The Poker Thread

Our best bits.
Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Poker Thread - Run Good Inc.
by Psychic » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:51 pm

I think it's a fold pre. Your hand isn't one that plays especially well with multiple opponents and you're out of position so even when you hit it'll be difficult to extract value. Plus, even when you might have the best hand on a flop like that one, it's difficult to get to showdown with a comfortable pot size. If the players in late position had been fairly active then I can see some merit in an occasional squeeze but for the most part I think it's best to just fold.

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:55 pm

I think it's good to flat pre against a random as if you raise they'll just call anyway and then you need to hit an ace or jack on the flop to know you're still ahead.
I think I lead the flop as you're likely to be ahead and getting calls from lots of draws and worse hands. If the board connects more or the guy 3bets then i'll pobably slow down or give up.

Edit: folding pre isn't terrible, but when it's this early in a tournament there are lots of terrible players who will double you up when you hit a flop, and you do probably have the best hand pre.

Luwinski
Joined in 2009

by Luwinski » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Yeah I think I am confident in my post flop play but I didn't capitalise here by check folding in the end when a king came on the turn. Terribad play from me. I should fold or call lead out if I've hit.

DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Its not a great hand with two callers, but I think its a bit weak to just immediately fold, so I would call see a flop and prepare to try and keep the pot relatively small - but change if the situation dictates. Its an horrid situation when it comes down Jack high but hugely connected. You are either well ahead or crushed - and have no real idea what to do! :lol:

Luwinski
Joined in 2009

by Luwinski » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:14 am

Aye it's early doors too.

Standard situation of 7-8 hands played and your looking for the best +ve chipEV spots you can. And at a $3.50 or $7.00 45 man this seems like a pretty profitable pot to lead out thin the players and keep the pot small on.

Any resistance we should be folding!

Psychic
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Psychic » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:55 pm

Luwinski wrote:Aye it's early doors too.

Standard situation of 7-8 hands played and your looking for the best +ve chipEV spots you can. And at a $3.50 or $7.00 45 man this seems like a pretty profitable pot to lead out thin the players and keep the pot small on.

Any resistance we should be folding!

How much would you be leading out for?

Slayerx
Joined in 2008

by Slayerx » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:55 pm

Drumstick wrote:
PokerStars is celebrating the sixth anniversary of the Sunday Million on March 11, 2012, and for one-week-only the site has increased the guarantee of its flagship event from $1 million to $6 million, with at least $1 million going to the champion.
The event will kick off at its regular time of 1430 EST (1930 GMT) with a direct buy-in of $215. As always, players can qualify for a seat by using their Frequent Player Points or through a wide variety of reasonably-priced satellites. There will also be a special 1,000-seat guaranteed satellite running just before the big Sunday Million kicks off, with feeder satellites starting from only $1.

Read more: http://www.pokernews.com/news/2012/02/p ... -12078.htm

I'm going to enter this if anyone wants a piece of my action.

I'll look to satellite and if not I think I will buy-in.

I'll keep you posted nearer the time.

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:37 pm

^ If I win a seat I'll be up for swapping a bit of action.

Speaking of satellites I bubbled one this afternoon. 30 players win a seat to the $55 red spade open and I came 31st. :x

Did well at the $2.50 180s though, with a 3rd and a 1st for + $150 profit. Might be able to play a few $8 ones soon.

Clarkman
Joined in 2008

by Clarkman » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:22 pm

Anyone else qualify for the Red Spade Open? Starts in 40 mins.

EDIT: Ul bro. I got in by coming top 2 in a 9 man $16sng. Not the best value rly, but I got in first time trying, so no complaints.

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:51 pm

I bought in direct in the end as I'm still up $100 today if I don't cash. I see your still in too. gl :)

The standard of play in this $50 tournament is much worse than the $2 180s :lol:

Clarkman
Joined in 2008

by Clarkman » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:54 pm

ty u2.

Ecno
Joined in 2008

by Ecno » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:00 pm

I would have bought a ticket with FPPs but you have to be at least a silver star to do that. Wankers.

Edit: Doesn't even let me use the chat because I don't have the buy in, in my account.

Donate to the Ukrainian Military's fight against fascism.

https://bank.gov.ua/en/news/all/natsion ... ebi-armiyi

Contact your MP to voice support for Ukraine
Clarkman
Joined in 2008

by Clarkman » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:22 pm

Out. Blugh. AQhh < KTo.

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:04 am

Finally out in 620th/24,000 for a min cash of $136.

Felt like I played the tournament as well as I could, but I was completely card dead the whole time. There was one spot right on the bubble where I had 99 and against an aggressive player, there were two over cards on the board and the guy bet into me. I wanted to shove as I thought I was good but the fact it was the bubble meant I folded, then he showed the Ace high. There was another spot where I raised from the hijack with A5o and the same guy had been 3betting 80% of the time from the SB. He shoved for about 20bb and I really wanted to call but decided it was too marginal. Then he shows T4o. :fp:

2500th paid $136, but then the next jump wasn't until 400th and that was only an extra $12, so it was frustrating to not have any hands during that time as I wanted to be aggressive and build a stack but I was forced to play passive and stayed around the 30k mark while the blinds kept going up. Finally I was down to 10bb (1/4 the average stack) and needing a double up. The SB shoved which he should be doing with any two, so I called with a suited king and he has A2o. Flop gives me a flush draw but his ace holds.

Nice little win anyway.

Clarkman
Joined in 2008

by Clarkman » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:10 am

Nice job. I'd happily have taken a min-cash.

Clarkman
Joined in 2008

by Clarkman » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Playing in Paris on Friday. Anybody got any experience playing in Europe?

DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Clarkman wrote:Playing in Paris on Friday. Anybody got any experience playing in Europe?

Yes.

In England. Image

Clarkman
Joined in 2008

by Clarkman » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:02 pm

DML wrote:
Clarkman wrote:Playing in Paris on Friday. Anybody got any experience playing in Europe?

Yes.

In England. Image

Looks like I might not be anyway. The place I was going to play a 50euro freezeout has been closed down. Most others are poorly reviewed or charge 100euro yearly registration fee. Doesn't seem like the best place for Poker.

Unless anyone else has any info I will have to call it off.

DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:05 pm

Clarkman wrote:
DML wrote:

Yes.

In England. Image

Looks like I might not be anyway. The place I was going to play a 50euro freezeout has been closed down. Most others are poorly reviewed or charge 100euro yearly registration fee. Doesn't seem like the best place for Poker.

Unless anyone else has any info I will have to call it off.

The Bicycle Club?

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:11 pm

I had a short but sweet session of poker this afternoon. Got a 1st and a 2nd in the 180s and finished with +$170 profit. :mrgreen:

Return to “Archive”