Nights out - What Do You Wear?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Stig
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nights out - What Do You Wear?
by Stig » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:27 pm

Depends, mostly t shirts but that's because I go to the SU alot. If I'm going into town then it'll probably be a shirt.

Clarkman
Joined in 2008

by Clarkman » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:28 pm

Gario wrote:While on the prowl for fresh meat,

This made me physically shiver.

Albert
Joined in 2008

by Albert » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:29 pm

jamglebells wrote:
Albear wrote:
jamglebells wrote:but I generally think guys look like idiots when they wear shirts for going out as it looks like you've made too much effort.

:lol: You thinks it's an effort to wear a shirt when you go out?

Not effort as in physical effort, but that you've put too much thought into it. I look good enough in my day to day clothes so I stick with them. 8-)

People who take their tops off in clubs are utter dicks as well. What's the point?

Too much thought into wearing a shirt? :lol:

You're either a student or Northern.

jamcc
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by jamcc » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:31 pm

Albear wrote:
jamglebells wrote:
Albear wrote:
jamglebells wrote:but I generally think guys look like idiots when they wear shirts for going out as it looks like you've made too much effort.

Not effort as in physical effort, but that you've put too much thought into it. I look good enough in my day to day clothes so I stick with them. 8-)

People who take their tops off in clubs are utter dicks as well. What's the point?

Neither. Okay, let me put it a different way - jeans generally go better with tshirts than shirts. And people tend to wear gooseberry fool, gooseberry fool, gooseberry fool shirts on nights out anyway. And gooseberry fool jeans too.

Adam231
Joined in 2008

by Adam231 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:37 pm

I like to wear shirts with the sleeves rolled up but don't have any waistcoats, dont mean i dont want one :( I actually want a nice shirt with a nice contrasting waistcoat that work well together ;)

HrC
Joined in 2008

by HrC » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:41 pm

generally a loud or patterned short sleeved shirt with some khaki trousers

Exxy
Joined in 2008
AKA: Dodems

by Exxy » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:53 pm

I don't go out, I just linger around so it's a hoody, jeans and shoes.

Beans
Joined in 2008

by Beans » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:00 pm

I only really go to house/techno/electro clubs or indie places and those places never have a dress code, so its all about the tshirt and jeans combo for me. Fabric in London is my favourite club and people who have dressed up when they go there just look out of place.

Madness
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Tom Sawyer

by Madness » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:01 pm

T-shirt and Jeans. Obviously a hoody or a coat if it's cold.

The People's ElboReformat
Joined in 2008
AKA: Goat, Zenigame

by The People's ElboReformat » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:22 pm

Hawaiian shirts and white cargo trousers.

Seriously though, just a T-shirt and jeans if I'm just at the pub. If it's something more important then a shirt is worn instead.

The Eeveelution club! \o/
Knoyleo
Joined in 2008

by Knoyleo » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:24 pm

Depends on where I'm going, my favourite clubs being utter dives, one's a basement, and another's a mostly windowless three story place that looks like it might once have been part of a warehouse, so usually just jeans, t-shirt and trainers, or with an open casual shirt over it.

As I mostly only go to proper "clubs" (Tiger Tiger, Oceana) on student nights, shoes aren't necessary, so it's trainers again, but I do like to wear a shirt when I go there, so I don't feel quite so terrible about being there. Often times I'll wear the shirt open again, with something unfitting of the place underneath, like a Slayer t-shirt or whatever. Really stands out when you're struggling to understand why you're even in the R 'n' B room.

pjbetman wrote:That's the stupidest thing ive ever read on here i think.
DaLax
Joined in 2008

by DaLax » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:28 pm

Hmm. I used to wear shirts, when I first started going out on the town, when I was 18-22, then I started to notice that the only guys who wore shirts were these spiky haired alpha types who went WAAAAYY a lot and shouted. So now I just stick to t-shirts.

Last edited by DaLax on Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Thropwimp
Joined in 2008
AKA: Phantom

by Mr Thropwimp » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:30 pm

Posh jeans, nice shirt and a good pair of shoes at a function or a higher calibre night out. I like to dress up a little (smart casual) to go to the pub too, since the pub I frequent isn't some gooseberry fool hole in the middle of town.

Some times there's no need to dress up like that, but I don't always feel right if I haven't made an effort.

If it's some place like 42s or 5th Chav in Manc or The Warehouse in Preston, then it's jeans, tee and trainers. They're too packed to tart up for, things only get soaked in other people's drink.

Last edited by Mr Thropwimp on Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
$ilva $hadow wrote:charles lafonda click click boom
Shadow
Joined in 2008

by Shadow » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:32 pm

DaLax wrote:then I started to notice that the only guys who wore shirts were these spiky haired alpha types who went WAAAAYY a lot and shouted.

:shifty:

Adam Pollard
Joined in 2008

by Adam Pollard » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:45 pm

Obviously depends on what I'm going out for - if it's a gig, usually a t-shirt or polo shirt with jeans and converse shoes. Anywhere else, usually smartish darker jeans with a casual shirt, nowt too formal.

Mr Thropwimp
Joined in 2008

by Mr Thropwimp » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:48 pm

I can't actually wait for my mate's wedding (in 2010 :fp:) so I can get proper suited and booted. I don't think I'll have the opportunity before then.

Steve
Joined in 2008

by Steve » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:58 pm

gaminglegend wrote:I just can't get with the whole waist coat , shirt stuff, I feel like I'm something I'm not. So you'll find me either in a longsleeve, or wearing tees with jeans. What about you? Do you dress up, shirts, ties, waistcoats, jumpers? Let GR hear you child.

A cape.

Phatman
Joined in 2008

by Phatman » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:07 am

Albear wrote:
jamglebells wrote:
Albear wrote:

*is mortally offended*

Depends where I'm going. Sometimes a smarter t-shirt, sometimes a casual shirt, sometimes I suit it up etc. I don't make much of an effort if I'm going to a dive, but if I'm going somewhere decent then I will make sure to look at least presentable. Men in 'going out' shirts (usually white, tight, maybe a tasteless set of faded patterns) look terrible and so very identikit. I always make sure if I'm wearing a shirt I haven't strayed into that territory.

"Fire Fighters are like Ghostbusters, except they fight fire - not ghosts"
Mr Thropwimp
Joined in 2008

by Mr Thropwimp » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:17 am

That's fairly easy. They always wear those white or black shirts with a faded pattern on.

A little shopping about results in a nice shirt which few other people would wear.

Red Devil
Joined in 2008

by Red Devil » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:25 am

bigcheez2k3 wrote:Jeans, T-Shirt and trainers.

Coat or a hoody if it is cold.

Maybe a shirt if it's a bit of a nicer occasion.

Return to “Stuff”