All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Jump | Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:03 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: Not telling...
Turboman wrote:
The fact is, we are were we are because we have behaved how we have behaved. To some degree, no matter how minuscule, we have evolved. Forget potential to evolve, because you can trace that as far back as you want.
Height may be largely due to nutrition, but it's a biological distinction between now and 40000 years ago. To say we are identical biologically is wrong.


You seem to be confused about the difference between genotypes and phenotypes. Phenotypically, sure, you might be a little different from the modern humans that emerged some 200,000 years ago. Genotypically, you're the same. You're certainly the same as the humans that were around during the time of behavioural modernity about 50k years ago.

To say that changes in average height and muscular development is evidence of significant change in our species is just wrong. Bodybuilders display extreme differences in muscular development compared to average individuals. Are they evolving in a different direction to the rest of us?

_________________
strawberry floating bitches left and right my dick is ambidextrous


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:48 pm 
Member ♥
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby
Atreyu wrote:
It's not clear from your post whether you also think that sugared drinks are just fine for modern humans, but if you have a justification based in science for that as well then I'd love to hear it.


I don't care for sugared drinks, but I refuse to believe that humans today are identical to humans before the stone age.

_________________
Image
Forumite Forfeit: HD GOTY Definitive Edition Remaster! Plus!! - THE RESULTS


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:00 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Atreyu wrote:
It's not clear from your post whether you also think that sugared drinks are just fine for modern humans, but if you have a justification based in science for that as well then I'd love to hear it.


I don't care for sugared drinks, but I refuse to believe that humans today are identical to humans before the stone age.

Would Sir care to quantify his disbelief, in the manner requested of Sir in the part of the post that Sir decided not to quote?

_________________
"I'd call him a sadistic, hippophilic necrophile, but that would be beating a dead horse." Allen


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:20 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Atreyu wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Atreyu wrote:
It's not clear from your post whether you also think that sugared drinks are just fine for modern humans, but if you have a justification based in science for that as well then I'd love to hear it.


I don't care for sugared drinks, but I refuse to believe that humans today are identical to humans before the stone age.

Would Sir care to quantify his disbelief, in the manner requested of Sir in the part of the post that Sir decided not to quote?


Aren't humans today more able to digest lactose, because of dairy farming?

_________________
Anti-creation #4


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:22 pm 
Member ♥
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby
Atreyu wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Atreyu wrote:
It's not clear from your post whether you also think that sugared drinks are just fine for modern humans, but if you have a justification based in science for that as well then I'd love to hear it.


I don't care for sugared drinks, but I refuse to believe that humans today are identical to humans before the stone age.

Would Sir care to quantify his disbelief, in the manner requested of Sir in the part of the post that Sir decided not to quote?


Well no, I'm not a geneticist. And I don't think there'll be adequate DNA evidence from 40,000 years ago to make such a comparison in the first place.

_________________
Image
Forumite Forfeit: HD GOTY Definitive Edition Remaster! Plus!! - THE RESULTS


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:28 pm 
Member

Joined in 2008
I've read that lactose tolerance developed within the last 10,000 years or so.



What exactly is your problem with drinks like this, Ateyu? Calories and glycemic index?


Not such a big deal, when dealt with in moderation.

_________________
instagram: @habiz


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:06 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Harry Bizzle wrote:
I've read that lactose tolerance developed within the last 10,000 years or so.


Interesting, I'd like to know more about this.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:15 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2009
Location: belfast
pfffff.

iron brew or GTFO.

_________________
Quote:
The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them in parliament.

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:24 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: Not telling...
I refuse to believe that rainbows are the result of light refracting through air-borne water droplets.


Is this the thread where be refuse to believe facts just because?

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Well no, I'm not a geneticist. And I don't think there'll be adequate DNA evidence from 40,000 years ago to make such a comparison in the first place.


See: Neanderthal Genome Project

Alvin Flummux wrote:
Harry Bizzle wrote:
I've read that lactose tolerance developed within the last 10,000 years or so.


Interesting, I'd like to know more about this.


Unsurprising, considering the Neolithic Revolution occurred around 10,000 years ago. Up until that point, lactase production stopped once individuals surpassed the weaning age and were no longer drinking milk. Domestication of cattle, goats and camels allowed neolithic humans to continue to drink milk without having to suck on their mothers teats their entire lives. So lactase (the enzyme that breaks lactose into glucose and galactose) production continued into adulthood. Lactose intolerance by population of people correlates with the access to domesticated mammals that neolithic humans living in that area had.

_________________
strawberry floating bitches left and right my dick is ambidextrous


Last edited by Igor on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:24 pm 
Member ♥
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Harry Bizzle wrote:
What exactly is your problem with drinks like this, Ateyu? Calories and glycemic index?


Not such a big deal, when dealt with in moderation.


Yes, but 3 cans a day is not moderation.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:28 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2011
:twisted:

_________________
Errkal wrote:
It is amasing how people dont seem to be abel to do that.


Last edited by Turboman on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:30 pm 
Member

Joined in 2008
Well the diet stuff has a nearly non existent GI anyway, so if it's not making you a fatty as it is, you're not going to suddenly become a Hunter Gatherer Adonis by cutting it out entirely.

_________________
instagram: @habiz


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:32 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
I have a Coke as a treat every now and then. It's essentially flavoured sugar water. If you have Diet you're removing the main point of the drink. :fp:


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:20 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
Location: Not telling...
I rarely ever drink Coke or Pepsi without a spirit mixed in.

_________________
strawberry floating bitches left and right my dick is ambidextrous


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:43 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined in 2008
<]:^D wrote:
I have a Coke as a treat every now and then. It's essentially flavoured sugar water. If you have Diet you're removing the main point of the drink. :fp:


Diet Coke tastes kind of the same sans the whole it's so sweet I can feel my teeth decaying as I drink it feeling. And give your self better treats ffs.

_________________
Image
| (• ◡•)| Sequence shortened for purpose of signature. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Jump | Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6

All times are UTC+01:00

Affiliates

Super ONM - Unofficial Nintendo Magazine Forums

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Afrocat, bigcheez2k3, chalkitdown, Coreopsis, D_C, degoose, Fruits Punch Samurai, furiosum, JChalmers, KB, NickSCFC, Return_of_the_STAR, Spindash, wensleydale and 52 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited