Would you judge a child based on their name?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Ironhide
Fiend
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Would you judge a child based on their name?
by Ironhide » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:29 pm

~Earl Grey~ wrote:Imagine in this day and age someone called their baby Morris. You'd judge and you know it.

I wanted my parents to call my brother Morris, I was three at the time though and fortunately for him my wishes were ignored.

I also suggested Marina if they had a girl, no prizes for guessing which car my parents owned at the time.

Alpha eX
Joined in 2008

by Alpha eX » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:29 pm

This looks like a fun show, Gino & Holly :lol:

I love his plea, "please anybody help me!"

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:43 pm

She is such a horrible person that it is hard to tell if she has been hacked or is just being a banana split. :lol:

Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

by Preezy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:52 pm

This was the talk of the office at work today. General (unanimous) consensus - what a cuntface.

Herdanos
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
AKA: lol don't ask

by Herdanos » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:26 pm

Fascinating video. Not sure why the video is titled like it is, if anything HW does extremely well to keep her cool, and right at the end when the bitch gets really nasty she cuts her short like you'd hope any good daytime presenter would.

Generating Real Conversations About Digital Entertainment
Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:03 pm

This woman is stupid. Just watched the video.

KKLEIN wrote:What do Katie Hopkins, Liz Jones, Jan Moir, Richard Littlejohn, Kelvin Mackenzie & Samantha Brick have in common?

They've all written for the Daily Mail.

Liz Jones :fp:

melatonin
Joined in 2008

by melatonin » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:14 pm

SquintyMcSquint wrote:Liz Jones

Three pages of a Schofield topic without this picture making an appearance. This place is going to the dogs.

Venom wrote:Say what you want but if this Halo TV series is a BIG BUDGET Game of Thrones style series with Spielberg directly producing this could be a Band of Brothers in space.
Fm
Joined in 2008
AKA: Foolish Mortal

by Fm » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:25 am

Monkey Man wrote:Image

I'm using this in an internet argument first chance I get.

Pedz wrote:recharging shields are gay.
Meep
Joined in 2010

by Meep » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:26 am

At least she is honest, even if she has totally lost her humanity.

We all know that as the global race to the bottom destroys the middle class the idea of meritocracy is almost laughable. Privilege and connections are the way to success and a child without moneyed parents has poor prospects from the get go. As friends for your own children, they won't make good tools with which they can lever themselves into lucrative positions, so are better discarded so they can focus their attention on more financially productive friendships.

It is a cold logic but I cannot fault it. After all, the middle ground is falling away and in a few decades you and your family will be stuck on one side of the divide or the other. I would not be surprised if parents did everything they could to enure it was the best one.

Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Dowbocop » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:59 am

Names - you probably can judge a person's class from their name, and we all will in some way or another, whether the child is called Chardonnay or Eugenie. Personally I find that in my experience the spawn of upper and middle class families are more likely to have an arrogant or obnoxious air about them, and can display the sort of contemptible behaviour that would've landed us povvo kids with a proper telling off, so why aren't they discriminated against?

Tattoos - I can see where she's coming from with regards to employment. How these teenagers with two inch ear tunnels are going to land a public facing role is beyond me. However, it is also society's problem, having a tattoo shouldn't stop you from being able to do a job (within reason obviously). What upset me more about that video was her repeatedly taunting a woman whose marriage was in trouble after criticising her memorial to her dead grandad. Seriously :fp:

Fat people - again, some relatively reasonable points about health and taxpayer money, but they were countered by Wipeout woman's tales of anorexia and other disorders/personality issues.

All in all she seems a complete snob, and therefore not a nice person. However, more interestingly she seems utterly unable to take on other points of view, which I think would make her a nightmare to work with :dread:

False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

by False » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:38 pm

Finally got round to this. That Katie bint got owned, but honestly, if my kid come home with a little Deshawn or Tequanda or Baguette or Apple or some gooseberry fool Id be watching very carefully.

Something Fishy

by Something Fishy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:01 pm

We've just looked her wiki.

Bit of a slag , puts it about and proudly been photographed shagging in a field.. Yuck, poor man.

She tried to stand as mep here and got .01 percent of the vote :lol:

She isn't half as posh as she thinks she is and is from Devon... I knew there was something very wrong with her.

Last edited by Something Fishy on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheTurnipKing
Joined in 2008

by TheTurnipKing » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:10 pm

I'd judge the kids parents based on the kids name.

Shadow
Joined in 2008

by Shadow » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:29 pm

Names are definitely linked to class, so if you judge people based on class then I guess you could judge based on name.

Personally, I'd be more inclined to judge someone with a name like Jonty or Rupert than I would Tyler or Chardonnay.

PatSharpsMullet
Joined in 2008

by PatSharpsMullet » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:33 pm

Something Fishy wrote:We've just looked her wiki.

Bit of a slag , puts it about and proudly been photographed shagging in a field.. Yuck, poor man.

She isn't half as posh as she thinks she is and is from Devon... I knew there was something very wrong with her.

I wonder if she would let her children play with the child/children of someone caught shagging in a field?

Alvin Flummux
Joined in 2008

by Alvin Flummux » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:38 pm

Her name is Katie. Therefore, she's a tosser.

Something Fishy

by Something Fishy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:39 pm

PatSharpsMullet wrote:
Something Fishy wrote:We've just looked her wiki.

I wonder if she would let her children play with the child/children of someone caught shagging in a field?

As long as they were from a high enough class for her she probably would. Such a sad woman.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:36 am

Attention seeking gobshite is still at it:

Closer Magazine via Huffington Post wrote:In a an interview with Closer magazine, Katie - who claims to be a size 8 - also laid into busy working mums, branding them 'lazy'.

“All working mums could be a size 8 like me if they put in a bit of effort," she said.

"They’re just lazy. It’s not that hard!

“I believe in ‘eat less, move more’. There are loads of celebrities who need to try harder too.

"Take Kelly Brook for example… Kelly is quite a chubster. She could work harder for her body.”

And Katie also says she can't deny accusations that she's a 'husband stealer' after she was caught romping in a field with her now hubby while he was still married.

“When people label me a husband stealer, I can’t lie that it’s not accurate.

“I did have affairs with married men. I saw Mark. I wanted him. I took him,” she said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07 ... 42713.html

If another woman punched her in the face you wouldn't care less...

Tragic Magic
Joined in 2008

by Tragic Magic » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:19 am

She's just an attention seeker. That Kelly Brook comment was made purely for the rise.

Rubix
Joined in 2008

by Rubix » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:34 am

Also in the mail

PLAY | Persona 3 Reloaded [3h]
WATCH | Ted Lasso S3, HiJack S1, The Apprentice S18
RACE | Chew Valley 10k (June), GNR (Sept), Cardiff Half (Oct)

Return to “Stuff”