Herdanos
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
AKA: lol don't ask

PostRe: The Football Thread 2023/24: Arsenal batter Chelsea 5-0
by Herdanos » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:57 pm

Psychic wrote:
Albert wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c72prpwggqxo

Reddit reckons it's worked it out already from the info given, personally I haven't a clue.

2 x 19 males at same club. Could be a lot of teams. Wolves have apparently stated it is not them.

Pointless speculating imo. From a morale viewpoint it's gross to start pointing fingers about a crime like this and from a logical one there's almost certainly too many candidates to consider.

Hope if these players are guilty they suffer the full consequences.

What, a loan to Getafe?

Generating Real Conversations About Digital Entertainment
Ste
Joined in 2008
AKA: ScouseStevmed

by Ste » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:07 pm

I've not felt this happy for a long time. Euphoric. Like Christmas as a kid.

Horrible when the record is so bad but thats what makes this so good.

Fully deserved. Like being back in the 90s. I said to my wife after 10 mins, this is the type of derby we can win. Frantic and fast paced. We're never going to out football Liverpool.

Everyone played great but I thought Gueye had his best ever game.

Fitting that we won possibly the last Goodison derby under the lights and glad Klopp didn't get to leave undefeated there.

sawyerpip
Joined in 2009

by sawyerpip » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:56 am

Ste wrote:I've not felt this happy for a long time. Euphoric. Like Christmas as a kid.

Horrible when the record is so bad but thats what makes this so good.

Fully deserved. Like being back in the 90s. I said to my wife after 10 mins, this is the type of derby we can win. Frantic and fast paced. We're never going to out football Liverpool.

Everyone played great but I thought Gueye had his best ever game.

Fitting that we won possibly the last Goodison derby under the lights and glad Klopp didn't get to leave undefeated there.

strawberry floating finally :wub:

BOR
Joined in 2008

by BOR » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:55 pm

Arne Slot to Liverpool.

Very close to an agreement.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:44 pm

BOR wrote:Arne Slot to Liverpool.

Interesting appointment. He appeared to be Spurs first choice last summer but Levy wouldnt pay the release fee.

Shoe Army
BOR
Joined in 2008

by BOR » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:09 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
BOR wrote:Arne Slot to Liverpool.

Interesting appointment. He appeared to be Spurs first choice last summer but Levy wouldnt pay the release fee.

Yeah, that's right.

It said that the release fee is approximately £9m.

I'm not sure how the Kops fans feel about him? As I know one of my mates isn't sure about him as he knows a very little of him.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

by Monkey Man » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:57 pm

twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1783945607075213644

Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Dowbocop » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:00 pm

This is probably true, but is Fabrizio Romano a bit of a bullshit merchant? Other than Ornstein being legit (definitely for Arsenal stuff) I forget who's trustworthy and who's not.

Looks like Ipswich might be sneaking into the automatic spot now, haven't seen them up for a couple of decades, one of the more interesting candidates.

Benzin
Joined in 2011

by Benzin » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:34 pm

Romano is one of the more accurate ones. Sure he's got a few wrong but most do.

Leeds are falling apart. Again.

Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:37 pm

Dowbocop wrote:This is probably true, but is Fabrizio Romano a bit of a bullshit merchant? Other than Ornstein being legit (definitely for Arsenal stuff) I forget who's trustworthy and who's not.

Looks like Ipswich might be sneaking into the automatic spot now, haven't seen them up for a couple of decades, one of the more interesting candidates.

Well the BBC are also reporting it so I would say it's true they've agreed compensation.

Romano is usually pretty trustworthy. Seems to have a lot of good sources. Gets some stuff wrong but then it could often be that a deal falls apart rather than him being wrong.

Shoe Army
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:40 pm

Benzin wrote:Leeds are falling apart. Again.

SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by SEP » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 am

Monkey Man wrote:

twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1783945607075213644

I'm sure he'll Slot right in

Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2023/24: Derby promoted, Brian Clough Trophy up for grabs in 24/25?
by Psychic » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:53 pm

Remarkable job from Antony Taylor to manage to wind me up in a game I expected not much from through his ineptitude. Just a tremendous fuckup to not allow Gakpo to have a free shot on goal for, well, who knows. Another one to the list of momumental fuckups in this league this season.

Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:07 pm

Dowbocop wrote:This is probably true, but is Fabrizio Romano a bit of a bullshit merchant? Other than Ornstein being legit (definitely for Arsenal stuff) I forget who's trustworthy and who's not.

Romano's just an aggregator who rewords stuff actual journos say, rather than doing much in the way of breaking news himself. It was also reported a few months back that he'll take money to lie and link players elsewhere on behalf of agents and clubs, so I'm not a fan personally.

Ecno
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Football Thread 2023/24: Derby promoted, Brian Clough Trophy up for grabs in 24/25?
by Ecno » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:23 pm

Sheffield United must be a maddening team to support this season, it looks like the pattern of results, is go 2 nil up against Man City away, before losing 3-2 and then the following week get pumped 4 nil by Nottingham Forrest at Brammal Lane.

Donate to the Ukrainian Military's fight against fascism.

https://bank.gov.ua/en/news/all/natsion ... ebi-armiyi

Contact your MP to voice support for Ukraine
Robbo-92
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92

by Robbo-92 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:32 pm

Ecno wrote:Sheffield United must be a maddening team to support this season, it looks like the pattern of results, is go 2 nil up against Man City away, before losing 3-2 and then the following week get pumped 4 nil by Nottingham Forrest at Brammal Lane.

It's been a very frustrating season all in all, like when we were beating Tottenham well in the latter stages, to let two goals in during added time, Man Utd the other night, took the lead twice and still got nothing, its been a season where we've been awful defensively, bleeding goals constantly (as our near -60 GD shows :dread: ), but then in fleeting moments we've not looked awful, far from great but at times we've looked much better than our stats show in my opinion, still deserve to get relegated mind, still think double relegation is on the cards as well.

Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:40 pm

twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1784224818004435292

twitter.com/centregoals/status/1784213053359509669

I think Klopp may regret announcing he was leaving so early

Shoe Army
Ecno
Joined in 2008

by Ecno » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:43 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Ecno wrote:Sheffield United must be a maddening team to support this season, it looks like the pattern of results, is go 2 nil up against Man City away, before losing 3-2 and then the following week get pumped 4 nil by Nottingham Forrest at Brammal Lane.

It's been a very frustrating season all in all, like when we were beating Tottenham well in the latter stages, to let two goals in during added time, Man Utd the other night, took the lead twice and still got nothing, its been a season where we've been awful defensively, bleeding goals constantly (as our near -60 GD shows :dread: ), but then in fleeting moments we've not looked awful, far from great but at times we've looked much better than our stats show in my opinion, still deserve to get relegated mind, still think double relegation is on the cards as well.

The top end of the Championship won't be as strong next season, but the bottom end this season has been strong and likely to be stronger next season. There's very few incompetent owners in the Championship now days.

Are you any closer to being sold?

Donate to the Ukrainian Military's fight against fascism.

https://bank.gov.ua/en/news/all/natsion ... ebi-armiyi

Contact your MP to voice support for Ukraine
Robbo-92
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92

by Robbo-92 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:53 pm

Ecno wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:

The top end of the Championship won't be as strong next season, but the bottom end this season has been strong and likely to be stronger next season. There's very few incompetent owners in the Championship now days.

Are you any closer to being sold?

No closer to being sold, from the sounds of it we're using our parachute payments to invest in a new training facility (good use of it really, our injury woes of the last few seasons have to com from somewhere), need to find the best part of a full new team as well once we're relegated as we have 17 or 18 players out of contract at the end of this season, which is a good chance to rebuild and start afresh, but then our scouting/recruitment the last few seasons has been awful. We then have Wilder, who while I don't dislike, I don't think we should have brought back as I don't see lightning striking twice for him, hope I'm wrong on this though.

I know I shouldn't complain, we're being relegated into what I still see as the best league in the English football, guess I've just got that sinking feeling.

Benzin
Joined in 2011

by Benzin » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:53 pm

Onana :lol:

Return to “Stuff”