmaster - Channel 4 (Thursdays 9pm). Best show on television. Series 15 airing now!
by SEP » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:11 am

Nick Mohammed is far less irritating in this than when he's being his "Mr Swallow" character.

rinks
Joined in 2008

by rinks » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:34 pm

Nick was totally stiffed on the gorilla hoopla. It was over the far side for him, while the next three had it right next to the bank they were on.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:06 pm

rinks wrote:Nick was totally stiffed on the gorilla hoopla. It was over the far side for him, while the next three had it right next to the bank they were on.

Also Dracula should not have been out in daylight or have been able to cross running water.

more heat than light
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl

by more heat than light » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:58 am

Good episode, good cast. Looking forward to the rest of the series. :)

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:MHTL is an OG ledge
Sprouty
Joined in 2008
AKA: SillySprout

by Sprouty » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:30 pm

I don't recognise any of the cast from this series. Typically, I recognise 2 or 3 from each one. Feels a shame, but I'll be watching regardless.

The silly neighbourhood vegetable.
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:36 pm

Sprouty wrote:I don't recognise any of the cast from this series. Typically, I recognise 2 or 3 from each one. Feels a shame, but I'll be watching regardless.

Steve Pemberton is pretty famous. He was in League of Gentlemen and Inside No 9. And I think he was in that Benidorm show.

The others are all far less famous. I know who John Robins and Nick Mohammed are, but I've no idea on the two women. Both seem very funny though, so it's all good.

aayl1
Sir Aaron of GRcade
Joined in 2008

by aayl1 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:59 pm

Knew the dude from League of Gentleman, and the dude from Ted Lasso. Everyone else is new to me but that's rarely a bad thing with this show!

Sprouty
Joined in 2008
AKA: SillySprout

by Sprouty » Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:07 pm

It's funny how some 'famous' people can pass you by.

I'm now watching episode 1 and can confirm that it's making no difference to my enjoyment.

The silly neighbourhood vegetable.
Benzin
Joined in 2011

by Benzin » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:39 am

More often than not the "unknowns" are what make the show; especially if supplemented by the more seasoned comedians.

rinks
Joined in 2008

by rinks » Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:15 pm

Sophie flying was fantastic.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:37 pm

rinks
Joined in 2008

by rinks » Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:46 pm

Ha, loved that. A total inversion of such a serious logo.

Final task was a good game, but totally unfair on the team of two as only one person was guessing in each round. Team of three should have had one sitting out each time.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:59 pm

Just caught up on the latest episode.

3 of those dot to dot pictures were incredible. :shock:

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:43 pm

Joanne used the pegging system for the huge load that was all over her?

Return to “Stuff”