Football League & Non League Football Thread

Our best bits.
DML
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football League & Non League Football Thread
by DML » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:04 pm

Do they still do the coffin ceremony up north everytime Blackburn etc get promoted/relegated?

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:05 pm

Well that's gotta hurt for you lot. :lol:

We haven't drawn you in the fa cup for a while. :x what's going on.

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:09 pm

DML » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:04 pm wrote:Do they still do the coffin ceremony up north everytime Blackburn etc get promoted/relegated?

It's only for relegation. We did it when we came down, yeah.

PatSharpsMullet
Joined in 2008

by PatSharpsMullet » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:21 pm

glowy69 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:00 pm wrote:I've just heard burnley were 4th faves for relegation this season, is that true?

I think in the season Blackpool went up they were the favourites to be relegated.

PaperMacheMario
Joined in 2011
AKA: The Traitor

by PaperMacheMario » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:33 pm

5 wins in a row? What is this madness?

1 point behind 9th. :lol:

HSH28 wrote:Sounds what you really need is a sense of humour.
Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:36 pm

Exxy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 wrote:Another week of little change at the bottom of League Two. Still to close to call.

Its so close.

we were so unlucky today. Best ive seen us all season. But lacked any cutting edge up front. Portsmouth started very well and then i assume sat back because we dominated from about 25mins onwards. Pompy will probably run away with it next season.

Shoe Army
Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:06 pm

Really need Forest to lose to Bournemouth now.

Mini E
Doctor
Joined in 2008

by Mini E » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:12 pm

PaperMacheMario » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:33 pm wrote:5 wins in a row? What is this madness?

1 point behind 9th. :lol:

Absolute madness

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:26 pm

Imagine forest getting into the play offs and knocking derby out. :lol: :wub:

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

more heat than light
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl

by more heat than light » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:27 pm

glowy69 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:26 pm wrote:Imagine forest getting into the play offs and knocking derby out. :lol: :wub:

I came.

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:MHTL is an OG ledge
Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:33 pm

:lol:

Pancake
Joined in 2008

by Pancake » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:09 pm

We have lived to stay in League Two for another year! 8-) Still, it has been 3 years now and not even the merest hint of a playoff push. I am really hoping for more next year!

Oblomov Boblomov
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

by Oblomov Boblomov » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:37 pm

I strawberry floating hate you, glowy. I hate you so much :cry:.

Boro brothers, you know I wouldn't usually do this, but...

Come on Reading!! :slol:

Glowy69
Joined in 2008

by Glowy69 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:44 pm

Oblomov Boblomov » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:37 pm wrote:I strawberry floating hate you, glowy. I hate you so much :cry:.

No you don't. :wub:

Pretty sure you're first comment in the football thread was "down with the villa"

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:17 pm

So the boys didn't listen to my advice. Poor performance, you'd never have known we were competing for a place off-spot. At the risk of sounding like Tim Sherwood, there was little guts or determination on the field from Brighton yesterday. The fans rallied behind them trying to gee them up a bit but there was no sense of urgency until the last 5-10 minutes! :?

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Oblomov Boblomov
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

by Oblomov Boblomov » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:29 pm

glowy69 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:44 pm wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:37 pm wrote:I strawberry floating hate you, glowy. I hate you so much :cry:.

No you don't. :wub:

Pretty sure you're first comment in the football thread was "down with the villa"

:lol:

:shifty:

Drummy! :evil:

Thrupneybithead
Joined in 2010

by Thrupneybithead » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:59 pm

Corazon de Leon » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:29 pm wrote:And Minkey Boodle, or whatever he's calling himself now. I hope he's celebrating this minor victory, because next season Burnley are gonna get strawberry floated 5-0 in every single game they play. :D

:datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass:

As it stands, we're an entirely better team than the one that got promoted in 2009, so we've got every chance of surviving in the Premiership if we take the kind of approach the likes Stoke and Swansea have taken. I just want to see some sensible signings over the summer, rather than the board just throwing money at it (yeah, right). I've every faith in Sean Dyche to deliver in this respect. We're a hard working team that can be very difficult to play against, and long may it continue.

I'm over the moon, as you can imagine. An utterly sensational season- club records broken all over the shop, the best strike partnership and defence in the Championship, bogey teams like Leeds, Bolton and Ipswich put in their place, success on a shoestring that puts the likes of QPR and the other FFP whingers to shame, THAT win ( :datass: ). Boy, I've been a Burnley fan for the best part of 30 years and this is the finest squad I've seen in my lifetime.

E-I-E-I-E-I-O, UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO.

Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:23 pm

:dread:

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:25 pm

Thrupneybithead » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:59 pm wrote:
Corazon de Leon » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:29 pm wrote:And Minkey Boodle, or whatever he's calling himself now. I hope he's celebrating this minor victory, because next season Burnley are gonna get strawberry floated 5-0 in every single game they play. :D

:datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass: :datass:

As it stands, we're an entirely better team than the one that got promoted in 2009, so we've got every chance of surviving in the Premiership if we take the kind of approach the likes Stoke and Swansea have taken. I just want to see some sensible signings over the summer, rather than the board just throwing money at it (yeah, right). I've every faith in Sean Dyche to deliver in this respect. We're a hard working team that can be very difficult to play against, and long may it continue.

I'm over the moon, as you can imagine. An utterly sensational season- club records broken all over the shop, the best strike partnership and defence in the Championship, bogey teams like Leeds, Bolton and Ipswich put in their place, success on a shoestring that puts the likes of QPR and the other FFP whingers to shame, THAT win ( :datass: ). Boy, I've been a Burnley fan for the best part of 30 years and this is the finest squad I've seen in my lifetime.

E-I-E-I-E-I-O, UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO.

Well, you're still going down next May. NERRR! :fp:

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:30 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:...

Well, you're still going down next May. NERRR! :fp:

I thought that about Palace last season.

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image

Return to “Archive”