All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 360, 361, 362, 363, 364, 365, 366 ... 646  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Comics Thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:08 pm 
HM wrote:

Well don't know if this is new to you or not then, but they're basically continuing in comic form like what happened with Buffy/Angel. http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/121/1218317p1.html

If DC think they can trick me into spending more time with Smallville then... the Stephanie Brown Batgirl team?

Well played. In fact this would surely be even better than Smallville as they wouldn't be limited by budget to having to re-use the same three sets and poor acting won't be a problem.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:20 pm 
Iron Man No More

http://marvel.com/news/story/18109/iron_man_no_more

:shock:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:26 pm 

AKA: DAT MAF
:roll:

Blog | Twitter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:57 pm 
Mafro wrote:

Exactly. Really can't be bothered with all these events, seems like there's a new one every couple of months. It's getting worse than trying to follow the wrestling.

Quite happy checking out the some non-mainstream stuff and catching up on trades for now. Thanks qupe, Locke and Key's really good, I hadn't realised it was written by Joe Hill.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:28 am 
NBK wrote:
Exactly. Really can't be bothered with all these events, seems like there's a new one every couple of months. It's getting worse than trying to follow the wrestling.

I'm only excited because a) it's iron man and b) it's the conclusion to the entire invincible iron man story that fraction has been writing for like the last 4 years and c) if they truly do replace tony as iron man, that's massive. That's Bucky becoming Capt massive. All in all leaves me very excited for this story about my favourite marvel character.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:34 am 

AKA: Anung
Iron Man No More (lol for a few issues :roll: )

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:36 am 
Sma11vi11e Lives!

\o/

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:42 am 

Just replace him with War Machine ffs.

He's much cooler anyway 8-)

Blog | Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:43 am 
NBK wrote:
Mafro wrote:

I haven't bought a comic in two years because I was finding it nigh on impossible to keep up to date with everything. The comics market seems to be impenetrable to casual readers – I'm a much bigger fan of standalone stories or mini series, which is a shame as I'd like to get back into Batman but have no idea where I'd even start.

Last edited by Ginga on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:43 am 
Mockmaster wrote:
Sma11vi11e Lives!

\o/

:mrgreen:

Ginga wrote:
NBK wrote:
Mafro wrote:

I haven't bought a comic in two years because I was finding it nigh on impossible to keep up to date with everything. The comics market seems to be impenetrable to casual readers – I'm a much bigger fan of standalone stories or mini series, which is a shame as I'd like to get back into Batman but have no idea where I'd even start.

Batman is easy- Pick up Scott Snyder's Batman series starting at #1, most recent issue was #5. Very easy for new readers to get into and it's spectacular. I'd also recommend Snyder's The Black Mirror.

Last edited by Memento Mori on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:45 am 
Ginga wrote:
NBK wrote:
Mafro wrote:

DC has just had a massive relaunch of all their comics last sept/oct, and there never been a better time to jump onto Batman. It's only upto round issue 5, Scott Snyder is writing it and he's pretty much is a comic writing god.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:49 am 
Speaking of Snyder, Batman #6 is this week. :wub:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:50 am 

I seriously need to pick these Synder ones up >_> letting the team down.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:51 am 
The early issues are probably cheap digitally by now. Not too late to jump on board.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:52 am 
Ginga wrote:
NBK wrote:
Mafro wrote:

Batman's only five issues into the New 52 reboot, so how about starting with #1? ;)

I discovered IDW's Star Trek ongoing series a couple of days ago, and read through the first four issues on Comixology. I can tell it's nothing amazing, but the Star Trek license seems to elevate anything for me, and the concept is rather neat. So far it's been reworking TOS stories into the JJ Abrams universe, and it does a really good job of capturing the characters. The actual storylines are perhaps a little too close to the source material, but that hasn't bothered me yet. I'd score it enjoyable fluff/10.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:56 am 

Ginga wrote:
NBK wrote:
Mafro wrote:

I haven't bought a comic in two years because I was finding it nigh on impossible to keep up to date with everything.

This is the reason I stopped reading X-Men :fp:

That and Schism being strawberry floating hilariously bad.

Blog | Twitter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:58 am 

X-men has been awful for a very long time.

Need to pick up Synder's American Vampire as well I reckon.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:43 am 
HM wrote:
NBK wrote:

I'm only excited because a) it's iron man and b) it's the conclusion to the entire invincible iron man story that fraction has been writing for like the last 4 years and c) if they truly do replace tony as iron man, that's massive. That's Bucky becoming Capt massive. All in all leaves me very excited for this story about my favourite marvel character.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure for anyone that's been following Iron Man, it's a big thing. It's just the fact that it's yet *another* big thing that's the problem. As I've mentioned before, I only really got into buying monthlies again due to Batman: Reborn, and we all (well, most of us) know how that turned out. I'm actually reading the Bucky as Cap stuff just now and it's excellent.

I think I get more out of things like this after it's all happened; you can skip over the gooseberry fool and just concentrate on what's important. Spoilers and twists don't even matter too much if the material's strong enough.

Agreed on Snyder's Batman, it's the perfect jumping on point and yes, Anung, you do need to read American Vampire next.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:56 am 

AKA: DanteCWA
People should definatly not be missing out on uncanny x-force, its a shame its listed under the current run of terrible x-comics

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:14 am 
Mafro wrote:
Ginga wrote:
NBK wrote:
Mafro wrote:

I haven't bought a comic in two years because I was finding it nigh on impossible to keep up to date with everything.

This is the reason I stopped reading X-Men :fp:

That and Schism being strawberry floating hilariously bad.

The only X books worth reading are Wolverine and the X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, Generation Hope and X-Force. Wolverine and the X-Men in particular is very good.

Dante wrote:
People should definatly not be missing out on uncanny x-force, its a shame its listed under the current run of terrible x-comics

It was unmissable during Dark Angel Saga but the current story is substantially worse.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 360, 361, 362, 363, 364, 365, 366 ... 646  Next