NFL Thread: Lock me up!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Lotus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: NFL Thread: Superbowl!!!!
by Lotus » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:15 pm

Cosmo wrote:Thank strawberry float Vernon Kay's only been around for the opening bit of the C4 coverage.

That's a good point, what was the point of him being there? He spoke for 10 mins at the start and I didn't see him after that. :? :fp:

Minto
Joined in 2009

by Minto » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:06 pm

It was not a great game for neutrals. One team skull strawberry floating the other is boring. At no point did the broncos like like they were going to do anything. I went to bed at the start of the 4th quarter as the Seahawks were beasting everything.

PSN: MintKorp - NNID: Mintoisking
andretmzt
Joined in 2008

by andretmzt » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:12 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Zartan wrote:Well he is still one of the greatest QBs ever, he showed all season he still has it. Seattle dominated the whole team not just Manning. As he is so high profile it will reflect poorly on him but he took them to the Super Bowl and I am sure he would be the best person to repeat that feat next season

He was also only voted mvp for the season only weeks ago.

Anyway great superbowl. Who are we all supporting next year?

Well the Cardinals will have home advantage for the Super Bowl soooo.... :shifty:

HSH28 wrote:No Last Guardian.
No new exclusive PS4 games.
No longer free MP for PS4.

Microsoft win E3.
Skippy
Joined in 2008

by Skippy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:09 pm

Reading back through the thread, what's with the Bruno Mars hate? :? He's clearly excellent.

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:42 pm

Did anyone else find all of the patriotic dick waving before the game really cringe worthy?

I just watched a Vlogger who was at the game and she says "I really love my country"

Why exactly? Do Americans have no idea how shitty their government and military are?

Pell
Joined in 2008

by Pell » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:54 pm

FAO Fade:

:wub:

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:09 pm

Fade wrote:Did anyone else find all of the patriotic dick waving before the game really cringe worthy?

I just watched a Vlogger who was at the game and she says "I really love my country"

Why exactly? Do Americans have no idea how shitty their government and military are?

You're surprised Americans are like this?

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter
Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:32 pm

Mafro wrote:
Fade wrote:Did anyone else find all of the patriotic dick waving before the game really cringe worthy?

You're surprised Americans are like this?

I just would have thought internet dwelling folk would be a bit more informed.

jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:05 pm

Replace "game" with "Games" and "Americans" with "Britons".

Every country does this when the world watches.

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:09 pm

Yeah, watch the FA Cup final. There's loads of crap goes on before that starts.

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:20 pm

We don't pretend to be a great country though, we know where we stand :lol:

jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:29 pm

You're so full of yourselves you even stick the word "Great" in your Olympic team name.

Rax
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

by Rax » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:14 pm

The NFL could be about to get its first openly gay player

Mizzou defensive lineman Michael Sam came out earlier this week ahead of the combine. Interesting move, latest Ive heard is he thought it was going to happen anyway during the combine process so its easier to get it out of the way now. Apparently he came out to his team mates in August and they didnt have any problem with it, it will be interesting to see how an NFL locker room handles the situation when the college guys had absolutely no issue with it.

Hexx
Joined in 2008

by Hexx » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:44 pm

Don't follow NFL, but this crossed my desk. It's really not what you expect from what looks like a conversative, old, white man.

Irene Demova
Joined in 2009
AKA: Karl

by Irene Demova » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:59 am

He called out two of the biggest players of the last 10 years or so in that, American Football has a really bizarre relationship with being the sport of conservatives whilst also being one of the most frequently changing games on the planet. This: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=klosterman/091019 is a really interesting essay on it but it's mainly concerned with gameplay rather than more external factors

Mockmaster
Joined in 2008

by Mockmaster » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:37 pm

Did anyone here get tickets for the NFL Wembley games in September/October?

Seems like I missed the boat on the main sale and now face paying extortionate prices.

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:50 pm

I didn't, but I'm looking to hit up a couple of games in the States over the season; principally Oakland Raiders at New York Jets but also hopefully a Redskins or Cowboys game or two.

King Chaz
Joined in 2010

by King Chaz » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:59 pm

Managed to get Dallas Cowboys vs Jacksonville Jags in November. Seats aren't amazing considering I paid so much. Behind the goal.

jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:39 pm

Mockmaster wrote:Did anyone here get tickets for the NFL Wembley games in September/October?

Seems like I missed the boat on the main sale and now face paying extortionate prices.

I got two for the Raiders/Dolphins game.

Rax
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

by Rax » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:50 pm

Mockmaster » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:37 pm wrote:Did anyone here get tickets for the NFL Wembley games in September/October?

They usually get returns from the US and have another ticket sale around the time training camp opens and the NFL season hype is building so I wouldnt worry too much yet.

Return to “Stuff”