Fitness & Martial Arts Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
That's not a growth
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Fitness & Martial Arts Thread
by That's not a growth » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:53 am

Sorry for your loss hero. Good luck tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

blackoutHERO
Joined in 2008

by blackoutHERO » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:03 pm

Cheers boys. Family are very proud of my lifting so I just need to get into the zone and destroy it.

smurphy
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child

by smurphy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:15 am

Jogged to the gym just now. Actually tasted like there was blood pooling in my mouth. :dread:

Wonder how this will affect my squat performance.

Hawky
Joined in 2008

by Hawky » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:10 am

Was there any blood? I have experienced a similar taste a few times when on longer jogs, don't think it's anything unusual.

smurphy
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child

by smurphy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:38 am

Nah, I think I'm just more unfit that previously thought.

The warm up seemed to do wonders for my workout though. Didn't get that can't-be-fucking-arsed-I'm-going-to-leave-the-gym feeling that often crops up. Fired through it and left feeling great.

<]:^D
Joined in 2008

by <]:^D » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:44 am

blackoutHERO » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:03 pm wrote:Cheers boys. Family are very proud of my lifting so I just need to get into the zone and destroy it.

Good luck BO. Do it for her and yourself. I'm sure she'd be proud.

blackoutHERO
Joined in 2008

by blackoutHERO » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:17 pm

Scottish Juniors Champion. Yaaaas. Proper write up when I'm home tomorrow. 575 total.

Rocsteady
Joined in 2008

by Rocsteady » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:28 pm

Beast. Well done.

Mini E
Doctor
Joined in 2008

by Mini E » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:38 pm

Well done!!

That's not a growth
Joined in 2008

by That's not a growth » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:47 pm

Nice one!

Hawky
Joined in 2008

by Hawky » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:34 pm

8-) 8-) 8-) Well done Cone, you get 135 bench?

blackoutHERO
Joined in 2008

by blackoutHERO » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:04 pm

Cheers bois. I did Hawks, 135 paused bench hmmmmmmgh

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:39 pm

Sorry to hear about your gran BO, but congratulations.

smurphy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:38 am wrote:Nah, I think I'm just more unfit that previously thought.

The warm up seemed to do wonders for my workout though. Didn't get that can't-be-fucking-arsed-I'm-going-to-leave-the-gym feeling that often crops up. Fired through it and left feeling great.

I go to the gym late at night but looking at your post times you must rip the arse right out of Puregym's 24 hour policy. :lol:

Rocsteady
Joined in 2008

by Rocsteady » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:17 pm

Jesus I would not be able to hit the gym at that time. Only ever up then if I'm out my face.

What was your squat/deadlift BOhero? Also what's your bw, I assume they take that into account?

<]:^D
Joined in 2008

by <]:^D » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:09 pm

blackoutHERO » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:17 pm wrote:Scottish Juniors Champion. Yaaaas. Proper write up when I'm home tomorrow. 575 total.

Noice.

Get any video?

Pontius Pilate
Joined in 2008

by Pontius Pilate » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:26 am

I've just been gradually losing more and more weight lately, even though I've been trying to build muscle. So I thought I'd add more protein to my diet. I had some boiled chicken and beans for breakfast. It has messed up my bowel movements so bad. I've been constipated since lunch time. :x I guess my body isn't used to eating much beyond a cereal bar in the mornings.

Fatal Exception
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover

by Fatal Exception » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:14 am

Coffee will sort that gooseberry fool out. Well it does for me :shifty:

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Pontius Pilate
Joined in 2008

by Pontius Pilate » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:18 am

Yeh good shout. There's this juice you can buy in convenience stores here that sorts you out good and proper. Almost too well. :dread:

That's not a growth
Joined in 2008

by That's not a growth » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:35 pm

Weighed my self yesterday and was down to 79kg, the lightest I've been in almost 2 years and 15kg lighter than I was 6 months ago. Really happy with this. My top two abs are starting to show a little so hopefully by the time I run my 10k in a month and a half I'll see some more progress there. I might actually have a six pack by the time summer comes, which would be great. Never had that before.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

blackoutHERO
Joined in 2008

by blackoutHERO » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:13 pm

Weighed in at 100.8kg so I was sound for my 105kg weight class.

Opened the squat at 180kg, three white lights. 200kg, three white lights and finished with a PB of 210kg, three white lights. Chuffed and off to a great start.

Bench I opened with 120kg and roasted it, three whites. Second attempt I went for a 130kg going by how fast my 120kg flew up, got that three whites. Final attempt was for 135kg and I bossed that too. Only 2 white lights because my heel moved but still a good lift.

Deadlift was a gamble. As you are all aware I have been battling a back injury for a very long time now so my deadlift hasn't really been trained consistently and sometimes not at all. So I decided I'd just go for it and see what I can do. Was confident I could pull a 210kg any day of the week so opened with that. Flew up. By this point I knew I had won so there was no pressure on me. Went to 230kg and got that fairly easy. Decided to go balls to the wall and try a 250kg as my last attempt. Haven't been anywhere near that weight since I hit my 260kg about 2 years ago and my back injury started. Got it to my knee but with the fatigue of the day, not wanting to strawberry float my back even more, I wasn't prepared to grind it out so I just stopped.

8/9 lifts, two personal records, a total of 575 and a 1st place trophy. Very successful first competition.

Return to “Stuff”