Cigarette comercials back on tele...

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Cigarette comercials back on tele...
by Buffalo » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:56 pm

I learned 'fags as food' when I was a student. It still works. Not the healthiest way to lose weight, I imagine.

Errkal
Joined in 2011

by Errkal » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:08 am

Saw for the first time a no electronic cigarettes sign. Looks like stagecoach our local bus company have banned them on their buses.

Cal
Joined in 2008

by Cal » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:42 am

Errkal wrote:Saw for the first time a no electronic cigarettes sign. Looks like stagecoach our local bus company have banned them on their buses.

People kill what they fear and they fear what they don't understand.*

*Yes, I really did just quote Phil Collins, god help me.

Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Skarjo » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:31 am

I think I just killed quantum physics.

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
HailToTheKingBaby!
Joined in 2008

by HailToTheKingBaby! » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:14 pm

I've tried different e-cigs over the last couple of years with a view to them replacing normal cigarettes and normally they work for a time then I cave and go back to real ones.

Previously though I've bought the smaller ones that resemble actual cigarettes which have the downside of the battery life not being great and not lasting that long.

In January, I decided to give them another go and this time bought a larger one - got a "Zenith Amo" from liberro.co.uk - battery lasts much longer and you can just refill it with juice when it runs out so as long as have some of the cartomisers spare and a supply of the juice i'm good to go (my previous failings were normally down to running out of the tips or batterys dieing and caving into fags rather than waiting for the mailman to bring more e-cig stuff).

So far, since about the 5th of Jan when I got these I've had 3 real cigarettes (again when ran out of juice) but once the new juice came I've not touched them again since and have managed to ensure I order stuff before I run out so not caught short..

I can genuinely say, even though my girlfriend smokes so the temptation is there I don't miss normal cigs at all and the e-cigs have been doing the trick. It's nice being able to use them in the house and I do feel better since using them. Not to mention, it's nice not to stink of fags but the downside is, every time the missus has one I really notice the odour now.

With regards to them being banned in some places, it's a bit silly and I think as long as shops are responsible with who they sell them to (as they should be doing both with these and real cigarettes) then I think they are only a good thing. I do still tend to go outside when out in public to use them - partly as I still feel a bit uncomfortable pulling it out in say a pub or restaurant due to the funny look you can get as they're still quite a new thing but also at work, it's nice to go outside for 5 mins away from desk now and then. But as there's no smell or toxic fumes, I don't see why it's really an issue - maybe in somewhere like a cinema where the vapour could be annoying but in bars etc.. don't see a problem. Having said that, I'd also defend the owners right to choose whether or not they allow people to use them in their premises, if they'd prefer people didn't then fair play and I'd respect that.

Gemini73

by Gemini73 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:07 pm

Most the pubs in Cheltenham are banning e-cigs now. That's their right of course, but Cheltenham bars and pubs, (mainly the chains), need all the trade they can get at current and by banning e-cigs they are turning punters away. Most people I know who used some of these places are now going elsewhere for a few beers where e-cigs are not banned.

Return to “Stuff”