Doctor Who- Boom is a "banger" says Ord

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Ploiper
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Doctor Who- returns for series whatever it is 11/5/24 | The Grand Moff is back!
by Ploiper » Sat May 11, 2024 8:01 pm

i really enjoyed both episodes, i like it when they get silly with it

:toot: :toot: :toot:
shy guy 64
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Doctor Who- returns for series whatever it is 11/5/24 | The Grand Moff is back!
by shy guy 64 » Sat May 11, 2024 8:08 pm

Outrunner wrote:Second episode was a slight step up from "Space Babies" but wasn't great. That ending was pretty cringe.

Very cringe

Join me on Sam Radio, Tuesdays at 4pm and Wednesdays at 3pm https://samradio.org/listen-now/
Hexx
Joined in 2008

by Hexx » Sat May 11, 2024 8:18 pm

Yeah and that was 1/4 of the season wasn't it?

Hexx
Joined in 2008

by Hexx » Sat May 11, 2024 8:18 pm

Yeah and that was 1/4 of the season wasn't it?

Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Garth » Sat May 11, 2024 8:27 pm

Space Babies was pretty meh for me and I don't think they really nailed the effect with the talking babies, but at least I can say I didn't feel bored.

Enjoyed episode 2 a lot more, the ending was definitely very indulgent lol. Looking forward to seeing more of the pantheon and finding out what's going on with Ruby.

Outrunner
Joined in 2008

by Outrunner » Sat May 11, 2024 8:33 pm

The main villain and the introduction of the pantheon feel very Elders of the Universe from Marvel

I will say I do like Ncuti Gatwa as the Doctor and I hope they don't mess up like they did with Jodi's run.

Please do not post this in the "No Context" thread
shy guy 64
Joined in 2018

by shy guy 64 » Sat May 11, 2024 9:50 pm

i recall there was a quote where RTD said what he doing wasn't for kids. i wonder if i could find it cause i want to check if he meant just for the specials of everything. i mean space babies was very child friendly, would have worked for the SJA

Join me on Sam Radio, Tuesdays at 4pm and Wednesdays at 3pm https://samradio.org/listen-now/
Jenuall
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall

by Jenuall » Sun May 12, 2024 10:46 am

Didn't realise that 2 eps were out :fp:

Watched the first and thought it was pretty decent overall. The space babies concept could easily have been awful but RTD seemed to rein in some of his excesses to handle it well. Doctor and Ruby seem like a good pair together so far, although after so much time it's inevitable that the relationships and character beats start to feel repetitive - Ruby feeling a bit "impossible girl" ala Clara and the way the adventures they've been on are drawing from her life/back story is feeling quite series 5 Amy as well.

Come to think of it then third actually Doctor saving the "baddie" when they realise a kinship as both being the last of their kind is also getting a bit familiar now...

Stil, it was a decent opener!

shy guy 64
Joined in 2018

by shy guy 64 » Sun May 12, 2024 12:29 pm

current theory Ruby's mum is part of the pantheon

shy guy 64
Joined in 2018

by shy guy 64 » Sun May 12, 2024 3:29 pm

my dad couldn't make it through the first 10 minuets of space babies. and he's got lowest standards i know

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Sun May 12, 2024 4:35 pm

Space Babies was basically Boss Baby in space.

Devil's Cord was ok. I couldn't understand why if Maestro was killing anybody making music, why the Beatles & Cilla were still recording music, even if it was gooseberry fool music.

The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Doctor Who- Series 1 has landed! Garth says "I didn't feel bored"
by The Watching Artist » Tue May 14, 2024 12:38 pm

Moffat has confirmed he has written a Christmas special

shy guy 64
Joined in 2018

by shy guy 64 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:14 pm

The Watching Artist wrote:Moffat has confirmed he has written a Christmas special

great he wrote a fair few i quite liked

Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Garth » Tue May 14, 2024 8:15 pm

My glowing praise made the thread title! I'm doing it mate! :datass:

Jingle Ord The Way
Joined in 2008

by Jingle Ord The Way » Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

Yeah! I don't think this show is for me anymore. Space babies was strawberry floating cringe throughout. RTD at his worse. Only thing missing was a Dues Ex Machina element which I'm sure will be introduced at the season finale. And that 5 minute info dump at the beginning was a big yikes from me! Jesus Christ!

Devils Chord was better but strawberry float me! I'm sick of the characters winking at the camera, and that last 5 minutes. What the strawberry float was that? I learned that Murry Gold can write excellent music but is gooseberry fool at songs!

Was the tea lady the same character as the one with Newton in "Wild Blue Yonder" and the woman in the club in "Christmas in Ruby Road"?
Anyway I will continue to watch and i'm looking forward to Moffat's episode.....meh! I don't know man!

ImageImage
shy guy 64
Joined in 2018

by shy guy 64 » Tue May 14, 2024 11:00 pm

had anyone else forgotten that they used to make a fuss about the companion being given a tardis key?

Jingle Ord The Way
Joined in 2008

by Jingle Ord The Way » Wed May 15, 2024 4:56 pm

It's over 3 hours long, but it's actually very good, and it highlights all the issues I have with Doctor Who now. It's not anti-"woke" or any of those other hundred hate filled grifter channels out there. It's honestly a thoughtful essay on what Doctor Who is and where it is now.

ImageImage
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Wed May 15, 2024 6:13 pm

Jingle Ord The Way wrote:It's over 3 hours long,

shy guy 64
Joined in 2018

by shy guy 64 » Wed May 15, 2024 7:28 pm

Jingle Ord The Way wrote:It's over 3 hours long, but it's actually very good, and it highlights all the issues I have with Doctor Who now. It's not anti-"woke" or any of those other hundred hate filled grifter channels out there. It's honestly a thoughtful essay on what Doctor Who is and where it is now.

can you list the major points?

Jingle Ord The Way
Joined in 2008

by Jingle Ord The Way » Wed May 15, 2024 8:28 pm

Ah man! Nah! There is a LOT in there! It's actually well edited and funny and the guy knows his stuff. It delves into classic Who right through to present. I do recommend watching it, even in segments. It is actually very good.

ImageImage

Return to “Stuff”