All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:14 am 
1cmanny1 wrote:
He had a baby ffs!

He might have launched the baby at the police.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:05 am 

AKA: satriales
1cmanny1 wrote:
I don't think you guys are really putting yourselves in that situation...

He had a baby ffs!

So you'd shoot towards the baby just because you think the phone in the guys pocket might be a gun?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:43 am 
No, I would let him take it back into the house and let him do god knows what to it...

If they had to lay siege to that house, it would be much more dangerous to the baby, and officers. I don't know, maybe in the UK you have a crime free paradise where nothing like this ever happens, so you can't figure out why someone would have to make a split second decision.
In the US they are trained to shoot people before they get shot themselves. They aren't going to stand around yelling for hours. And in that country I don't blame them.

Maybe a better outcome could have been achieved, who knows? But I think this one was acceptable due to the circumstances.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:49 am 
Seems like very drastic action when they didn't know for sure if he had a gun or not. Surely police should be better equipped than most to ascertain whether somebody is armed or not. If they're really that unsure, why not shoot him in the leg or something, rush him, and then keep the child safe and the guy alive.

He might have a gun?
gooseberry fool! Kill him! Ask questions later, who cares if we're wrong, dammit!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:58 am 
Wounding someone who is aggressive, carrying a child and might have a gun, could be dangerous.
But it could very well have been a better option. However, in that split second , you won't have time to figure out all those options.
Plus, didn't it say he held the baby down away from his head? Might be more risky shooting his body.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:53 am 
And I watched Bowling for Columbine lst night on Netflix, so this doesn't surprise me in the slightest (still strawberry floated up though).

Best of luck with the US of A Alvin, might want to take advantage of their 2nd ammendment ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:06 am 
Andrew Mills wrote:
And I watched Bowling for Columbine lst night on Netflix, so this doesn't surprise me in the slightest (still strawberry floated up though).

Best of luck with the US of A Alvin, might want to take advantage of their 2nd ammendment ;)

Eh? What now?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:38 pm 

AKA: Anung
The right to nail fat chicks?

America is full of them. Is that why you are going?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:13 pm 
You'd think that they'd have to be sure he had a weapon first before shooting. Rather than "hey, there's something in his pocket, shoot to kill!"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:15 pm 
Makes me think of Fox News claim that Norway isn't a democracy because the police don't carry guns.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:38 pm 
TheTurnipKing wrote:

That can't be real, seriously? That is a new low for America if it is.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:44 pm 
Scotticus Erroticus wrote:
TheTurnipKing wrote:

That can't be real, seriously? That is a new low for America if it is.

:| I so wish the guy pulled her up on that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:47 pm 
TheTurnipKing wrote:

So that makes us not a democracy either then?

Zellery wrote:
Good post Lagamorph.

Turboman wrote:
Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:36 pm 
Alvin Flummux wrote:
Andrew Mills wrote:

Eh? What now?

Something that was to do with keeping a loaded gun in their house at all times was a constitutional right.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:46 pm 
Andrew Mills wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:
Andrew Mills wrote:

Eh? What now?

Something that was to do with keeping a loaded gun in their house at all times was a constitutional right.

Ah. Well, maybe... if I'm any good at shooting it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:47 pm 

AKA: Somebody Else's Problem
Alvin Flummux wrote:
Andrew Mills wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:
Andrew Mills wrote:

Eh? What now?

It's a fairly simple point and click interface.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:30 pm 
The US should have nationwide rioting and looting to send a strong message to the government about how they feel.

Because, that's how it's done, right?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:46 pm 
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:
Andrew Mills wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:
Andrew Mills wrote:

Eh? What now?

There's no reticule in the middle of my vision though, nor am I equipped with a Pip-Boy with VATs.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:49 pm 

AKA: Somebody Else's Problem
Alvin Flummux wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:
Andrew Mills wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:
Andrew Mills wrote:

Eh? What now?

There's no reticule in the middle of my vision though, nor am I equipped with a Pip-Boy with VATs.

It does have an Aim-down-the-sights mode though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:53 pm 
Alvin Flummux wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:
Andrew Mills wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:
Andrew Mills wrote:

Eh? What now?

It does have an Aim-down-the-sights mode though.

Ah... uh... yeah okay.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next