YODEL, Evri, and other delivery incompetence Stories!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

PostRe: YODEL Stories!
by Green Gecko » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:14 am

I I've never moaned about Yodel/Amazon deliveries on here yet, but a while back I had a mercury vapour light worth 28 quid arrive with the box dented, obviously smashed. The replacement arrived this time actually open with the light poking out, yet somehow the glass was not smashed.

Mercury is a hazardous material.

Also recently I ordered some plastic tanks for lizards, they arrived with no lids. How strawberry floating retarded do you have to be to ship half a product. What the strawberry float. Ordered replacements and they arrived with one cracked. I wasn't going to send that lot back yet again so I just mixed and matched what I had as I had to house newborn animals. I went to collect+ point to ship back and the strawberry floating barcode would not scan (it was too big apparently).

I've never actually sent the originals back because I can't be strawberry floating arsed, it's not my fault. So I got charged 14 quid for my trouble. I will just send them back under warranty (factory fault - no strawberry floating lids) so I can at least use those now that I've paid for them.

"It should be common sense to just accept the message Nintendo are sending out through their actions."

❤ btw GRcade costs money and depends on donations - please support one of the UK's oldest video gaming forums → HOW TO DONATE
Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:35 pm

We are pleased to advise that your order is now on its way. To view the progress of this delivery you can follow this web link to see the latest status on the parcel: www.myyodel.co.uk. Please be aware that on the day of delivery the time of delivery could be up to 9pm. Thank you.

:dread: Not even a tracking number in the E-mail. What the actual strawberry float? :lol: What sort of banana split is running this operation?

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:45 pm

When I ordered my capture card from amazon before they left it under the bush outside our front door. On a rainy day.

And this other delivery company (can't remember which. DHL I think?) left the slip I needed to claim my stuff on the floor outside the front door. And this wasnt just some online order. It was stuff from my girlfriend for my birthdays. If that slip had blown away I would have never seen it.

How strawberry floating had is it to be a competent delivery person?

Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Lagamorph » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:50 pm

Fade wrote:How strawberry floating had is it to be a competent delivery person?

About as hard as spelling words correctly I suppose.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:30 pm

Fade wrote: It was stuff from my girlfriend for my birthdays.

:dread: born again confirmed

"It should be common sense to just accept the message Nintendo are sending out through their actions."

❤ btw GRcade costs money and depends on donations - please support one of the UK's oldest video gaming forums → HOW TO DONATE
KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:41 pm

UK Mail have been excellent. Ordered two things this week and not only were the delivery drivers in a jubilant mood, they arrived before 12pm.

Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:07 pm

Anyone else had the "I'm just an independent courier, mate" excuse before?

What the strawberry float difference does that make? I'm an independent web designer, doesn't mean I will deliver a website with half the code missing.

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:17 pm

Lagamorph wrote:
Fade wrote:How strawberry floating had is it to be a competent delivery person?

About as hard as spelling words correctly I suppose.

Small touch-screen keyboards + auto-correct. Fun for all.

mysteriousdave
Joined in 2008

by mysteriousdave » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:43 pm

Mixed Yodel fortunes today!

Was expecting a package from Amazon which turned up ok, but then the driver also had 1 box out of 2 from a Pet Supermarket delivery. When asked where the other box was he told me it was with another driver. So not being able to leave the house continues!!! :slol:

Although Yodel were friendly to me on Twitter today when I was taking the mickey.

Slartibartfast
Joined in 2008

by Slartibartfast » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:14 pm

I've moved entirely to using the Amazon lockers.

Faust
Joined in 2014

by Faust » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:28 pm

Amazon cocked up my delivery for the first time yesterday, instead of receiving a Moto G I received a wireless door alarm.

Most unimpressed with customer services, the idiot on the phone could barely grunt in English, took her a good 3 minutes to comprehend that the wrong item arrived and not that I wanted to return the correct item, then said the best they could do was Monday. I know for a fact that with amazon prime if I had reordered on the website instead I could have received it on sunday (today).

They got the cheek to think that i'm going out for my way to print off labels for the incorrect item, use my own packaging and then take it to some collect+ place. Must be having a laugh, as soon as the correct item has safely arrived i'm going to tell them that if they want their other item back they will be sending a courier to collect it between the hours of 6:30pm and 8pm on a mon-thurs as it's the only hours that are convenient for me.

Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:39 pm

I still need to return my vivariums that came without lids. I don't see why I should have to return an item at my own inconvenience, again, because the bar codes on the labels were too small for the collect plus point to scan in. I didn't choose to receive half a product. 28 day return policy for missing items is joke. It's different if you simply don't want something.

Faust
Joined in 2014

by Faust » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:48 pm

Aye, they are attempting to mitigate the cost of their fuckups by farming out the labour to the customer. Unacceptable.

They tell me I am to print out their labels if I have got access to a printer, or to use the labels and box that came with the delivery. Then go to a collect+ place. In my case I do have access to a family members printer, but it's hassle i'm not prepared to indulge them in, and I ripped the original label opening the box. The collect+ place is only a 15 minute walk away, but that's 15 minutes too much. I don't think they can do much other than moan or send a courier though, and i'm sure as gooseberry fool not taking a night off work or missing out on sleep for them, so the courier better turn up at the hours I want.

Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:31 pm

That's the most frustrating thing about returns even if you have a courier arranged. Most people are at work. Also I have a printer but like strawberry float am I spending 40 quid on ink just to print a label they could mail to me or let me write down a code or whatever on the box instead, like most companies.

Faust
Joined in 2014

by Faust » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:14 pm

I am here in the day, but work nights so that's my sleep time, not staying up all day waiting for a courier then having a shitty night at work for my troubles.

So no, they want it back, I am demanding they send a courier at a certain time. I imagine a courier is probably going to cost them more than the item is worth hah!

EDIT - Fools have just sent me an email asking me to return the phone... Which they never sent me.

Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008

by Poser » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:25 pm

I had a Yodel delivery at the weekend. They brought it to my door promptly and in good condition. Likewise my launch day PS4.

THE ABSOLUTE WANKERS.

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Thu May 22, 2014 7:59 pm

Had a card through the door from Hermes.

"We're sorry we missed you, your package has been left"

"Behind locked gate"

But how did it get behind the 7 foot high locked gate?
Ah right, the strawberry floater threw the package over it :x

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:39 pm

I'm sure Amazon are getting worse with free deliveries. I ordered 4 items from them on Monday & they still haven't sent them off.

jawafour
Joined in 2012

by jawafour » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:55 pm

KKLEIN » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:39 pm wrote:I'm sure Amazon are getting worse with free deliveries. I ordered 4 items from them on Monday & they still haven't sent them off.

Oh yes. I've vented enough about Amazon's deliveries. Suffice to say that I don't feel that they're as reliable as they used to be and that's why I now buy more stuff from ShopTo.

Mafro
Joined in 2008
AKA: based

by Mafro » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:03 pm

I'm sick of them sending out CDs, DVDs and games preorders to me via Yodel rather than Royal Mail. They never arrive until late afternoon at the earliest and I've even had some arrive between 8 and 9 in the evening.

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell weed in animal crossing new horizons today.

Twitter

Return to “Stuff”