Scottish Football

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Prototype
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Scottish Football - Poser's Mum has got it going on.
by Prototype » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:11 am

In the Scottish Championship, teams finishing 2nd, 3rd and 4th enter the playoffs with the team finishing 11th in the Premiership.

4th plays 3rd over 2 legs and the winner of that tie plays whoever finishes 2nd in another 2-legged tie.

The winner of that match then plays 11th in the Premiership for a place in the following season's Premiership.

Christ.

Pontius Pilate
Joined in 2008

by Pontius Pilate » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:16 am

In terms of TV money...I'm pretty sure the new(ish) deal means that even if Sky or BBC pay extra money to air the Championship games, that money is distributed to all teams in the entire set up, most of it going to the top. :fp: I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure it was part of the "5 way agreement" that Rangers had to accept before they'd be given their license to play.

Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008

by Poser » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:29 am

Prototype » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:11 am wrote:In the Scottish Championship, teams finishing 2nd, 3rd and 4th enter the playoffs with the team finishing 11th in the Premiership.

4th plays 3rd over 2 legs and the winner of that tie plays whoever finishes 2nd in another 2-legged tie.

The winner of that match then plays 11th in the Premiership for a place in the following season's Premiership.

Christ.

Yeah, tough run for the 3rd/4th placed side. Though really, you can see the logic. The SPFL doesn't really want the 4th placed team from D1 propping up the league all year.

If they somehow manage it, they'll have bloody well earned it though!

Re Morton, on your other post, it's a gooseberry fool state of affairs. We haven't played them in a league match since the 99-2000 season. They're not that much smaller than Saints, and it just shows how a bit of good management, or lack of it, can make a huge difference.

Pontius Pilate
Joined in 2008

by Pontius Pilate » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:37 am

Yeh, I'd love a Rangers v Morton game too. They don't have massive fan base, but bigger than most small teams. It's a shame.

E-Man
Joined in 2008

by E-Man » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:46 am

Queens currently occupy the 4th place play off slot in the Championship. To be honest (slim possibility as it is) I'd rather not get promoted, the division next season could look something like this:

Alloa
Dumbarton
Dunfermline
Dundee
Falkirk
Hearts
Livingston
Queen of the South
Raith Rovers
Rangers

:datass:

Pontius Pilate
Joined in 2008

by Pontius Pilate » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:49 am

We need revenge on you. Don't get promoted. :x

Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008

by Poser » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:38 am

E-Man » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:46 am wrote:Queens currently occupy the 4th place play off slot in the Championship. To be honest (slim possibility as it is) I'd rather not get promoted, the division next season could look something like this:

Alloa
Dumbarton
Dunfermline
Dundee
Falkirk
Hearts
Livingston
Queen of the South
Raith Rovers
Rangers

That would be a hell of a league. Six teams who have been in the Premier League in relatively recent memory, and plucky up-and-coming side Sevco thrown into the mix as well. :datass:

Pontius Pilate
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Scottish Football
by Pontius Pilate » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:44 am

Don't take the bait CuriousOyster. Please. :dread:

Scotticus Erroticus
Joined in 2008

by Scotticus Erroticus » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:19 am

Poser » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:38 am wrote:
E-Man » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:46 am wrote:Queens currently occupy the 4th place play off slot in the Championship. To be honest (slim possibility as it is) I'd rather not get promoted, the division next season could look something like this:

Alloa
Dumbarton
Dunfermline
Dundee
Falkirk
Hearts
Livingston
Queen of the South
Raith Rovers
Rangers

That would be a hell of a league. Six teams who have been in the Premier League in relatively recent memory, and plucky up-and-coming side Sevco thrown into the mix as well. :datass:

If they can last that long, the the purse strings are a bit tight. I've had to lend Frazer Aird a score for bus money to get to training. He didn't want to take it, but I insisted. He'll thank me when Raith come to town.

ImageImage
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008

by Poser » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:38 am

Pontius Pilate » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:44 am wrote:Don't take the bait CuriousOyster. Please. :dread:

Yeah, ridiculous fishing trip on my part. :oops:

Trolling aside, it will be a very, very interesting league. I think Rangers will walk it, but the race for second will be insane. The stakes are sky-high for the play-off final this year, whoever is in it, because the chances of getting out that league next season are going to be pretty slim.

Imagine what it would look like if two teams go down this season. What if it was Killie or Hibs*. :lol: Utterly mental.

*Loyalty to Saints aside, I really think it'll be Ross County in the play-off spot.

CuriousOyster
Joined in 2008

by CuriousOyster » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:00 pm

Pontius Pilate » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:44 am wrote:Don't take the bait CuriousOyster. Please. :dread:

Your mum takes the bait 8-)

CuriousOyster
Joined in 2008

by CuriousOyster » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:06 pm

Poser » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:38 am wrote:

Yeah, ridiculous fishing trip on my part. :oops:

Trolling aside, it will be a very, very interesting league. I think Rangers will walk it, but the race for second will be insane. The stakes are sky-high for the play-off final this year, whoever is in it, because the chances of getting out that league next season are going to be pretty slim.

Imagine what it would look like if two teams go down this season. What if it was Killie or Hibs*. :lol: Utterly mental.

*Loyalty to Saints aside, I really think it'll be Ross County in the play-off spot.

:lol: Cant wait for next season, should be a good fight. Genuinely don't think we will win it first time, but going by wages, team on paper etc we really should. I dislike Hibs but don't want them relegated, more competition, the league already looks tricky enough. Would be mental to have both E Burger clubs or Killie down, as you say.

Luboluke
Joined in 2008

by Luboluke » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:49 pm

Mjallby is away in the summer then, really hope this is the beginning of the end of the Lennon era.

Prototype
Joined in 2008

by Prototype » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:58 pm

Barley
Joined in 2008

by Barley » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:05 pm

That is beautiful.

Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008

by Poser » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:27 pm

Yeah, saw that on Pie and Bovril earlier. Best strip I've ever seen.

Prototype
Joined in 2008

by Prototype » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:38 pm

not sure if serious.

I obviously love it but not sure if you're pulling my leg

Barley
Joined in 2008

by Barley » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:41 pm

Prototype » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:38 pm wrote:...

not sure if serious.

I obviously love it but not sure if you're pulling my leg

Totally serious. One of the best kits i've ever seen. I'm not a Hearts fan, but would consider buying it.

Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008

by Poser » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:28 pm

Same here. I love it. No homo.

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:10 pm

I'd really like that strip but for the colour. Can't do claret/maroon football strips for the Burnley connection.

Return to “Stuff”