Hugging and other physical intimacies

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Hugging and other physical intimacies
by Green Gecko » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:45 pm

We're you raised in a dark box?

Actually you were probably traumatised by hugs.

"It should be common sense to just accept the message Nintendo are sending out through their actions."

❤ btw GRcade costs money and depends on donations - please support one of the UK's oldest video gaming forums → HOW TO DONATE
Curls
Joined in 2008

by Curls » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:53 pm

I love a hug, but I will NEVER initiate one. I have to be the one on the receiving end.

kommissarboris
Joined in 2009

by kommissarboris » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:03 pm

Green Gecko wrote:We're you raised in a dark box?

Actually you were probably traumatised by hugs.

Answered the question well there.

But honestly, if I have something wrong a hug ain't going to help, after the hug I sstill will have the same problem, no point.

As for affection, still don't really see the point, you've put your arms round me, stood there for a few seconds, and then let go, such affection, wow.

The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them in parliament.
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Feck, you live a life of hard facts. I know what you mean about empathy sometimes being a bit useless like, "here here, I understand" then just strawberry floating walk off. You must have a mind of steel.

"It should be common sense to just accept the message Nintendo are sending out through their actions."

❤ btw GRcade costs money and depends on donations - please support one of the UK's oldest video gaming forums → HOW TO DONATE
kommissarboris
Joined in 2009

by kommissarboris » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:10 pm

Green Gecko wrote:Feck, you live a life of hard facts. I know what you mean about empathy sometimes being a bit useless like, "here here, I understand" then just strawberry floating walk off. You must have a mind of steel.

Life is a series of hard facts.

The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them in parliament.
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:14 pm

If that were the case we could all programmatically live our lives. Some people don't need empathy but they are very rare. Stuff like hugs are good to remind people that their is something good shared despite wildly differing circumstances that feed into our moods.

And for that reason, yes can seem superficial.

kommissarboris
Joined in 2009

by kommissarboris » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:18 pm

Well whatever gets you through the day.

Scotticus Erroticus
Joined in 2008

by Scotticus Erroticus » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:21 pm

Are you Vulcan?

ImageImage
kommissarboris
Joined in 2009

by kommissarboris » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:25 pm

No.

Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Cuttooth » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:28 pm

I want a hug. :(

Spindash
Joined in 2008

by Spindash » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Johnny Jalfrezi
Joined in 2008

by Johnny Jalfrezi » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:51 am

Hugs became fashionable/acceptable around 1994. I left school in 1992 without a single hugging experience from my peers (did get a few blowies though, so swings and roundabouts - some of them even from girls) as it was generally considered OTT. A couple of years later I got in with a different circle of friends who were 2-3 years younger than me and you virtually had to prise them apart, such was their propensity for hugging. I remember being stunned and confused the first time one of them came up to me and started hugging me. 'Whoa, what?!', I inwardly exclaimed and then reciprocated by sticking my finger up the girl's bum.

I guess it wasn't to be for a few more years before this became publicly acceptable.

Pontius Pilate
Joined in 2008

by Pontius Pilate » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:57 am

In Korea, it's common for boys to be quite touchy with each other. I'll never get used to it. Some of my 12 year old students sit in class holding hands/generally just touching each other and sometimes even kissing one another. :shock: I see older dudes (high school/uni) looking really close on the subway sometimes too. The Konglish word for it is skinship.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:57 am

Curls wrote:I have to be the one on the receiving end.

:dread:

Herdanos
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
AKA: lol don't ask

by Herdanos » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:47 pm

Pontius Pilate wrote:In Korea, it's common for boys to be quite touchy with each other. I'll never get used to it. Some of my 12 year old students sit in class holding hands/generally just touching each other and sometimes even kissing one another. :shock: I see older dudes (high school/uni) looking really close on the subway sometimes too. The Konglish word for it is skinship.

Your avatar is perfect for this post. :lol:

Generating Real Conversations About Digital Entertainment
TheWay
Joined in 2012

by TheWay » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:52 pm

I've hugged you, Scott. No-one is missing out. There was no passion, no tenderness. It left me feeling cheap and used.

Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

by Peter Crisp » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:55 pm

I'm not a big fan of any form of physical contact so hugging and stuff are always awkward for me. Even shaking hands is a bit much in my opinion.

Vermilion wrote:I'd rather live in Luton.
Herdanos
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
AKA: lol don't ask

by Herdanos » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:06 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:I'm not a big fan of any form of physical contact so hugging and stuff are always awkward for me. Even shaking hands is a bit much in my opinion.

o/

?

Generating Real Conversations About Digital Entertainment
Scotticus Erroticus
Joined in 2008

by Scotticus Erroticus » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:07 pm

TheWay wrote:I've hugged you, Scott. No-one is missing out. There was no passion, no tenderness. It left me feeling cheap and used.

Stop your bleating or I'll post pictures of you flirting with Knoyleo just before Aneurin slammed his strong balls in your back.

ImageImage
Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

by Peter Crisp » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:18 pm

Dan. wrote:o/

?

o\
High fives are just about tolerable as they only involve a minimum of actual contact.

Vermilion wrote:I'd rather live in Luton.

Return to “Stuff”