The Wrestling Thread: WWE WrestleMania 31 [NSFW]

Our best bits.
KK
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Wrestling Thread
by KK » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:54 pm

I think it's as simple as Vince McMahon hating the division. Most of them can't wrestle, the matches are terrible, the storylines are terrible & there's very little sex factor whatsoever. And the ironic thing is, it's all their fault. They've hired models instead of wrestlers & forgotten to actually train them.

Look at what Trish Stratus & Fit Finley did with the roster, & then compare that to now.

Dark Ritual
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Dark Ritual » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:00 pm

Apparently the WWE Network will have a cruiserweight only show. This can only be good.

Skippy
Joined in 2008

by Skippy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:39 pm

Dark Ritual wrote:Apparently the WWE Network will have a cruiserweight only show. This can only be good.

In theory, yes.

Jam-Master Jay
Joined in 2008

by Jam-Master Jay » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:43 pm

KKLEIN wrote:I think it's as simple as Vince McMahon hating the division. Most of them can't wrestle, the matches are terrible, the storylines are terrible & there's very little sex factor whatsoever. And the ironic thing is, it's all their fault. They've hired models instead of wrestlers & forgotten to actually train them.

Look at what Trish Stratus & Fit Finley did with the roster, & then compare that to now.

It's silly how they hire models and don't have them flaunt their good looks more if they can't wrestle for gooseberry fool. Getting rid of Finlay was also a big mistake.

They should scrap the division and just let Kharma, Beth and Natalya have random matches whilst the rest become a new take on the Nitro Girls.

Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:54 pm

Jam-Master Jay wrote:
KKLEIN wrote:I think it's as simple as Vince McMahon hating the division. Most of them can't wrestle, the matches are terrible, the storylines are terrible & there's very little sex factor whatsoever. And the ironic thing is, it's all their fault. They've hired models instead of wrestlers & forgotten to actually train them.

It's silly how they hire models and don't have them flaunt their good looks more if they can't wrestle for gooseberry fool. Getting rid of Finlay was also a big mistake.

They should scrap the division and just let Kharma, Beth and Natalya have random matches whilst the rest become a new take on the Nitro Girls.

Or let them do playboy again!

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
Hank Scorpio
Joined in 2008

by Hank Scorpio » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:55 pm

Random I know, but what happened to the WWE fantasy game they used to run on the official website ?

20 times, 20 times, Man United...
KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:00 pm

Jam-Master Jay wrote:It's silly how they hire models and don't have them flaunt their good looks more if they can't wrestle for gooseberry fool. Getting rid of Finlay was also a big mistake.

The Nitro Girls really was one of Eric Bischoff's better ideas.

They would usually start the show following the "Pyro & Ballyhoo", or come out & dance while the announcers plugged tickets or what was still to come later in the programme. It wasn't uncommon for Nitro to start, the pyro go off, the Nitro Girls dance, & then they'd go over to the announce position to discuss various developments.

The way Nitro was paced (until 1999) compared to today was just night & day. Very much like a sports broadcast.

Cosmo
Joined in 2010

by Cosmo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:13 pm

WWE are trending worldwide and the there's no show even on.

#WWEAnimals

"Danny Duberstein is good at two things. That's Math, and strawberry floatin'."
Twitch - CosBroKramer
1cmanny1
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by 1cmanny1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:33 pm

captain red dog wrote:I don't know who they think will enjoy that gimmick. Adults hate fart jokes, kids/boys and teenagers will find her unattractive.

They are probably trying to get more British people to watch. That guy that made Fable, said you love them.

Chocolate Jim
Joined in 2008

by Chocolate Jim » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:24 pm

So much pessimism in the thread nd I haven't posted for days :lol: :lol: god help us all if you lot give up as well

Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:44 pm

Chocolate Jim wrote:So much pessimism in the thread nd I haven't posted for days :lol: :lol: god help us all if you lot give up as well

Funny thing is, I've been very down on WWE and wrestling in general for a good few months but the last few weeks have made me a lot more positive.

I also think I'm the only one on here that's enjoying the cena/kane feud.

I'm looking forward to rock v cena at mania and rock being on 4 raws soon. HHH v taker is still interesting to me. I like the punk and johnny ace segments and whilst I think they've strawberry floated up the jericho return by not having him win the rumble I'm still interested in where it goes.

The divas division has never held anymore interest to me than hoping for a wardrobe malfunction. Although kharma v Beth will be interesting in the short term when it happens.

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
Chocolate Jim
Joined in 2008

by Chocolate Jim » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:24 pm

Woah woah woah!!! Don't you go attributing the Cena and Kane love to me there chap. I think that storyline is god awful :lol:

The things I'm enjoying myself at the moment are:

- anything to do with mark Henry, Bryan and Miz

.... Actually the best wrestling 15 mins I've seen on tv in the last few months was the Alex Shelley / Austin Aeries in ring promo. That was fantastic

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:28 pm

Mark Henry's going to be out for a month+ unfortunately.

NBK
Joined in 2008

by NBK » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:32 pm

Chocolate Jim wrote:Woah woah woah!!! Don't you go attributing the Cena and Kane love to me there chap. I think that storyline is god awful :lol:

The things I'm enjoying myself at the moment are:

- anything to do with mark Henry, Bryan and Miz

.... Actually the best wrestling 15 mins I've seen on tv in the last few months was the Alex Shelley / Austin Aeries in ring promo. That was fantastic

Awful as it may be (and it really is), at least it gives Cena something else to do rather than being involved in the title picture yet again.

Cosmo
Joined in 2010

by Cosmo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:13 am

CM Punk wrote:I want @JRsBBQ to call wrestlemania.

Don't we all. :(

"Danny Duberstein is good at two things. That's Math, and strawberry floatin'."
Twitch - CosBroKramer
YouSmellOfWee
Joined in 2008
AKA: Wuijibobo

by YouSmellOfWee » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:23 am

Cosmo wrote:

No. Michael Cole FTW. Calls everything fairly, and isn't too busy sucking up to Stone Cold.

Prototype
Joined in 2008

by Prototype » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:25 am

YouSmellOfWee wrote:
Cosmo wrote:

No. Michael Cole FTW. Calls everything fairly, and isn't too busy sucking up to Stone Cold.

Please tell me you're joking.

YouSmellOfWee
Joined in 2008
AKA: Wuijibobo

by YouSmellOfWee » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:35 am

Prototype wrote:
YouSmellOfWee wrote:
Cosmo wrote:

Please tell me you're joking.

Michael Cole is the people's commentator. Look at how he has eventually changed his mind about Daniel Bryan, going from hating him, to being won over by the charisma that Bryan clearly exudes.

Michael Cole knows his gooseberry fool, never gets a call wrong.

Chocolate Jim
Joined in 2008

by Chocolate Jim » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:44 am

Look at the pop for the title change!!! Eddie :wub: :wub: :wub:

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:46 am

The Rock vs. John Cena needs Tony Schiavone.

Return to “Archive”